REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: FecalFace] #2914888
02/18/19 12:43 AM
02/18/19 12:43 AM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
It doesn't matter if it didn't happen because stuff like that IS actually happening.

MAGA hat wearing Trump supporters are physically attacking blacks, gays, and other minorities everywhere.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: frvcvs] #2914890
02/18/19 12:47 AM
02/18/19 12:47 AM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
A few things.

- what happened to the innocent until proven guilty that many of you were preaching when it looked like 2 MAGA hate wearing whiteys were accused of the attack? It doesnt look great for Smollett but why arent many of you applying the same standard? I find that curious.

- if Smollett did in fact orchestrate this attack itd be extremely sad, unfortunate and pathetic and he deserves everything coming to him from career ruin to criminal charges. Most of all because a hoax like this does nothing but hurt the causes hes been championing.

- it still feels like most of you are frothing for this to be a hoax of Smolletts creation for all the wrong reasons.

This whole thing is sad and unfortunate all around.

It was obvious (to me) that his story was utter bullshit as soon as I heard it.

Innocent until proven guilty isnt even the point for me. He told a completely unbelievable story, a story which I never believed.

Innocence or guilt is up for a court to decide. Me? I just dont believe him.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: Duffy] #2914891
02/18/19 12:51 AM
02/18/19 12:51 AM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: Duffy
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
A few things.

- what happened to the innocent until proven guilty that many of you were preaching when it looked like 2 MAGA hate wearing whiteys were accused of the attack? It doesnt look great for Smollett but why arent many of you applying the same standard? I find that curious.

- if Smollett did in fact orchestrate this attack itd be extremely sad, unfortunate and pathetic and he deserves everything coming to him from career ruin to criminal charges. Most of all because a hoax like this does nothing but hurt the causes hes been championing.

- it still feels like most of you are frothing for this to be a hoax of Smolletts creation for all the wrong reasons.

This whole thing is sad and unfortunate all around.

It was obvious (to me) that his story was utter bullshit as soon as I heard it.

Innocent until proven guilty isnt even the point for me. He told a completely unbelievable story, a story which I never believed.

Innocence or guilt is up for a court to decide. Me? I just dont believe him.

The only people that likely believed the guy were those allowing themselves to be greatly influenced by their confirmation bias.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2914902
02/18/19 01:32 AM
02/18/19 01:32 AM
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status
1whoknows  Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

The only people that likely believed the guy were those allowing themselves to be greatly influenced by their confirmation bias.
You must be talking about Kavanaugh

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2914909
02/18/19 02:40 AM
02/18/19 02:40 AM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Online happy
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Online Happy
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
It doesn't matter if it didn't happen because stuff like that IS actually happening.

MAGA hat wearing Trump supporters are physically attacking blacks, gays, and other minorities everywhere.

What's funny about this whole thing is if there really is some resurgence in white supremacy and hate crimes because of Trump, why not focus people's attention on incidents that actually happened instead of making poop up confused2

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: grapedrink] #2914931
02/18/19 04:52 AM
02/18/19 04:52 AM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Originally Posted By: grapedrink

What's funny about this whole thing is if there really is some resurgence in white supremacy and hate crimes because of Trump, why not focus people's attention on incidents that actually happened instead of making poop up confused2

Youve heard of the law of supply and demand? Well there isnt a large enough supply of real racism to meet the demand.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: Duffy] #2914940
02/18/19 05:19 AM
02/18/19 05:19 AM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: Duffy
Originally Posted By: grapedrink

Youve heard of the law of supply and demand? Well there isnt a large enough supply of real racism to meet the demand.

Correct.

It makes great distractions for politicians and the media.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2914949
02/18/19 06:48 AM
02/18/19 06:48 AM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

it's crazy what people think they can get away with in this day and age.

forget about the institutional and government surveillance systems, every single
person around you has the ability to record audio and video.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article226337475.html

damn. using courier font. that is fooking aggressive man.
Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: everysurfr] #2914957
02/18/19 08:06 AM
02/18/19 08:06 AM
A
acnjusa Offline
Michael Peterson status
acnjusa  Offline
Michael Peterson status
A

in AC when one takes a cab with a Haitian driver......when asked where are you from....the driver
usually answers "Nigeria."

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: everysurfr] #2914969
02/18/19 12:42 PM
02/18/19 12:42 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...

This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.
Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: everysurfr] #2914995
02/18/19 03:10 PM
02/18/19 03:10 PM
S
squidley Offline
Miki Dora status
squidley  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

https://canadafreepress.com/article/jussie-smolletts-sisters-worked-for-barack-obama

Quote:

Jussie Smolletts sisters, actresses and activists, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, and Jazz Smollett-Warwell, worked as leading campaign surrogates for former President Barack Obama, and less than a year ago, videos of Jussie dancing with Michelle Obama went viral.

Jussie Smolletts hate crime story that he was attacked by two men who shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him along with the phrase This is MAGA country, on Jan. 29, seems to be falling apart.
Smollett-Bell posted the following message about her support for Obama on Instagram on President Donald Trumps Inauguration Day:

Feeling a lot of emotions. I remember meeting then Senator @barackobama 9 years ago. Id been invited to introduce him in Nevada during the primaries. He was the underdog, the odds were stacked against him. Said he was too young, too black, too differenthe was an other. Ive always been an other so I saw myself in him. My own relative told me I was wasting my time, going state to state, knocking on doors for this guy with the funny name. I cant tell you how many people hung the phone up on my sister @jazzsmollettwarwell and me as we clocked in our hours, phone banking.

Working as if this was a full time job, I worked for free, because this work was food for my soul....."

.....Less than a year ago, videos of Michelle Obama dancing with Jussie Smollett went viral over the Internet.

How long was Smolletts hate crime story in the making?

And more significantly how many more are on the way?

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: everysurfr] #2915151
02/18/19 06:27 PM
02/18/19 06:27 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
I was actually surprised to see reports saying that this guy knew his "attackers" on the personal level, pre-planned the event and paid them. To whatever extent that's true that would actually be worse than getting roughed up over a drug deal or slip-n-fall in the ice and then blaming racists for it - which it what I had previously came to suspect.

My daughter was telling me that this guy's family is involved with a reality show
Food Network : Smollett Easts

Quote:

About the Show
Hang out with the Smolletts as they braise, bake and grill their way through the week. From putting on the perfect kids' birthday party to throwing a midnight BBQ for their friends, these six siblings whip up some of their family's favorite recipes while giving us a glimpse into the relationships that make them so much fun. Baby back ribs, steak banh mi tacos and pork chili verde are just some of the mouthwatering dishes that cooking ace Jake Smollett and his brothers and sisters bring to the table. These are meals you won't want to miss!

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: everysurfr] #2915480
02/19/19 01:38 AM
02/19/19 01:38 AM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
Reported by the attackers, that jussie did pay them to do it

*** You are ignoring this user ***
That is why I hate them for their stupidity. They were so close to greatness and squandered it.
https://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2934578&page=3
Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: everysurfr] #2915483
02/19/19 01:50 AM
02/19/19 01:50 AM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** [Re: everysurfr] #2915488
02/19/19 02:03 AM
02/19/19 02:03 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
This is about availability cascades.

If you aren't viewing it through that prism you are blind.

(I just deleted some taboo humor because I am capable of applying boundaries on myself sometimes.)

Alysa needs to read my book.

"The baby is born, the mother meets with the doctor, they take care of the baby, they wrap the baby beautifully, and then the doctor and the mother determine whether or not they will execute the baby.” --DT

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32