REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: StuAzole] #2913936
02/15/19 04:39 PM
02/15/19 04:39 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Originally Posted By: Autoprax
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
From what I can tell, a bunch of people worries about Trump's mental capacity sat around and discussed their options under an Amendment to the Constitution and decided not to do anything.

The word "coup" means something.

They went way beyond merely having a casual conversation. They engaged in surveillance, leaking info to the press to damage the president and ultimately launching investigations seeking to oust the president and to provide themselves cover for their treachery.

One of the ways grossfatdad trolls is mischaracterization.

I think he doesn't it automatically.

Link?

Because what you've posted in opinion - and it's opinion who insist that the Mueller investigation has come up fruitless before Mueller is even done.

Regardless, the word "coup" means something. What you describe, even if true, isn't it.

"Any Justice Department official who even mentioned the 25th amendment in the context of President Trump has committed a grievous offense against the Constitution. The framers had in mind something very specific, and trying to use the 25th amendment to circumvent impeachment provisions or to circumvent an election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power-grabbing."

Alan Dershowitz

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: GromsDad] #2913938
02/15/19 04:40 PM
02/15/19 04:40 PM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

If [McCabes comments are] true, it is clearly an attempt at a coup dtat.

Alan Dershowitz

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2913939
02/15/19 04:41 PM
02/15/19 04:41 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

lol

silent coup

It's one thing to repeatedly tell us what Trump "really meant" but now you're doing it for GromsDad too?

Also, the term "silent coup" means something. This isn't it.

Bock you
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: GromsDad] #2913942
02/15/19 04:43 PM
02/15/19 04:43 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

From what I can tell, a bunch of people worries about Trump's mental capacity sat around and discussed their options under an Amendment to the Constitution and decided not to do anything.

They went way beyond merely having a casual conversation. They engaged in surveillance, leaking info to the press to damage the president and ultimately launching investigations seeking to oust the president and to provide themselves cover for their treachery.

One of the ways grossfatdad trolls is mischaracterization.

I think he doesn't it automatically.

Link?

Because what you've posted in opinion - and it's opinion who insist that the Mueller investigation has come up fruitless before Mueller is even done.

Regardless, the word "coup" means something. What you describe, even if true, isn't it.

"Any Justice Department official who even mentioned the 25th amendment in the context of President Trump has committed a grievous offense against the Constitution. The framers had in mind something very specific, and trying to use the 25th amendment to circumvent impeachment provisions or to circumvent an election is a despicable act of unconstitutional power-grabbing."

Alan Dershowitz

The 25th Amendment was ratified in the 1960's. I don't know, but I'm guessing the framers' intent was given consideration then.

Bock you
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: GromsDad] #2913943
02/15/19 04:44 PM
02/15/19 04:44 PM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Sizz,

You keep saying that in direct contrast to the words of Constitutional Scholar Alan Dershowitz yet you make no attempt to refute his words.....why is that?

Re: The Failed Coup [Re: GromsDad] #2913945
02/15/19 04:47 PM
02/15/19 04:47 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Sizz,

You keep saying that in direct contrast to the words of Constitutional Scholar Alan Dershowitz yet you make no attempt to refute his words.....why is that?

It's his opinion. He's given no legal citation to refute. I'd love to see the court holdings that demonstrate the 25th Amendment is illegal, or that discussing the use of the 25th Amendment is criminal.

Bock you
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: StuAzole] #2913950
02/15/19 04:50 PM
02/15/19 04:50 PM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Sizz,

It's his opinion. He's given no legal citation to refute. I'd love to see the court holdings that demonstrate the 25th Amendment is illegal, or that discussing the use of the 25th Amendment is criminal.

Once again, they went way beyond merely having a casual conversation. They engaged in surveillance, leaking info to the press to damage the president and ultimately launching investigations seeking to oust the president and to provide themselves cover for their treachery. Absolutely a coup.

Re: The Failed Coup [Re: StuAzole] #2913954
02/15/19 04:57 PM
02/15/19 04:57 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island

lol

silent coup

It's one thing to repeatedly tell us what Trump "really meant" but now you're doing it for GromsDad too?

A silent coup means a variety of things.

Just a coup without violence in general.

The goal was to oust a democratically elected president from office because he is their political enemy.

They didn't need to depose the entire party, just depose the outsider president.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: GromsDad] #2913958
02/15/19 05:04 PM
02/15/19 05:04 PM
G
GromsDad Offline OP
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline OP
Duke status
G

These assholes support the coup because bad orangeman.

Re: The Failed Coup [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2913959
02/15/19 05:05 PM
02/15/19 05:05 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

lol

silent coup
The man is mentally unfit to serve, and the constitutional remedy was talked about to remove him.

A silent coup means a variety of things.

Just a coup without violence in general.

The goal was to oust a democratically elected president from office because he is their political enemy.

They didn't need to depose the entire party, just depose the outsider president.

Re: The Failed Coup [Re: GromsDad] #2913962
02/15/19 05:07 PM
02/15/19 05:07 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Trump is mentally unfit to serve, and a constitutional remedy was explored to remove. It wasn't used to because are to cowardly to do what is right for the country.

Re: The Failed Coup [Re: StuAzole] #2913965
02/15/19 05:08 PM
02/15/19 05:08 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA
From what I can tell, a bunch of people worried about Trump's mental capacity sat around and discussed their options under an Amendment to the Constitution and decided not to do anything.

So does the word "planned"

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: mundus] #2913968
02/15/19 05:09 PM
02/15/19 05:09 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: mundus
Trump is mentally unfit to serve, and a constitutional remedy was explored to remove. It wasn't used to because are to cowardly to do what is right for the country.
roflmao

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: GromsDad] #2913975
02/15/19 05:12 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Sizz,

Dershowitz is a Fox News gasbag talking out of his ass. Happy now?

Last edited by sizzld1; 02/15/19 05:12 PM.

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: The Failed Coup [Re: GromsDad] #2913976
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Sizz,

Is Deshowitz the final word on the constitution? Don't forget he defended Oj.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32