REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: GDaddy] #2913600
02/14/19 10:27 PM
02/14/19 10:27 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
The existing barriers have some contributory effect when present, so there's no reason to build more barriers?

Great logic.

A smart guy like you must know about the law of diminishing returns, no?

On the same topic, we could end violence in the middle east with a bunch of nukes, but we don't. Why?

If the opposition to the wall was only about its costs the discussion would be a lot different. But that's not who the wall's opponents are nor is it what their arguments are about. Not in any way, shape or form.

That's not true.

Many (D) have said yes to more strategic fencing and other methods of better enforcing the border in the past. But nobody, not even most of Trump's supporters, have adequately explained how "the Wall" is at all necessary or cost effective.

Bock you
Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: frvcvs] #2913603
02/14/19 10:30 PM
02/14/19 10:30 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Remember how the Turtle used to scream about how Obama was an unconstitutional tyrant?

Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: StuAzole] #2913604
02/14/19 10:31 PM
02/14/19 10:31 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
I daresay a lot of wall fans DGAF about the costs, nor are they thinking in either-or terms or limiting their concerns to merely keeping illegals out.

With that said, I personally disagree with invoking an EA on this. If he can't get it done through normal channels then it shouldn't get done.

Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: GDaddy] #2913606
02/14/19 10:35 PM
02/14/19 10:35 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

I daresay a lot of wall fans DGAF about the costs, nor are they thinking in either-or terms or limiting their concerns to merely keeping illegals out.

With that said, I personally disagree with invoking an EA on this. If he can't get it done through normal channels then it shouldn't get done.

Your president doesnt give a crap. Hes a dick.

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: 1whoknows] #2913611
02/14/19 10:39 PM
02/14/19 10:39 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
He sure is. Orange Man bad.

Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: GromsDad] #2913613
02/14/19 10:41 PM
02/14/19 10:41 PM
U
Uberkuque Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Uberkuque  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
U

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Originally Posted By: hal9000
Wait, why arent the constitutional originalists upset about this? Is it only gubmint tyranny when a democrat abused executive powers?

Its just too enjoyable right now to watch your heads explode over what could even be fake news for all we know.

Grommy: Trump could ream you with a golf club, tell you it never happened ("fake news!"), and you'd walk around with a smile on your face and a 3 iron up your ass.

Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: GDaddy] #2913615
02/14/19 10:45 PM
02/14/19 10:45 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

No doubt. Well stated. Orange man bad. Orange man needs to be removed. Never meant to be president from the beginning. A PR stunt gone awry. Do any republicans have any decency? Any balls?

Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: 1whoknows] #2913617
02/14/19 10:46 PM
02/14/19 10:46 PM
In Gods Country
C
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status
CharmingSophisticate  Offline
Duke status
C

In Gods Country
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

He's pulling a Barry Obama move for sure.

You gotta give The Donald credit for sticking with the precedent set by the previous administration.

"...now tell me that wasn't fun!" Capt. Jack Aubrey
Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: CharmingSophisticate] #2913618
02/14/19 10:48 PM
02/14/19 10:48 PM
U
Uberkuque Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Uberkuque  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
U

Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate

You gotta give The Donald credit for sticking with the precedent set by the previous administration.

I don't agree. What did Obama do that's comparable to this?

Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: Uberkuque] #2913619
02/14/19 10:50 PM
02/14/19 10:50 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: Uberkuque
Originally Posted By: hal9000
Wait, why arent the constitutional originalists upset about this? Is it only gubmint tyranny when a democrat abused executive powers?

Its just too enjoyable right now to watch your heads explode over what could even be fake news for all we know.

Grommy: Trump could ream you with a golf club, tell you it never happened ("fake news!"), and you'd walk around with a smile on your face and a 3 iron up your ass.

Glad this turned out not to be fake news. Bottom line, he ran on border security. He gave the democrats and squishy repubs every opportunity to do the right thing for the American people. They refused and continued to play games. That forced him to do this. I'm glad to see a president do the right thing for the American people and actually make every attempt to follow through on the promises made to get elected.

I won't be surprised if his poll numbers go up as a result of this.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: Uberkuque] #2913620
02/14/19 10:52 PM
02/14/19 10:52 PM
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

You want a list of Obama executive orders?

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: frvcvs] #2913624
02/14/19 10:54 PM
02/14/19 10:54 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
It always amazes me that conservatives want to throw more money at failed policies like the War on Drugs, the War on Terrorism, immigration, and "nation building", but want to cut programs that have shown at least moderate degrees of success, like education, social security, infrastructure, and medicare.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: GDaddy] #2913625
02/14/19 10:55 PM
CA
R
rice Offline
Duke status
rice  Offline
Duke status
R

CA
I daresay a lot of wall fans DGAF, nor are they thinking.

Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: GromsDad] #2913626
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois

You want a list of Obama executive orders?

I don't recall you guys calling out Barry for this level of abuse of executive power.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: NATIONAL EMERGENCY!!!! [Re: 1whoknows] #2913627
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
No doubt. Well stated. Orange man bad. Orange man needs to be removed. Never meant to be president from the beginning. A PR stunt gone awry. Do any republicans have any decency? Any balls?

You mean the balls it took to tell the left to GFY?

As I see it, the problem is the right has been doing it inefficiently. Too little, too late. They're playing catch-up to the same game the left has been playing for years and in their haste they're making some unforced errors.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32