REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2912241 - 02/11/19 11:22 PM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: shiver_me_timbers]
HarryLopez Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Neck deep
What about the wealthy Faux Van Life crew migrating to Bend from CA? #fauxvanlife

The homeless set up cities out in the desert. Crazy to go through winter out there. socrazy

#2912242 - 02/11/19 11:24 PM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: shiver_me_timbers]
keenfish Offline
Duke status

Loc: Trona
Originally Posted By: shiver_me_timbers
Originally Posted By: CutnSnip
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
circumcision which is child abuse.

T

this is child abuse?

I want my foreskin back!

When I was into Taxidermy I made a wallet out of discarded foreskins.

The beauty of it was that if you rubbed it.. it would turn into a suitcase. :rimshot:

Kids! Throw them to the gorillas! ~Autoprax

#2912243 - 02/11/19 11:24 PM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: ringer]
PES78 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: San Diego
I have a 24hr membership. Use a bottle to piss in and empty at the beach in the morning. There are plenty of bathrooms that are open 24hr if you have a emergency.

#2912247 - 02/11/19 11:33 PM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: keenfish]
shiver_me_timbers Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Gig Harbor
Originally Posted By: keenfish

I want my foreskin back!

The beauty of it was that if you rubbed it.. it would turn into a suitcase. :rimshot:

roflmao so bad...

#2912253 - 02/12/19 12:04 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: keenfish]
grapedrink Online   happy
Phil Edwards status

Loc: A Beach
Originally Posted By: keenfish
Originally Posted By: CutnSnip
circumcision which is child abuse.

T

this is child abuse?

I want my foreskin back!

roflmao
Does that mean that the foreskins were from geey guys confused2 Not that there's anything wrong with that . .. .Asking for a friend computer

#2912256 - 02/12/19 12:20 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: CCKeith]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
Didnt realize Buffalo Bill was into accessorizing.

#2912263 - 02/12/19 01:00 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: obslop]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: obslop
Originally Posted By: ko25ok
Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Paskowitz also came off like a total piece of shit based on the film. Beyond me to see people glorify him.

I agree.

If you want to live like that than fine but don't bring kids into the world and subject them to that.

Really no different than circumcision, homeschooling, taking your kids to a gun range or a church. All borderline child abuse, except for circumcision which is child abuse.

Then those kids grow up and become parents and do the same to their kids.

We are all results of our parent's stupid ideas.

The lucky ones put it in their stride, the unlucky ones stay bitter for the rest of their lives.

taking your kid to a church is borderline child abuse? lol. damn mein fuhrer - that's fooking strict!

Ever heard of Jesus Camp? That's some Hitler Jugend stuff right there.

100% child abuse:

#2912265 - 02/12/19 01:15 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: manbearpig]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Paskowitz also came off like a total piece of shit based on the film. Beyond me to see people glorify him.

I agree.

If you want to live like that than fine but don't bring kids into the world and subject them to that.

Really no different than circumcision, homeschooling, taking your kids to a gun range or a church. All borderline child abuse, except for circumcision which is child abuse.

The lucky ones put it in their stride, the unlucky ones stay bitter for the rest of their lives.

Have you seen the film and noticed how people still put him up on a pedestal despite whats known?

I've seen the film and I'm not putting him on a pedestal.
What I'm saying is that surfing and traveling wasn't the worst way to grow up.

There are worse abuses that I listed above that nobody bats an eye about. (not a whataboutism smile2 )

There are so many more fvcked up things that parents do to kids that is considered normal.
I mean look at the reactions to my post. roflmao

Personally, I would prefer surfing my childhood away to going to Jesus Camp, even if it meant having to listen to my parents have sex 😟

Child abuse?

#2912311 - 02/12/19 09:13 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: RWVBWL]
ifallalot Online   sick
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: RWVBWL
Originally Posted By: Truth
Can you rent a tricked out van for a month of so at a reasonable price?
Traveling and moving this summer and need a place for a month or so - may try the "van life" to save $$

Hiya Truth,
I've seen plenty of pep's at some of L.A.'s beaches in a Jucy van,
cookin' even in kitchen in the back, this vid shows ya it's kinda cool. Down in Hawthorne I believe.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4aOp2Giss9w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link: Jucy USA
Laterz...
wave2

Ugh those fooking hats

I've seen these vans, I thought they were some rideshare nonsense.

#2912312 - 02/12/19 09:15 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: FecalFace]
ifallalot Online   sick
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA

I agree.

Have you seen the film and noticed how people still put him up on a pedestal despite whats known?

There are worse abuses that I listed above that nobody bats an eye about. (not a whataboutism smile2 )

There are so many more fvcked up things that parents do to kids that is considered normal.

Personally, I would prefer surfing my childhood away to going to Jesus Camp, even if it meant having to listen to my parents have sex &#128543;

Child abuse?

roflmao

You're insane

#2912322 - 02/12/19 09:44 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: ifallalot]
ElOgro Offline
Duke status

^^ Youre being generous.

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge

#2912326 - 02/12/19 09:50 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: ifallalot]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: ifallalot

I agree.

Personally, I would prefer surfing my childhood away to going to Jesus Camp, even if it meant having to listen to my parents have sex &#128543;

Child abuse?

roflmao

You're insane

C'mon.

Be fair.

He's just a normal, even-keeled kinda guy.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2912327 - 02/12/19 09:51 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: CCKeith]
Retropete Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Speaking of Jucy vans (and similar backpacker budget campervans) they are often in plague proportions around Noosa. The carpark for the National park is only a small one but doesn't have a limit on parking. So when there's swell parking is a major hassle.
Standard practice is to do laps of it until you get lucky and find someone who's leaving.
Super irritating to see many backpacker vans taking up spaces all day with their occupants lounging around inside since there's plenty of shade from the trees so it's not too hot.
So they go and flail around in the line ups and then chill the rest of the day.
Doing laps you can ask them, "Are you going?" and of course they shake their heads and look all smug.
Almost makes me wish they introduce paid parking like at Byron Bay. That fixed the van life lounge lizard phenomenon. Trouble is if your surfing the outer points at Noosa it's a long way back to feed a meter.

#2912348 - 02/12/19 10:48 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: FecalFace]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom

I agree.

Child abuse?

I'm not talking about the living life on the road deal with a family. There's plenty of people who choose to do that and do it right with a family. He was not one of them, his issues actually have nothing to do with where they lived.

And yes a lot of what is considered "normal" is fucked up. I don't disagree with a FEW of your points.

#2912370 - 02/12/19 11:07 AM Re: Yay San Diego is now the #1 #Vanlife destination city [Re: Retropete]
trevorbc Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: cold
Originally Posted By: Retropete
Speaking of Jucy vans (and similar backpacker budget campervans) they are often in plague proportions around Noosa. The carpark for the National park is only a small one but doesn't have a limit on parking. So when there's swell parking is a major hassle.
Standard practice is to do laps of it until you get lucky and find someone who's leaving.
Super irritating to see many backpacker vans taking up spaces all day with their occupants lounging around inside since there's plenty of shade from the trees so it's not too hot.
So they go and flail around in the line ups and then chill the rest of the day.
Doing laps you can ask them, "Are you going?" and of course they shake their heads and look all smug.
Almost makes me wish they introduce paid parking like at Byron Bay. That fixed the van life lounge lizard phenomenon. Trouble is if your surfing the outer points at Noosa it's a long way back to feed a meter.

Strange that this appears to be a world wide problem. Here in Maine the French Canadians come down in their vans and take up all the parking at the beach all summer/fall, and even spring now. This year was the first year that it seemed to reach a critical breaking point where locals were talking new ordinances. In theory I support living that type of life out of the rat race. There are just too many people on this planet.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32