REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2911574 - 02/10/19 03:26 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
Aruka Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: PNW
Another day another cobblestone pseudo point break. Took a while to get it figured out but eventually found a corner that had some fun rights. Crowded but mostly just buoys on soft tops. It's after noon and windy now so esta tiempo para cerveza beer

#2911929 - 02/11/19 01:18 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ghostshaper]
jkb Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Oceansuck
Originally Posted By: ghostshaper
Originally Posted By: jkb
Originally Posted By: silentbutdeadly
Rode bonzer at my local this morning. Couple fun ones but knee wasn't having it. Made an appt for the doct. FML. I can't seem to catch a break.

Damn, sorry to hear SBD. Getting old sucks frown

I wouldn't know because I'm still a young buck banging everything that moves.

But from what I've heard, getting old sucks.

roflmao
Just don't have a second kid. It's all down hill (old) from there.

That's lame, sbd. Sorry to hear.

So true.

After the first kid, I was like "what's everyone talking about.....this isn't that hard."

After the second kid I surf a fraction of what I once used to. Whole new ballgame bawling

#2912000 - 02/11/19 02:24 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Tell me about it. Even though I have built in surf time with preschool and my days off I still don't get in the water all the times I should be able to.

Then weekends with sports and other family activities? F me

Onshore afternoons, poor tide windows, and flat spells don't help either.

On top of that, then there's the random other stuff like ear infections and middle aged man injuries

#2912006 - 02/11/19 02:29 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ifallalot]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Flex schedule and cool wife keeps me in the water. I got lucky.

#2912140 - 02/11/19 07:13 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
Aruka Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: PNW
Bigger today and less wind. Crowd was thick mid morning and then everyone bailed and it was just me and another person or two. Three sessions and I am torched. No amount of sunscreen seems capable of protecting my gringo skin. Duckdove into the reef but thankfully my board is fine and my knuckles will heal.

#2912795 - 02/12/19 09:08 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: Aruka]
ciscojaws Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Beast Coast
44 water. Waist to chest high, decent push. Caught a few, slow to get up. Thicker booties and gloves next time. Good to get wet, however now my hip flexor is completely locked up.

#2913048 - 02/13/19 02:26 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
J_D_J Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: The OC
Originally Posted By: ghostshaper
Originally Posted By: silentbutdeadly
Rode bonzer at my local this morning. Couple fun ones but knee wasn't having it. Made an appt for the doct. FML. I can't seem to catch a break.

Damn, sorry to hear SBD. Getting old sucks frown

I wouldn't know because I'm still a young buck banging everything that moves.

But from what I've heard, getting old sucks.

roflmao
Just don't have a second kid. It's all down hill (old) from there.

That's lame, sbd. Sorry to hear.

So true.

After the first kid, I was like "what's everyone talking about.....this isn't that hard."

After the second kid I surf a fraction of what I once used to. Whole new ballgame bawling

Yep. That second kid is the one that really limits water time.

#2913082 - 02/13/19 03:14 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: J_D_J]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Thank god for my wife that's all I have to say.

Now I'm on injury two in a fairly short period. She would love for me to surf again. She knows how happy it makes me.

#2913160 - 02/13/19 05:13 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
jkb Offline
Miki Dora status

My wife is really cool as well. It's not her that keeps me from surfing.

It's the two kids (both of them younger than 4).

Colds, pre-school, babysitter schedules, kids birthday parties, work, home repairs, ect....

They're like miniature terrorists because they're constantly fvcking sh*t up and have an endless list of demands. toilet

coffee

#2913516 - 02/14/19 02:04 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Fun headhigh overhead weekend surf.

Glassy, peaky, very little wait between sets, and a crowd, but not as bad as it has been.

Friend #1 joined me but was soon lost due to the current and then he got stuck inside.

Best wave was a head-high ledging drop that went square as the wave hit the inside bar. Shoulder hopper pulled back when we saw me make the bottom turn. Thought that would snowball it, but nope, and a nice crouching highline with barrel was the payoff. Came out then cut back, bogged a little, then off to the races again, but by then it was waist high and just a speedy wall.

Took me another 15 minutes to get back out after that one though.

#2913588 - 02/14/19 05:05 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
jkb Offline
Miki Dora status

Just finished surfing Tijuana Slough.

Water tasted kinda funny.

#2913750 - 02/14/19 11:10 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
ghostshaper Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: 1134
Doheny was kind of gritty

#2914060 - Yesterday at 12:56 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ghostshaper]
Oceanslide Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Oceanside, CA
A friend posted a picture of the San Luis Rey chocolate river flowing out to S. Jetty this morning. facelick

Got wet a couple times this week, once on the new Mandala Superchunk microlight with a few fun waves,
and once on the Manta in uber frustrating small closeouts. I'm so out of surf shape...this weather needs to stop. drowning

#2914154 - Yesterday at 02:15 PM Re: ***Official 2019 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: jkb]
Maz Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Innzid
A week of exceptional cyclone swell on the east coast. "Best Ever!" was bandied about a lot.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6