REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: 1whoknows] #2911942
02/11/19 06:31 PM
02/11/19 06:31 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Make the employers pay to deport the workers. And their families, 'cause we sure wouldn't want to separate them.

You're being glib here, but why?

Because the employers aren't entitled to break the labor laws and the illegals aren't entitled to break our immigration laws. Because one way to force the compromise on immigration reform is to make both sides pay, not just one side.

Find out what jobs theyre doing and make sure youre not causing the problem.

Bullsht

I'm simply a consumer. I buy what's on the shelves, whether it was produced in a Chinese sweatshop, a Pakistani sweatshop or an American sweatshop. I don't vet the businesses I patronize for their moral virtues, nor even their politics unless they compel me to notice that.

If you're trying to screen your vendors for their moral purity I'm guessing you are probably failing at it.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911943
02/11/19 06:33 PM
02/11/19 06:33 PM
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status
1whoknows  Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Make the employers pay to deport the workers. And their families, 'cause we sure wouldn't want to separate them.

You're being glib here, but why?

Because the employers aren't entitled to break the labor laws and the illegals aren't entitled to break our immigration laws. Because one way to force the compromise on immigration reform is to make both sides pay, not just one side.

Find out what jobs theyre doing and make sure youre not causing the problem.

Bullsht

I'm simply a consumer. I buy what's on the shelves, whether it was produced in a Chinese sweatshop, a Pakistani sweatshop or an American sweatshop.
yes you are, yes you do. Youre way more a part of the problem than part of the solution. Thats for sure. We all are.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: 1whoknows] #2911944
02/11/19 06:35 PM
02/11/19 06:35 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
"you're a bitch"

It's too bad for you that I don't think that's a persuasive argument,.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911945
02/11/19 06:36 PM
02/11/19 06:36 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Hypocrisy is feature not a bug for Trumtards. I love the defenses, master businessman Trump had no idea illegals were working for him even though he well documented history of hiring them and stiffing them for pay.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911952
02/11/19 06:39 PM
02/11/19 06:39 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
If someone doesn't think, see, or feel a reaction from 'it' it intrinsically doesn't exist = no responsibility

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: heelnipstr] #2911965
02/11/19 06:54 PM
02/11/19 06:54 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: heelnipstr
If someone doesn't think, see, or feel a reaction from 'it' it intrinsically doesn't exist = no responsibility

Depends on your perspective, doesn't it? I mean, the fundamental nature of commerce is that both sides walk away from the transaction with what they consider to be a benefit. Why do the illegals who choose to work at these places do it? Not for love or altruism but because they think it's a better deal for them than not doing that work. Same with the employees in the sweat shops all over the world - their alternative to the undesirable job is an even more undesirable job or maybe even no job at all.

This includes the workers coming from the company towns to which you are referring. If they didn't want to sign up for the job then they didn't have to. When is the individual not personally responsible for the choices they make?

If you're an employer and you're paying $100/hr does that make you responsible for one of your workers deciding to take the job? If you're a customer of an auto repair shop and your mechanic is unhappy with their job is that your fault? Of course not. These adults have their own agency and there's no reason to treat them like children who are too stupid to make their own choices or to accept the responsibility for their choices.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911967
02/11/19 06:56 PM
02/11/19 06:56 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

Depends on your perspective, doesn't it? I mean, the fundamental nature of commerce is that both sides walk away from the transaction with what they consider to be a benefit. Why do the illegals who choose to work at these places do it? Not for love or altruism but because they think it's a better deal for them than not doing that work. Same with the employees in the sweat shops all over the world - their alternative to the undesirable job is an even more undesirable job or maybe even no job at all.

This includes the workers coming from the company towns to which you are referring. If they didn't want to sign up for the job then they didn't have to.

Actually, many sweat shop workers are forced to work, by parents or otherwise.

But if the parties benefit, and we as consumers benefit from lower prices, why are we trying to keep illegals out?

Bock you
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911971
02/11/19 07:01 PM
02/11/19 07:01 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Quote:

But if the parties benefit, and we as consumers benefit from lower prices, why are we trying to keep illegals out?

I know married people who are forced by their spouses to work. That's horrible. But the exploitation of those workers by the families is not my responsibility.

As for consumers, commerce is regulated by the gov't. Right or wrong, we have imposed controls on commerce, including labor laws. If we need to change those labor laws there's an app for that, and it doesn't include telling the executive branch to stop enforcing those laws on the wholesale basis.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911974
02/11/19 07:04 PM
02/11/19 07:04 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

Quote:

I know married people who are forced by their spouses to work. That's horrible. But the exploitation of those workers by the families is not my responsibility.

As for consumers, commerce is regulated by the gov't. Right or wrong, we have imposed controls on commerce, including labor laws. If we need to change those labor laws there's an app for that, and it doesn't include telling the executive branch to stop enforcing those laws on the wholesale basis.

So how do you force employers to pay for deportation? What does that mean? What if the government doesn't choose to deport (they don't always)?

Bock you
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911977
02/11/19 07:07 PM
02/11/19 07:07 PM
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status
1whoknows  Offline
Miki Dora status

"you're a bitch"

It's too bad for you that I don't think that's a persuasive argument,.

Who made that argument?

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911980
02/11/19 07:10 PM
02/11/19 07:10 PM
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status
1whoknows  Offline
Miki Dora status

Ive never seen a data driven article that described how or to what level undocumented workers are a negative for the US economy or for US citizens overall.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911981
02/11/19 07:11 PM
02/11/19 07:11 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
IRL they probably won't deport. Or fine the employers; or at least not fine them enough to leave a mark. That's how this charade has lasted as long as it has.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2912008
02/11/19 07:36 PM
02/11/19 07:36 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal

This includes the workers coming from the company towns to which you are referring. If they didn't want to sign up for the job then they didn't have to. When is the individual not personally responsible for the choices they make?

If you're an employer and you're paying $100/hr does that make you responsible for one of your workers deciding to take the job? If you're a customer of an auto repair shop and your mechanic is unhappy with their job is that your fault? Of course not. These adults have their own agency and there's no reason to treat them like children who are too stupid to make their own choices or to accept the responsibility for their choices.

everyone has a perspective and if you consider that personal view more legitimate than social norms...

current social norms say institutionalized abuse is bad. Ideally both parties are 50/50, equals in power/freedom and can walk away if they don't like the relationship. In the real world the relationship is more complicated than that, not black and white.

Funny how so many issues come back to world veiw, simple concepts or nuanced and complicated. Also why are the those who defend the simple view insist so strongly their understanding is the only way, not so different than religious zealots.

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: heelnipstr] #2912016
02/11/19 07:47 PM
02/11/19 07:47 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
You shouldn't kid yourself that it's only those with the "simple view" who think their understanding is the only way.

I mean, what's more simple than "muh feelz"?

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2912026
02/11/19 08:01 PM
02/11/19 08:01 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
You shouldn't kid yourself that it's only those with the "simple view" who think their understanding is the only way.

I mean, what's more simple than "muh feelz"?

or one could say, what is more complicated than feelz?

they come and go w/o reason, strong and overwhelming or weak and fleeting.
can't touch them nor can anyone actually experience how someone else is feeling, just expressions they may have. People off themselves over them or go to great lengths to avoid them beer or have more of them

what could possibly be more complicated roflmao

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32