REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: everysurfr] #2912111
02/11/19 10:29 PM
02/11/19 10:29 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

Originally Posted By: everysurfr
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Now excuse me while I throw rocks over the wall into the playground. Maybe there is a kid I'm going to kill, maybe there isn't. I just don't know.

But you are all good with that, right? Less Groms in the line-up after all.

Why can't you answer my questions?

What if a baby is miscarried at 8 weeks, 2 weeks after a heartbeat? Autopsy? Investigation? Forced burial?

If a 6 month old dies, an investigation follows. If a fetus is a person, will there be miscarriage investigations? If a 6 month old is given vodka in her and dies, an investigation and charges would follow. If a mother drinks vodka and then miscarries, will investigation follow?

It's a silly question. A death under a doctor's care doesn't require autopsy. Will there be miscarriage investigations? Maybe if "foul play" is suspected. The law is already, if you assault a pregnant mom, and the baby dies, you get charged with murder.

Your questions are for a lawyer, not a surfing carpenter.

How much can you really care about a 6-week old fetus if you're not willing to investigate their death in the same manner as a 6 month old child?

Bock you
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: sizzld1] #2912124
02/11/19 11:22 PM
02/11/19 11:22 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Why are conserBBatives so terrible at analogies?

"To be a master of metaphor," Aristotle wrote in his Poetics, "is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius."

We all know what we hate.

We just don't know what we want.

Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: StuAzole] #2912162
02/12/19 01:17 AM
02/12/19 01:17 AM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Offline
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Offline
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
Now excuse me while I throw rocks over the wall into the playground. Maybe there is a kid I'm going to kill, maybe there isn't. I just don't know.

What if a baby is miscarried at 8 weeks, 2 weeks after a heartbeat? Autopsy? Investigation? Forced burial?

If a 6 month old dies, an investigation follows. If a fetus is a person, will there be miscarriage investigations? If a 6 month old is given vodka in her and dies, an investigation and charges would follow. If a mother drinks vodka and then miscarries, will investigation follow?

It's a silly question. A death under a doctor's care doesn't require autopsy. Will there be miscarriage investigations? Maybe if "foul play" is suspected. The law is already, if you assault a pregnant mom, and the baby dies, you get charged with murder.

How much can you really care about a 6-week old fetus if you're not willing to investigate their death in the same manner as a 6 month old child?

You are being intentionally awkward. Carpenters aren't willing to investigate much of anything. It's not my place to make rules. I asked the difficult question of when a baby is alive. I think you shouldn't kill anything until you know.

Beyond that I don't have much of an opinion. Yea , I know, who would have thought...

*** You are ignoring this user ***
That is why I hate them for their stupidity. They were so close to greatness and squandered it.
https://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2934578&page=3
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: StuAzole] #2912177
02/12/19 01:31 AM
02/12/19 01:31 AM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house
Since you dipshits messed up the abortion topic, let me try again with a different title.

There are bills out there that would protect human life starting at conception.

So how do you police these pregnancies, particularly in the first 12 weeks or so?

Do you have to bury every miscarried "person"?

Will a criminal investigation be required for every "person" who doesn't make it to term?

Will doctors be required to report the end of pregnancies to the authorities?

These laws will go nowhere. The people advocating for them are doing so to get the votes of the morons that keep them in power.

All of your questions are superfluous.

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: everysurfr] #2912185
02/12/19 01:41 AM
02/12/19 01:41 AM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point

You are being intentionally awkward. Carpenters aren't willing to investigate much of anything. It's not my place to make rules. I asked the difficult question of when a baby is alive. I think you shouldn't kill anything until you know.

Beyond that I don't have much of an opinion. Yea , I know, who would have thought...

There are problems with your diction. You are using words that don't accurately describe reality.

As such, I think you have fallen victim of your own framing effect.

It happens to the best of us.

Thank god you are not making policy.

That is being reserved the experts in goverment.

Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: Duffy] #2913090
02/13/19 08:23 PM
02/13/19 08:23 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

Originally Posted By: Duffy
Since you dipshits messed up the abortion topic, let me try again with a different title.

There are bills out there that would protect human life starting at conception.

So how do you police these pregnancies, particularly in the first 12 weeks or so?

Do you have to bury every miscarried "person"?

Will a criminal investigation be required for every "person" who doesn't make it to term?

Will doctors be required to report the end of pregnancies to the authorities?

These laws will go nowhere. The people advocating for them are doing so to get the votes of the morons that keep them in power.

All of your questions are superfluous.

Wanna bet?

https://www.wane.com/news/national-world...ture/1773788939

All of my questions are relevant.

But let me ask one more - what's the moral hazard with aborting early-stage fetuses? The fetus isn't aware that it's being aborted and the only person likely to grieve over the loss is the one making the choice to abort.

Bock you
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: everysurfr] #2913098
02/13/19 08:35 PM
02/13/19 08:35 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
How do you enforce? Same as any law. If a doctor says , "i do second trimenter abortions", lock him up.

Before an abortion, use heart monitor. You do your best.

An amnio is done around 16 to 20 weeks, well into the second trimester. So if genetic abnormalities and/or other defects are detected, you'd take abortion off the table?

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: StuAzole] #2913104
02/13/19 08:53 PM
02/13/19 08:53 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
He will raise the baby for the person who would prefer to kill her lamo kid.

Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: StuAzole] #2913121
02/13/19 09:15 PM
02/13/19 09:15 PM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Offline
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Offline
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
I have a friend with a downs syndrome kid. While it is work, the kid has a good life. He has as much right to life as I do.

If the kid has a disease that will end their life, then let nature take its course.

Do you want to kill the handicapped? Is that what you are proposing?

The pro choice folks say it's a right to privacy that lets a woman control her own body. I think that right applies to babies too. Now, if anyone knows when a group of cells isn't a baby, go for it. But so far, nobody has that answer.

That is why I hate them for their stupidity. They were so close to greatness and squandered it.
https://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2934578&page=3
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: everysurfr] #2913127
02/13/19 09:17 PM
02/13/19 09:17 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
I have a friend with a downs syndrome kid. While it is work, the kid has a good life. He has as much right to life as I do.

If the kid has a disease that will end their life, then let nature take its course.

The pro choice folks say it's a right to privacy that lets a woman control her own body. I think that right applies to babies too. Now, if anyone knows when a group of cells isn't a baby, go for it. But so far, nobody has that answer.

So even if a child has no chance of life, you'd make the mother go through the entire pregnancy? That's fucked up. crazy2

Russ Meyer
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: everysurfr] #2913130
02/13/19 09:23 PM
02/13/19 09:23 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

What's wrong with ending a life early in the pregnancy?

Nobody will ever know him. He'll never know he was aborted. What's the driver behind your "every life must live" thought?

Bock you
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: StuAzole] #2913136
02/13/19 09:34 PM
02/13/19 09:34 PM
Santa Barbara County
E
everysurfr Offline
Michael Peterson status
everysurfr  Offline
Michael Peterson status
E

Santa Barbara County
I don't make anyone do anything. Life sucks, then you die. Yea, the baby got delt a shitty hand.

There are lots of people with cancer in hospice. They suffer then they die. They have no chance at life either. Same rules apply. Everybody gets to live until they can't.

You are arguing the outlier. Let's talk about the majority of abortions.

The baby is healthy and in its second to third month. It has little arms and legs. If nobody interfered, that little guy would live for 80 years. Have tons of friends, maybe get married and have their own kids. Maybe a dog or two. Has a job that is tolerable, but the weekends are free to play frisbee on the beach.

And the mom got pregnant because a condom didn't feel good, or couldn't count days, or got drunk and thought some looser looked cute.

So are you willing to cheat the baby out of 80 years, so the mom's boobs don't sag, and she can still party?

Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: everysurfr] #2913142
02/13/19 09:38 PM
02/13/19 09:38 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

I don't make anyone do anything. Life sucks, then you die. Yea, the baby got delt a shitty hand.

There are lots of people with cancer in hospice. They suffer then they die. They have no chance at life either. Same rules apply. Everybody gets to live until they can't.

The baby is healthy and in its second to third month. It has little arms and legs. If nobody interfered, that little guy would live for 80 years. Have tons of friends, maybe get married and have their own kids. Maybe a dog or two. Has a job that is tolerable, but the weekends are free to play frisbee on the beach.

And the mom got pregnant because a condom didn't feel good, or couldn't count days, or got drunk and thought some looser looked cute.

So are you willing to cheat the baby out of 80 years, so the mom's boobs don't sag, and she can still party?

Yes.

The baby isn't a person yet at that stage. No real brain activity to speak of yet, no personality, no friends, no family. In fact, it may still be miscarried. What ethical mandate compels us to let that baby live? Nobody but perhaps the mother herself will miss him. It's possible that nobody even knows he exists. He certainly won't know what's going on.

Bock you
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: everysurfr] #2913145
02/13/19 09:44 PM
02/13/19 09:44 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar

Most second trimester abortions are the result of complications. First trimester you're correct. However, if you want to reduce abortions, increase education and provide contraception for free/cheap.

With the latter part of your post, think about how many lives you prematurely aborted by getting a bummer or doing a little coitus interruptus like our good friend Onan. Yeah, supposedly God killed him for that.

Russ Meyer
Re: Embryonic Life Protection [Re: everysurfr] #2913146
02/13/19 09:45 PM
02/13/19 09:45 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

And on the hospice front, I'm fine with assisted suicide.

It's weird to me that we're ok euthanizing pets who have no say but not people who do.

Bock you
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32