REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2911822 - 02/11/19 07:28 AM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: GromsDad]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
No, my New job doesn’t use these programs.

#2911841 - 02/11/19 08:49 AM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: FecalFace]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
If you're serious about getting a Mac, do some research about Autocad and Macs.

It maybe an ancient history now but I remember something about it being a PC only thingy.

May be totally wrong as I know nothing about Autocad but still.

Good luck.

(Also, Apple has a student program)

Autocad is still PC only and there's no good Mac alternative. We deal with this problem all the time

#2912054 - 02/11/19 03:49 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
000 Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Thanks for help all. Ended up putting photoshop on my regular computer and will do same for CAD. Seems to be fine so far. I’ll save my cash for a larger screen computer.

hey i use my tv as a monitor. its really easy and will save u $$

#2912056 - 02/11/19 03:55 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: 000]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Interesting. Not a bad Idea, I'll give it a shot. Although minor mistakes kill me on this tiny screen, can't imagine seeing them on the big screen roflmao

#2912060 - 02/11/19 03:58 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Just make sure it's not 1080p, your photos and Autocad files will look like shit

#2912067 - 02/11/19 04:05 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
unless you need a large screen with you in class just buy a larger stand alone monitor and attach it to your laptop. 23" monitors are $200 now.

cannot speak about Autocad but you can install Parallels on a Mac and that program allows you to access a windows based operating system from your Mac - this is how I access quickbooks (PC version) on my Mac.
Just a man and his will to survive

#2912314 - 02/12/19 09:20 AM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: obslop]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: obslop
unless you need a large screen with you in class just buy a larger stand alone monitor and attach it to your laptop. 23" monitors are $200 now.

cannot speak about Autocad but you can install Parallels on a Mac and that program allows you to access a windows based operating system from your Mac - this is how I access quickbooks (PC version) on my Mac.

You can also just use Bootcamp to install a Windows partition on your Mac. You can't run them at the same time but it's free and included in OSX

#2912347 - 02/12/19 10:44 AM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

I'll probably keep it simple with the Windows computer. Knowing me doing that will cause it to implode.

#2912360 - 02/12/19 11:01 AM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: FecalFace]
brukuns Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Sao Paulo/Brazil
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
I always have a feeling that RAM is a conspiracy pyramid scheme.

I keep maxing out every machine I ever get but the difference in performance is never that noticeable.

I'm sure if you put it on the bench it would show improvement but it's never palpable.

More memory won't get your computer to run faster since the apps will use the memory they need, they have no use for extra memory. The problem is when you have a bottleneck and the computer needs more memory than you have available. It will freeze every thing you do. More memory is specially important for multitasking, hopefully you will have a multi-thread processor to match.

4GB is just not enough today. As soon as I turn on my mac, just by opening google chrome I'm already using almost 6GB. 4GB is not enough even for the most basic PC functions nowadays.

I'm happy with 16GB knowing that I'm sorta prepared for the near future (each new version of most apps use more and more memory)

#2912657 - 02/12/19 05:19 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: obslop]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: obslop

If you use Photoshop, care about your work and make more than memes,you will need to spend more than a $200 on a monitor.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32