REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2911588 - 02/10/19 03:47 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
I can't believe you actually responded to that. foreheadslap hah

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2911628 - 02/10/19 04:38 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: manbearpig

Computer related- my Microsoft has given me problems since day one. If it's not plugged in it lags and the screen freezes; seems like everything still works behind the frozen screen. If I close the screen and reopen its fine. I've explained the issue to Microsoft and even left it with them, but nothing fixed it. Anyone know any fixes for that?

Okay since you asked, I have a solution for you.

are you ready?

Here it comes...

GET A MAC wink2

#2911640 - 02/10/19 05:13 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: FecalFace]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
ahaha I was waiting for that one. I've had them in the past, never really got the rage over them. Maybe I'll give them a go again for the next.

#2911674 - 02/10/19 06:18 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

If you're serious about getting a Mac, do some research about Autocad and Macs.

It maybe an ancient history now but I remember something about it being a PC only thingy.

May be totally wrong as I know nothing about Autocad but still.

Good luck.

(Also, Apple has a student program)

#2911686 - 02/10/19 06:39 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: FecalFace]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Ah that could be a deal breaker. For my work AutoCad is pretty important. But I'll look into it.

#2911703 - 02/10/19 07:03 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
000 Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Yeah I'll give it a shot with my current laptop, thought the Lenovo would be as simple as clear everything off it. I get student discounts on all this shit, which is a massive plus.

Computer related- my Microsoft has given me problems since day one. If it's not plugged in it lags and the screen freezes; seems like everything still works behind the frozen screen. If I close the screen and reopen its fine. I've explained the issue to Microsoft and even left it with them, but nothing fixed it. Anyone know any fixes for that?

re-install windows 7
if u dont have a disk u can download the files to put on a usb drive
might have to go into bios to change boot order
u probably already know about the windows sticker and number on it...

#2911753 - 02/10/19 09:43 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: 000]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Yeah, I'll give that a shot the Microsoft is on Windows 10. I'd be surprised if Microsoft didn't do that when I brought it to them but its worth a shot.

#2911754 - 02/10/19 09:49 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

a new (hard) drive

or

new memory?

I doubt you don't have enough disk space already to run the program

RAM, on the other hand...

#2911758 - 02/10/19 09:56 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
flyinraptr Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Hacienda Iguana, Nicaragua
I would use 8gb ram as your minimum -> 16gb or more optimum.

#2911760 - 02/10/19 09:57 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: afoaf]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

I always have a feeling that RAM is a conspiracy pyramid scheme.

I keep maxing out every machine I ever get but the difference in performance is never that noticeable.

I'm sure if you put it on the bench it would show improvement but it's never palpable.

#2911785 - 02/10/19 11:39 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Thanks for help all. Ended up putting photoshop on my regular computer and will do same for CAD. Seems to be fine so far. Ill save my cash for a larger screen computer.

#2911788 - 02/10/19 11:42 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
everysurfr Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Santa Barbara County
Unless there is a way to actually run AutoCad through a virtual machine ( I've heard there is, but I'm not sure) AutoCAD is only windows based. ( unless the did a version I don't know about.

I'm still drawing the 2004 Architectural Edition, on a XP computer, and it works fine. Unless you are doing 3d photorealistic rendering, it doesn't take that much of a computer. Especially if you are using LT.

It's a stupidly expensive program, and all the upgrades don't change the output that much. If you are going to work for a large firm, then Revit might be needed. But for just drawing, it isn't.

I don't know anything about Photoshop, so I can't help you there.

#2911789 - 02/10/19 11:44 PM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: everysurfr]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Yeah I need Autocad for a class so no way to substitute other programs. I think I get it free as I am a student, yet again.

#2911810 - 02/11/19 04:20 AM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
everysurfr Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Santa Barbara County
Twin monitors are really nice. One for all the tools, and one for the workspace.

#2911816 - 02/11/19 05:50 AM Re: Noble People of the Errb- Computer Question [Re: manbearpig]
GromsDad Online   content
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Shouldn't new job supply you with the appropriate computer and software?
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32