REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL #2910961
02/08/19 10:57 PM
02/08/19 10:57 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-undocumented-immigrants-trump-20190208-story.html

The brightly painted homes that line the road in Santa Teresa de Cajon, many paid for by wages earned 4,000 miles away, are the fruits of a long-running pipeline of illegal workers to the president's course, one that carried far more than a few unauthorized employees who slipped through the cracks.

Soon after Trump broke ground at Bedminster in 2002 with a golden shovel, this village emerged as a wellspring of low-paid labor for the private club, which charges tens of thousands of dollars to join. Over the years, dozens of workers from Costa Rica went north to fill jobs as groundskeepers, housekeepers and dishwashers at Bedminster, former employees said. The club hired others from El Salvador, Mexico and Guatemala who spoke to The Post. Many ended up in the blue-collar borough of Bound Brook, New Jersey, piling into vans before dawn to head to the course each morning.

Their descriptions of Bedminster's long reliance on illegal workers are bolstered by a newly obtained police report showing that the club's head of security was told in 2011 about an employee suspected of using false identification papers - the first known documentation of a warning to the Trump Organization about the legal status of a worker.

Other supervisors received similar flags over the years, including Bedminster's general manager, who was told by a worker from Ecuador several years ago that she entered the country illegally, the employee said.

Bock you
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2910968
02/08/19 11:06 PM
02/08/19 11:06 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Let's deport them. Tomorrow. And slap big fines on the companies involved to discourage them from ever doing it again.

Gotta send a message. Or two.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2910972
02/08/19 11:19 PM
02/08/19 11:19 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Let's deport them. Tomorrow. And slap big fines on the companies involved to discourage them from ever doing it again.

How should we punish the heads of the offending companies? Do they get to plead ignorance as they laugh their way to the bank?

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2910976
02/08/19 11:26 PM
02/08/19 11:26 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

I assume they are supermodel illegals

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: sizzld1] #2910983
02/08/19 11:37 PM
02/08/19 11:37 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: sizzld1

How should we punish the heads of the offending companies? Do they get to plead ignorance as they laugh their way to the bank?
Sentence them to life - if you can. I never like the suits or rich people to begin with.

#sowhat
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2910984
02/08/19 11:40 PM
02/08/19 11:40 PM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
1whoknows  Online Content
Miki Dora status

You must grow your own produce

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911010
02/09/19 12:53 AM
02/09/19 12:53 AM
In Gods Country
C
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status
CharmingSophisticate  Offline
Duke status
C

In Gods Country
Trumps giving jobs to the needy and you're whining about it?

"...now tell me that wasn't fun!" Capt. Jack Aubrey
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911027
02/09/19 01:47 AM
02/09/19 01:47 AM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted By: sizzld1

Sentence them to life - if you can. I never like the suits or rich people to begin with.

I think a million bucks per infraction is also fair for them and levied on such a way they can't weasel out via corporate bankruptcy.

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911028
02/09/19 01:48 AM
02/09/19 01:48 AM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Make the employers pay to deport the workers. And their families, 'cause we sure wouldn't want to separate them.

#sowhat
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911072
02/09/19 06:12 AM
02/09/19 06:12 AM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status

Make the employers pay to deport the workers. And their families, 'cause we sure wouldn't want to separate them.

YOU DONT GET IT. YOURE THE EMPLOYER

The truth will be revealed in time
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911885
02/11/19 05:07 PM
02/11/19 05:07 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

You're being glib here, but why?

Bock you
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911893
02/11/19 05:23 PM
02/11/19 05:23 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Hiring from certain towns is what many companies do. They have more control of the workers and the workers have little recourse when they get screwed. If they leave or complain or make trouble the company can also penalize their family back home. Serfdom is alive and well.

But they are just brown people who happen to be losers so they get what they get, and we get cheap labor w/o any responsibility. aint that right G-dudes

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911934
02/11/19 06:25 PM
02/11/19 06:25 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: StuAzole

Because the employers aren't entitled to break the labor laws and the illegals aren't entitled to break our immigration laws. Because one way to force the compromise on immigration reform is to make both sides pay, not just one side.

I notice nobody is shedding any tears about deporting that RHONF husband back to Italy after he gets released from prison. Nor should they. I had a friend who was an illegal from AUS many years ago. The U.S. deported him and broke his family up. Had the gov't done that in a more timely manner before he had kids here there would have been no family to break up.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911936
02/11/19 06:27 PM
02/11/19 06:27 PM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status

Because the employers aren't entitled to break the labor laws and the illegals aren't entitled to break our immigration laws. Because one way to force the compromise on immigration reform is to make both sides pay, not just one side.

Find out what jobs theyre doing and make sure youre not causing the problem.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911941
02/11/19 06:30 PM
02/11/19 06:30 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

Expand. What does it mean to pay for deportation?

In many cases, even if you're caught, just being here illegally won't get you deported. How would you force this issue? And do you want to deport illegals who are working if it takes up time and resources related to deportation of illegals who may be more dangerous?

Bock you
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: 1whoknows] #2911942
02/11/19 06:31 PM
02/11/19 06:31 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

Bullsht

I'm simply a consumer. I buy what's on the shelves, whether it was produced in a Chinese sweatshop, a Pakistani sweatshop or an American sweatshop. I don't vet the businesses I patronize for their moral virtues, nor even their politics unless they compel me to notice that.

If you're trying to screen your vendors for their moral purity I'm guessing you are probably failing at it.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911943
02/11/19 06:33 PM
02/11/19 06:33 PM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status

Bullsht

I'm simply a consumer. I buy what's on the shelves, whether it was produced in a Chinese sweatshop, a Pakistani sweatshop or an American sweatshop.
yes you are, yes you do. Youre way more a part of the problem than part of the solution. Thats for sure. We all are.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: 1whoknows] #2911944
02/11/19 06:35 PM
02/11/19 06:35 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
"you're a bitch"

It's too bad for you that I don't think that's a persuasive argument,.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911945
02/11/19 06:36 PM
02/11/19 06:36 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Hypocrisy is feature not a bug for Trumtards. I love the defenses, master businessman Trump had no idea illegals were working for him even though he well documented history of hiring them and stiffing them for pay.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911952
02/11/19 06:39 PM
02/11/19 06:39 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
If someone doesn't think, see, or feel a reaction from 'it' it intrinsically doesn't exist = no responsibility

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: heelnipstr] #2911965
02/11/19 06:54 PM
02/11/19 06:54 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: heelnipstr
If someone doesn't think, see, or feel a reaction from 'it' it intrinsically doesn't exist = no responsibility

Depends on your perspective, doesn't it? I mean, the fundamental nature of commerce is that both sides walk away from the transaction with what they consider to be a benefit. Why do the illegals who choose to work at these places do it? Not for love or altruism but because they think it's a better deal for them than not doing that work. Same with the employees in the sweat shops all over the world - their alternative to the undesirable job is an even more undesirable job or maybe even no job at all.

This includes the workers coming from the company towns to which you are referring. If they didn't want to sign up for the job then they didn't have to. When is the individual not personally responsible for the choices they make?

If you're an employer and you're paying $100/hr does that make you responsible for one of your workers deciding to take the job? If you're a customer of an auto repair shop and your mechanic is unhappy with their job is that your fault? Of course not. These adults have their own agency and there's no reason to treat them like children who are too stupid to make their own choices or to accept the responsibility for their choices.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911967
02/11/19 06:56 PM
02/11/19 06:56 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

Depends on your perspective, doesn't it? I mean, the fundamental nature of commerce is that both sides walk away from the transaction with what they consider to be a benefit. Why do the illegals who choose to work at these places do it? Not for love or altruism but because they think it's a better deal for them than not doing that work. Same with the employees in the sweat shops all over the world - their alternative to the undesirable job is an even more undesirable job or maybe even no job at all.

This includes the workers coming from the company towns to which you are referring. If they didn't want to sign up for the job then they didn't have to.

Actually, many sweat shop workers are forced to work, by parents or otherwise.

But if the parties benefit, and we as consumers benefit from lower prices, why are we trying to keep illegals out?

Bock you
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911971
02/11/19 07:01 PM
02/11/19 07:01 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Quote:

But if the parties benefit, and we as consumers benefit from lower prices, why are we trying to keep illegals out?

I know married people who are forced by their spouses to work. That's horrible. But the exploitation of those workers by the families is not my responsibility.

As for consumers, commerce is regulated by the gov't. Right or wrong, we have imposed controls on commerce, including labor laws. If we need to change those labor laws there's an app for that, and it doesn't include telling the executive branch to stop enforcing those laws on the wholesale basis.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911974
02/11/19 07:04 PM
02/11/19 07:04 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

Quote:

I know married people who are forced by their spouses to work. That's horrible. But the exploitation of those workers by the families is not my responsibility.

As for consumers, commerce is regulated by the gov't. Right or wrong, we have imposed controls on commerce, including labor laws. If we need to change those labor laws there's an app for that, and it doesn't include telling the executive branch to stop enforcing those laws on the wholesale basis.

So how do you force employers to pay for deportation? What does that mean? What if the government doesn't choose to deport (they don't always)?

Bock you
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911977
02/11/19 07:07 PM
02/11/19 07:07 PM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status

"you're a bitch"

It's too bad for you that I don't think that's a persuasive argument,.

Who made that argument?

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2911980
02/11/19 07:10 PM
02/11/19 07:10 PM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status

Ive never seen a data driven article that described how or to what level undocumented workers are a negative for the US economy or for US citizens overall.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2911981
02/11/19 07:11 PM
02/11/19 07:11 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
IRL they probably won't deport. Or fine the employers; or at least not fine them enough to leave a mark. That's how this charade has lasted as long as it has.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2912008
02/11/19 07:36 PM
02/11/19 07:36 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal

This includes the workers coming from the company towns to which you are referring. If they didn't want to sign up for the job then they didn't have to. When is the individual not personally responsible for the choices they make?

If you're an employer and you're paying $100/hr does that make you responsible for one of your workers deciding to take the job? If you're a customer of an auto repair shop and your mechanic is unhappy with their job is that your fault? Of course not. These adults have their own agency and there's no reason to treat them like children who are too stupid to make their own choices or to accept the responsibility for their choices.

everyone has a perspective and if you consider that personal view more legitimate than social norms...

current social norms say institutionalized abuse is bad. Ideally both parties are 50/50, equals in power/freedom and can walk away if they don't like the relationship. In the real world the relationship is more complicated than that, not black and white.

Funny how so many issues come back to world veiw, simple concepts or nuanced and complicated. Also why are the those who defend the simple view insist so strongly their understanding is the only way, not so different than religious zealots.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: heelnipstr] #2912016
02/11/19 07:47 PM
02/11/19 07:47 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
You shouldn't kid yourself that it's only those with the "simple view" who think their understanding is the only way.

I mean, what's more simple than "muh feelz"?

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2912026
02/11/19 08:01 PM
02/11/19 08:01 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
You shouldn't kid yourself that it's only those with the "simple view" who think their understanding is the only way.

I mean, what's more simple than "muh feelz"?

or one could say, what is more complicated than feelz?

they come and go w/o reason, strong and overwhelming or weak and fleeting.
can't touch them nor can anyone actually experience how someone else is feeling, just expressions they may have. People off themselves over them or go to great lengths to avoid them beer or have more of them

what could possibly be more complicated roflmao

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: heelnipstr] #2912032
02/11/19 08:05 PM
02/11/19 08:05 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Regardless, the singular view isn't just limited to one side of the passion vs reason spectrum.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: 1whoknows] #2912058
02/11/19 08:57 PM
02/11/19 08:57 PM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status

Ive never seen a data driven article that described how or to what level undocumented workers are a negative for the US economy or for US citizens overall.

GDaddy, youre on. Given the emergency at the border, the relevant articles shouldnt be too hard to find.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2912068
02/11/19 09:09 PM
02/11/19 09:09 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
If I'm citing data my preference is going to the source, not to someone's interpretation of the data.

So for example, if I want to see what effect the demographics have on a school's performance I look at the census info around that school. If I want to find out the demographics in a prison or the demographics of that portion of the birthrate that's paid by Medi-Cal/Medicare then I look to see if that information is being published - which sometimes it isn't due to political reasons. Etc, etc.

I know what I do see in the stats as reported at the source, but you guys usually attack those comments with the Swedish argument, which is that it's immoral to even consider the question or to look for the data.

In the meantime, we still have immigration policies and laws as well as labor laws, as well as an established legislative process to change those as per the preferences of the electorate. That much isn't subject to debate.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: GDaddy] #2912160
02/12/19 12:59 AM
02/12/19 12:59 AM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status

Weak sauce.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: heelnipstr] #2912164
02/12/19 01:20 AM
02/12/19 01:20 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Hiring from certain towns is what many companies do. They have more control of the workers and the workers have little recourse when they get screwed. If they leave or complain or make trouble the company can also penalize their family back home. Serfdom is alive and well.

But they are just brown people who happen to be losers so they get what they get, and we get cheap labor w/o any responsibility. aint that right G-dudes

Guess whos in favor of perpetuating this sitch

Hint: not bad orange man

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: BillyOcean] #2912186
02/12/19 01:42 AM
02/12/19 01:42 AM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean

Guess whos in favor of perpetuating this sitch

Hint: not bad orange man

it seems I don't need to guess you didn't read the op article.
idiot

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2912190
02/12/19 01:45 AM
02/12/19 01:45 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Always with the insults

Modern slavery is your jam baby

No one elses problem

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: BillyOcean] #2912192
02/12/19 01:50 AM
02/12/19 01:50 AM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Always with the insults

Modern slavery is your jam baby

No one elses problem

yes because your blather is an insult. I don't expect much but jez, try.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2912194
02/12/19 01:51 AM
02/12/19 01:51 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Why do you support modern slavery?

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: BillyOcean] #2912197
02/12/19 01:54 AM
02/12/19 01:54 AM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Why do you support modern slavery?
rolleyes shrug
is the correct answer because I am a neoliberal trying to make as much money as I can because that's what I do?

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2912200
02/12/19 02:00 AM
02/12/19 02:00 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Slave drivers bring these slaves across the border for fees

What if there were something, like a barrier, that put them out of business

Surely an empathic man of the people would support such a thing, right?

ban

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: BillyOcean] #2912203
02/12/19 02:06 AM
02/12/19 02:06 AM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Slave drivers bring these slaves across the border for fees

What if there were something, like a barrier, that put them out of business

Surely an empathic man of the people would support such a thing, right?

ban

they might dig a tunnel or they would just find a different way.

what if we as a nation stopped creating some of the problems in their own countries for these people to make the journey.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2912204
02/12/19 02:18 AM
02/12/19 02:18 AM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
What if we did both?

#sowhat
Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: BillyOcean] #2912225
02/12/19 03:41 AM
02/12/19 03:41 AM
1whoknows Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status

Modern slavery

This is very stupid. Slaves try to escape FROM, not TO their place of employment.
Barriers are used to keep slaves IN. You and idiot boy are wanting to (ineffectively and unnecessarily) keep families OUT.

If you want to assist your fellow Mexican hater, please help him find some evidence that illegal immigration has a negative effect on our economy or society in general.

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: StuAzole] #2912271
02/12/19 10:23 AM
02/12/19 10:23 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Rasis!

Re: An Entire Town of Illegals Working for Trump LOL [Re: BillyOcean] #2912331
02/12/19 03:17 PM