REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2910946 - 02/08/19 05:23 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: sizzld1]
JEwing Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Carlsbad, California USA
Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Originally Posted By: JEwing
I actually witnessed real man-made climate change when California required pollution control on all automobiles. Finally, I could see the side of the freeway while driving through Lawndale on the 405. (True story)

You clearly don't understand how that RUINED everyone's life. Ask Billy and ifall. Or just wait for Surfdog to show up and rant about China and India. cookin

Yeah, like I've spent 68 years in a bubble... not. It sucks for us Americans because of all those developing nations are going to continue to develop even after the good old USA goes green.

#2910948 - 02/08/19 05:24 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: JEwing]
GromsDad Online   content
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
I actually witnessed real man-made climate change when California required pollution control on all automobiles. Finally, I could see the side of the freeway while driving through Lawndale on the 405. (True story)

Pollution and climate change are two completely different things. Pollution is very real and something we can all reach common ground on for the common good. Climate change is a hoax/fraud political tool to try and manipulate people into accepting government controls over their lives and wealth transfers from the haves to the have nots via the UN in the name of an imaginary calamity.

If you really care about the environment you should abandon any talk of climate and put your focus on things like pollution where we can find common ground.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2910949 - 02/08/19 05:27 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: BillyOcean]
sizzld1 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Here
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
Things arent ruined because wacko enviro types are fringe

But their ideas are becoming litmus tests for a major party

Which sort of kneecaps that party

Which is why I dont get why they are being so stupid

Who's being stupid? rolleyes

#2910950 - 02/08/19 05:29 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: GromsDad]
sizzld1 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: GromsDad

Pollution and climate change are two completely different things. Pollution is very real and something we can all reach common ground on for the common good. Climate change is a hoax/fraud political tool to try and manipulate people into accepting government controls over their lives and wealth transfers from the haves to the have nots via the UN in the name of an imaginary calamity.

If you really care about the environment you should abandon any talk of climate and put your focus on things like pollution where we can find common ground.

You don't get to pretend that you care about pollution when you vote for and support politicians who do everything in their power to allow it to continue and get worse. Period. stfu stfd

You really want to argue who is better on that issue? socrazy

#2910952 - 02/08/19 05:34 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: BillyOcean]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
shrug Why ask why? There are proximate threats and there are distant threats. Prioritizing the one that's right in front of your face is a much easier sell. And isn't that what you need when it comes to politics?

#2910953 - 02/08/19 05:35 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: sizzld1]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
Catalytic converters that came out in the 70's reduced ozone and particulates from auto emissions. This led to a HUGE improvement in local LA basin air quality.

But did nothing to reduce CO2 emissions.

Big difference between reducing actual pollution and reducing CO2.

We as humans only add 1% to maybe 2% max (in good economic times) of the earths own CO2 emissions from natural sources.

But, somehow that's now the biggest threat to mankind survival in the next 12 years.

We must fight it with all our might, no matter the cost. rolleyes

This is what it's like fighting AGW.....

via GIPHY

#2910957 - 02/08/19 05:48 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: GromsDad]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Loc: The Bar

Did it ever occur to you that the contaminants responsible for pollution and those impacting climate are not mutually exclusive?

Russ Meyer

#2910958 - 02/08/19 05:51 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: Kento]
GromsDad Online   content
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted By: Kento

Did it ever occur to you that the contaminants responsible for pollution and those impacting climate are not mutually exclusive?

Look. You lefties can take my advice or not but I can assure you that you would accomplish far more by focusing on where there is common ground and abandoning the hoax scare tactics regarding the weather.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2910959 - 02/08/19 05:53 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: BillyOcean]
sizzld1 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Right, environmental regulations like the advent of the Clean Air Act had nothing to do with it Surfdog. foreheadslap

https://www.kcet.org/history-society/how-los-angeles-began-to-put-its-smoggy-days-behind

#2910960 - 02/08/19 05:54 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: GromsDad]
sizzld1 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Look. You lefties can take my advice or not but I can assure you that you would accomplish far more by focusing on where there is common ground and abandoning the hoax scare tactics regarding the weather.

Stop using FAKE environmentalism as a shield. You don't give a fvck. It's part of your party's platform. Own it.

#2910963 - 02/08/19 05:58 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: GromsDad]
StuAzole Online   content
Tom Curren status

For example, but encouraging more coal and fossil fuel use, by loosening environmental regulations and rolling back gas mileage requirements!

#2910965 - 02/08/19 06:00 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: GromsDad]
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: LA
You lefties can take my advice or not

#2910966 - 02/08/19 06:04 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: BillyOcean]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
I would say the Harvard CAPS / Harris Poll leans right, but in their 2019 topline summary they have this:

#2910969 - 02/08/19 06:06 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: GromsDad]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom

Holy shit, pure comedy roflmao roflmao roflmao

#2910974 - 02/08/19 06:23 PM Re: How big of a problem is climate change and other enviro-religion panicky things to the average person? [Re: GDaddy]
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
I would say the Harvard CAPS / Harris Poll leans right, but in their 2019 topline summary they have this:

Exactly

Its about as big of a concern to the average person as maybe their toast being a little too burnt in the morning

So totally go ahead a run on a platform of taking away cars and heat to combat that

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32