REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
View All Topics Index
#2908967 - 02/05/19 01:10 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: bruddahkine]
laidback Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: NOC
Originally Posted By: bruddahkine
Originally Posted By: shiver_me_timbers
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Originally Posted By: Duffy
So this guy just walked up to this poor, innocent, super humble and respectful child and punched him for no reason?
roflmao

my thoughts exactly. While you can't break a kid's jaw, I'm wondering what the kid did.

Really? A 12 year old kid has his jaw broken by a guy with neck tats and you're "wondering what the kid did"?

You're saying this dude just walked up to him and broke his jaw?
Just a random act?

#2908971 - 02/05/19 01:13 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: youcantbeserious]
bruddahkine Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: youcantbeserious
So this guy just walked up to this poor, innocent, super humble and respectful child and punched him for no reason?

If someone can't control themselves against a 12 year old child, they really belong in jail. There is nothing a 12 year old could say or do to me that would elicit a punch hard enough to break his jaw in two places.

Exactly.

In this case it sounds like young Rafi stepped up to a situation where many others would have cowered. That's "what he did". Maui groms are as tough as they come.

#2908972 - 02/05/19 01:14 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: laidback]
bruddahkine Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: laidback
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
roflmao

my thoughts exactly. While you can't break a kid's jaw, I'm wondering what the kid did.

Really? A 12 year old kid has his jaw broken by a guy with neck tats and you're "wondering what the kid did"?

You're saying this dude just walked up to him and broke his jaw?
Just a random act?

Where did I say that?

#2908978 - 02/05/19 01:27 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: Kaser1]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Old man sends 12 yo kid to the hospital and Duffy and iFall wonder what the kid did wrong. Classic.

#2908981 - 02/05/19 01:35 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: Kaser1]
000 Offline
Duke status

wonder what happened to start that conflict over

man fust feel extra manly after beating up a 60 pound kid

#2908983 - 02/05/19 01:38 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: Kaser1]
mundus Offline
Michael Peterson status

I am gonna guess the dude was either involved with or stalking the mom.

#2908984 - 02/05/19 01:39 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: Kaser1]
shiver_me_timbers Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Gig Harbor
easy guys... we've all seen groms being shitheads in the lineup. Not saying this kid was acting poorly, but it happens quite often. I think most of us want to know the full story, what lead up to the assault? Why did the man hit the kid?

Should we start a betting pool on what happens to this guy once he's out of jail?

#2908985 - 02/05/19 01:43 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: Kaser1]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Anyone have a link to the news story? Or are we going to play the surfer bullshit where those in "the know" vaguely refer to the version of the story they heard without laying the whole story out fo everyone?

#2908989 - 02/05/19 01:46 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: youcantbeserious]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Your moms house

If someone can't control themselves against a 12 year old child, they really belong in jail. There is nothing a 12 year old could say or do to me that would elicit a punch hard enough to break his jaw in two places.

I didnt say the kid deserved it.

- The Wasp

#2908990 - 02/05/19 01:47 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: bruddahkine]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

If you don't know anything about the situation, maybe it's better to just shut up until you find out more information.

Everything I know about this kid is that he IS a good kid. It sounds like the situation was a difficult one that was unrelated to surfing, and as far as I have heard the kid is to be commended for stepping into a heavy situation and he took a shot that would have sent any of us to the hospital. fook that guy for punching a kid for any reason, but in this case he's gonna face some serious consequences.

Or, if I dont know anything about a situation I ask questions so that I can learn more about it.

Whats wrong with that?

- The Wasp

#2908991 - 02/05/19 01:49 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: StuAzole]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Old man sends 12 yo kid to the hospital and Duffy and iFall wonder what the kid did wrong. Classic.

No. Im wondering what happened.

So, what happened?

Jesus, you guys are a bunch of fooking idiots.

- The Wasp

#2908992 - 02/05/19 01:50 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: bruddahkine]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

So what happened?

- The Wasp

#2908993 - 02/05/19 01:52 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: shiver_me_timbers]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

easy guys... we've all seen groms being shitheads in the lineup. Not saying this kid was acting poorly, but it happens quite often. I think most of us want to know the full story, what lead up to the assault? Why did the man hit the kid?

Should we start a betting pool on what happens to this guy once he's out of jail?

Dude, you dont know anything so just shut up. That what you should do whenever you dont know something. You should just shut up, because well, because....you just should.

Asshole.

- The Wasp

#2908995 - 02/05/19 01:53 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: bruddahkine]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

Exactly.

In this case it sounds like young Rafi stepped up to a situation where many others would have cowered. That's "what he did". Maui groms are as tough as they come.

What situation?

- The Wasp

#2908997 - 02/05/19 01:54 PM Re: Guy punches 12 y/o Maui surf grom star, breaks jaw in 2. Island justice coming... [Re: Duffy]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Its pretty obvious that a kid wouldn't deserve getting his jaw broken by an adult with neck tats 99% of the time, but there's gotta be more to the story

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32