REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2909085 - 02/05/19 03:55 PM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: keenfish]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted By: keenfish
Even though I live in Trona.....

Surely you jest.

Edit:

Ah, someone else wondered too.

For other who want to know more about Trona, click me.

If you're a rockhound, you probably already know about Trona, but in not, Gem-O-Rama might tickle your giblets.

Edited by Mr Doof (02/05/19 04:04 PM)

#2909156 - 02/05/19 05:17 PM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Rickoray]
Waterlogged05 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Damn thanks for this thread, saved me on a slow day at work.
what I want to know is...why were they drinking BUD ICE!?

#2909158 - 02/05/19 05:35 PM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Waterlogged05]
shakajawea Offline
Grom

Originally Posted By: Waterlogged05

maybe thats what killed them

#2909182 - 02/05/19 06:04 PM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Waterlogged05]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: Waterlogged05

Bud Ice (along with Pete's Wicked Ale, Molson, etc.) practically passed for craft beer back in the mid-90s.

Hey, at least it wasn't Zima.

Russ Meyer

#2909854 - 02/07/19 12:13 AM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Kento]
Leaverite Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Central Cal
Stupidity.

And a bunch of really good maps.

The USA does not patrol it's borders everywhere,,,,,

#2909886 - 02/07/19 02:37 AM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: QuadFin]
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: QuadFin
Originally Posted By: Racer1
Originally Posted By: QuadFin
Originally Posted By: Racer1
I wonder if they never found the children's bones because the parents buried them?

I been there. Estaba muy caliente!!! Ground is very hard with many rock, impossible digging with hands, and in heat? Es imposible.

That's what I thought, but Mahood mentions something about a 4x4 post and a prospector pile with some bottles on it. There's no way it's a prospector pile out there and the bottles might have been a shrine? I don't know. Sounded odd to be where it was and would explain no kids bones.

Yes, many random bury sites out there from original days of wagons. No mark on maps. We fond one hiking across valley. Small stone with small pile rocks. I think because heat, and where digging for gold. Read history book. Amazing place.

Yeah, I get the prospecting history and that there were bury sites all over the valley (hence Death Valley name), but this location was waaaaay off the beaten path of wagons and prospectors.

#2909888 - 02/07/19 03:56 AM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Racer1]
Leaverite Offline
Michael Peterson status

This location was the China Lake Naval weapons range. A million miles from nowhere.

#2909889 - 02/07/19 04:00 AM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Leaverite]
Leaverite Offline
Michael Peterson status

After finding their abandoned car. It took almost 20 years to track down their remains.

#2910000 - 02/07/19 12:08 PM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Leaverite]
Witchipoo Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: East of Malibu
After reading that, I am NEVER going to Death Valley again. I have friends who are always talking about checking out Barker Ranch, Ballarat and China Lake (or whichever facility Jack Parsons allegedly left grafitti at), but I can't help picturing . . . not-happy outcomes if something goes wrong.

My cousins lived in Trona when I was a kid, and my family used to go out there for Christmas and Thanksgiving. I thought Death Valley was a magical playground, but now . . . shocked2

#2910007 - 02/07/19 12:11 PM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Rickoray]
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Location Location
They're German, nothing's going to make sense.

#2910487 - 02/07/19 11:18 PM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Witchipoo]
Havoc4k Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: in da hood next to paradise
Originally Posted By: Witchipoo
After reading that, I am NEVER going to Death Valley again. I have friends who are always talking about checking out Barker Ranch, Ballarat and China Lake (or whichever facility Jack Parsons allegedly left grafitti at), but I can't help picturing . . . not-happy outcomes if something goes wrong.

My cousins lived in Trona when I was a kid, and my family used to go out there for Christmas and Thanksgiving. I thought Death Valley was a magical playground, but now . . . shocked2

its an amazng place if u r prepared and have a good reliable 4x4. we used to go in summer to avoid the crowds lol. if i quit surfing, all i'd do would be backcountry camping and exploring in dv and elsewhere.

I think Tomo is with firewire for more than just money. He helped them developed the LFT tech. I think he sincerely believes in the tech -deforest

I think the USA "made in america" board builders "marketing" gimmick falls more inline with a cult than the firewire following -deforest

#2911818 - 02/11/19 06:28 AM Re: The mystery of the Death Valley Germans [Re: Rickoray]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted By: Rickoray
For those who remember the DVGerman thread... this video just popped up on YouTube for me to watch... it looks to be published late in 2018...

A long read but worth it imo

Journal entries of the searchers link below

http://www.otherhand.org/home-page/search-and-rescue/the-hunt-for-the-death-valley-germans/

Crazy story.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32