REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2908785 - 02/04/19 11:43 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: youcantbeserious]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Your mom’s house
Originally Posted By: youcantbeserious
Shoots! Maybe when I pick one up we can paddle, if we involve ______ it will be an 18 mile survival mission.

I borrowed one last week (14 foot Commander) and went about 4 miles on it. Wasn’t too bad.

18 would be a stretch... crazy2

- The Wasp

#2908807 - 02/05/19 01:21 AM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Duffy]
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status

Some paddle boyz!
Right on!

I used to have a Joe Bark. Got if from a Malibu loc, Johnny Nation. Prone or knee paddle it.
Some of ya who have read my lil' posts here on Thee erbb might know that I'm from L.A.
F**kin' L.A. Luv it hate it, what~ever, there's some bitchin' people here in this great city, ya know?

I would sometimes paddle that Bark from Bay St,
where DogTown has it's roots, down to Venice Pier, back to SM Pier, back to thee ol' surf~shop.
5 or so miles, fun sheee~it.

Got rid of that paddle board, got a sit~on~top kayak,
have paddled every mile of thee L.A. Bay. F**k callin' it Santa Monica's Bay, it's L.A.'s Bay!!!
From Rat Beach to that buoy that's 1 mile or so off PV, allll along L.A.'s coastine, Leo up to Magu/Tit Rock, what ever's ya wanna call it+back? Trancas to Leo+back? Pt. Dume to SM Pier? Malibu Pier to SM Pier? Topanga to Pt. Dume+back: 28 miles? Some here might dig paddlin' thee Venice Canals to MDR Breakwall to SM Pier + back? Latigo to Big Dume+back, fun/pretty. Sunset to thee DWP ground cables 1 mile off~shore to Topanga + back? Sunset to SM Pier at night + back? 10 miles out, 10 miles back to shore at 180/185° before the sun sets in January? Sure. Usually by myself. Not gone to Catalina yet, no, not leave from PV, but from the beaches of SM/Venice, still a few by L.A. adventures to have before I die. Be fun to meet a few of ya who wanna paddle L.A., take you on an adventure maybe. Or you boyz can take me on 1 here in L.A.

Watch out for sharks though,
you are just splashin'/flappin' around on thee surface of the water, ya know?
They say that shark attacks are rare, you have a greater chance of bein' struck by lightning, yada~yada~yada. But if you are thee only dude{s} out there in thee ocean miles from shore? You are just like a bug in an aquarium, dig? Bet that your lil' pet fish will eat any bug in your aquarium if ya toss 1 in there, watch it doggie~paddle, get attacked, bitten, eaten. Be care~full what~ever ya paddle out there...
shark

A lil' edit, ok?
For you who paddle:

I kinda like these 2 images below, I have never shared them online before.
A coupla dudes out early, before work, sooo glassy, warm. Time for a paddle.
That's a nice Joe Bark, no?

+
Hahaha.

These dudes had no clue, what had just happened behind them. Junior is playing. Or hunting?
I've heard the sound many times, you'll obviously hear thee splash, but they did not look, would you?
I pre~focused my Canon dslr, hoped it would happen, it did. Bitchin', hard to get photograph of this lil' sharks breach in that split second of air~time. But that said, where is Big Momma or Daddy,
for you know that they live out there 24/7 too, right? So ah, how far ya wanna paddle?
shark
jam_on

Edited by RWVBWL (02/05/19 02:50 AM)

#2908818 - 02/05/19 03:09 AM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Duffy]
20W-50 and blood Online   mad
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: Duffy
Shoots! Maybe when I pick one up we can paddle, if we involve ______ it will be an 18 mile survival mission.

I borrowed one last week (14 foot Commander) and went about 4 miles on it. Wasn’t too bad.

i liek teh thought of 18....furthest ive gone so far is 14....but im game for eighteen...just gotta get a little more water time....this last month has been a B1tch

#2909179 - 02/05/19 06:02 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Duffy]
sh3 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Man... walk away for a few days and miss a ton. I'm on here only sporadically. In any event, Cold Hands is March 2. The infamous JP will likely be there, as well as lurker Max Power.

March 2 - let's do it.

See you there, Vato. For those that don't know me, as 20W which skinny white guy I am. My name is Steve, btw.

#2909185 - 02/05/19 06:09 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: sh3]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
Mountain Biking is More Fun ! Steve wave2

#2909194 - 02/05/19 06:29 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: 20W-50 and blood]
toddo Online   content
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: 20W-50 and blood

i liek teh thought of 18....furthest ive gone so far is 14....but im game for eighteen...just gotta get a little more water time....this last month has been a B1tch

18's are are handful to paddle if you haven't put in the hours on them, and can be more effort to get them to work well than a stock or 14.

#2909197 - 02/05/19 06:39 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Greg Griffin]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: Greg Griffin
Mountain Biking is More Fun ! Steve wave2

I ride a mountain bike.

I also surf.

Both are fun.

Staying in shape for catching more waves makes surfing even more fun.

- The Wasp

#2909202 - 02/05/19 06:57 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Duffy]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
In 2 hours , how much is spent having Fun ?

Surfing vs. Mountain biking

#2909203 - 02/05/19 07:01 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Greg Griffin]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

Mountain bike: I ride up hill for 1:45, suffering the whole way, and get to the bottom in :15.

Surfing: love every second of it. Paddling out, getting worked, riding waves...

- The Wasp

#2909259 - 02/05/19 10:46 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: toddo]
20W-50 and blood Online   mad
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: toddo

18's are are handful to paddle if you haven't put in the hours on them, and can be more effort to get them to work well than a stock or 14.

meant miles.....ill paddle anything. looks liek ill be borrowing astock for a month.....sink factor!

#2909291 - 02/06/19 12:20 AM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Duffy]
_____ Offline
Miki Dora status

You've got me by 10 lbs or so and my 12' ST Commander Pro Elite is easily my favorite over a custom Bark 12 and two 18' boards I had previously (I don't race, first ever race was a catastrophe, and also do it for fun and fitness). I went to a local shop and asked the guy if if he'd trade my 20 Franklins cash out the door for the new Commander and it was a done deal. It's about 4 years later and I've forgotten about the money and still love that board.

#2909295 - 02/06/19 01:02 AM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Duffy]
shiver_me_timbers Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Gig Harbor
Just go to the darkside, get a downwind SUP. Then you can see the sharks better.
I like my Star Board All-Star 14'

#2909306 - 02/06/19 05:59 AM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: 20W-50 and blood]
toddo Online   content
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: toddo

meant miles.....ill paddle anything. looks liek ill be borrowing astock for a month.....sink factor!

haha i skim read that totally wrong!

#2911173 - 02/09/19 12:04 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Duffy]
sh3 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

FYI:

Joe's website has a used board marketplace. There's a 14' ST Commander in there...

https://www.joebark.com/used-board-marketplace/

It's AST, meaning it's the "more durable" (read: heavier) construction. Great for touring if you're not a racer. If you are a new racer, a perfect board too. [experienced racers will want a lighter board for the bump]

#2911176 - 02/09/19 12:07 PM Re: Prone Paddleboard Question [Re: Duffy]
sh3 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Mountain bike: I ride up hill for 1:45, suffering the whole way, and get to the bottom in :15.

Surfing: love every second of it. Paddling out, getting worked, riding waves...

HAHAHAHA!!! Welcome to Romero Canyon.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >