REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: ifallalot] #2903278
01/24/19 08:07 PM
01/24/19 08:07 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Impressive. Still trying to blame the MAGA kids because they have hats on that you don't like
Still trying to turn them into saints because MAGA, deplorable.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: frvcvs] #2903280
01/24/19 08:08 PM
01/24/19 08:08 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA
You know how effective editing is

Watch the longer video to see the "Black Israelite" taunting.

There were tons of Covington kids, they should have physically attacked the Black Israelites based on what those fools were saying to them. Remember, it's ok to punch racists, right?

What the MAGA kids did was commendable based on their age and the size of their mob.

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: frvcvs] #2903283
01/24/19 08:11 PM
01/24/19 08:11 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
Plain and simple those kids were acting like hooligans at a pep-rally taunting their opposition. The Black Israelites were surely saying provocative things, thats what they do. Thats what they've always done. That's their right. They are total kooks. But where was the adult supervision for these kids? Why was there no chaperones or teachers with them in a school sanctioned trip telling them not to engage such kooks? If you have to blame anyone thats who's at fault here. These kids flat out embarrassed their school and their community. Sandman claims he was trying to deescalate the situation by standing in Philips face. Maybe he was but it sure doesn't seem that way. A much better way to deescalate a situation would be to turn his back to Philips and try to calm down his classmates who were acting like Hooligans and get them to back down. From experience if your friend is about to get in a fight you rarely deescalate a situation by engaging the other guy. You get in your friend's face and tell him to back down and drag him out of the situation if necessary.

You can't cheat an honest man. Phillips literally walked into the toe-to-toe with the kid.

#sowhat
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: frvcvs] #2903289
01/24/19 08:19 PM
01/24/19 08:19 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
Impressive. Still trying to blame the MAGA kids because they have hats on that you don't like
'

Where did I say a word about their hats in that post? socrazy

Watch the video and tell me where the adult supervision is. Tell me how the Israelites are taunting these poor innocent kids while they silently pray...

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/312330750" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/312330750">1 of 4 - Indigenous Peoples March #MAGAyouth, Nathan Phillips and others</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user89009180">Indian Country Today</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

all i see in that video is a lot of free speech. i am confused as to why anyone is bothered by that.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: frvcvs] #2903293
01/24/19 08:23 PM
01/24/19 08:23 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
Plain and simple those kids were acting like hooligans at a pep-rally taunting their opposition. The Black Israelites were surely saying provocative things, thats what they do. Thats what they've always done. That's their right. They are total kooks. But where was the adult supervision for these kids? Why was there no chaperones or teachers with them in a school sanctioned trip telling them not to engage such kooks? If you have to blame anyone thats who's at fault here. These kids flat out embarrassed their school and their community. Sandman claims he was trying to deescalate the situation by standing in Philips face. Maybe he was but it sure doesn't seem that way. A much better way to deescalate a situation would be to turn his back to Philips and try to calm down his classmates who were acting like Hooligans and get them to back down. From experience if your friend is about to get in a fight you rarely deescalate a situation by engaging the other guy. You get in your friend's face and tell him to back down and drag him out of the situation if necessary.

turning your back on someone that just approached you is disrespectful and unsafe.

seemed like a frat vibe watching the kids and their chants; none of it appeared racist to me.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: ifallalot] #2903295
01/24/19 08:25 PM
01/24/19 08:25 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

There were tons of Covington kids, they should have physically attacked the Black Israelites based on what those fools were saying to them. Remember, it's ok to punch racists, right?

What the MAGA kids did was commendable based on their age and the size of their mob.

That video is unedited. Again, read my post. I already acknowledged that the isrealites suck. I've seen them all my life in Times Square saying dumb provocative sh!t on their soapboxes. That is their constitutional right. If you were there adult chaperone on a trip would you encourage or allow such behavior? Or would you tell them the israelites were kooks and they shouldn't engage them and move along?

"Milk tits rule!" - Bonzer5Fin

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: obslop] #2903297
01/24/19 08:27 PM
01/24/19 08:27 PM
done
G
GWS Offline
Duke status
GWS  Offline
Duke status
G

done
Originally Posted By: obslop
'

Watch the video and tell me where the adult supervision is. Tell me how the Israelites are taunting these poor innocent kids while they silently pray...

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/312330750" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/312330750">1 of 4 - Indigenous Peoples March #MAGAyouth, Nathan Phillips and others</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/user89009180">Indian Country Today</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

all i see in that video is a lot of free speech. i am confused as to why anyone is bothered by that.

Not that long ago an occurrence like that wouldn't rate ANY news coverage.

Now, you would think Kent State just went down.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: frvcvs] #2903300
01/24/19 08:32 PM
01/24/19 08:32 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA

That video is unedited. Again, read my post. I already acknowledged that the isrealites suck. I've seen them all my life in Times Square saying dumb provocative sh!t on their soapboxes. That is their constitutional right. If you were there adult chaperone on a trip would you encourage or allow such behavior? Or would you tell them the israelites were kooks and they shouldn't engage them and move along?

nah. free speech begets free speech. if you want to take a public area and speak, you may well be spoken back at. that's all the native american guy did as well albeit through his drum and chanting.

they all spoke. no one was injured; no laws were broken.

the more i think about it i cannot help but conclude that the level of attention and outrage mustered on all sides evidences a broken society which has completely lost its mind as to what is acceptable speech in a public setting.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: GWS] #2903320
01/24/19 09:24 PM
01/24/19 09:24 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: GWS
'

Not that long ago an occurrence like that wouldn't rate ANY news coverage.

Now, you would think Kent State just went down.

For profit news is not such a good thing.

We all know what we hate.

We just don't know what we want.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: Autoprax] #2903329
01/24/19 09:36 PM
01/24/19 09:36 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA
News has always been for-profit

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: obslop] #2903340
01/24/19 09:42 PM
01/24/19 09:42 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

nah. free speech begets free speech. if you want to take a public area and speak, you may well be spoken back at. that's all the native american guy did as well albeit through his drum and chanting.

I don't disagree with that. Again, right or wrong if you were an adult chaperoning this group of minors on school trip would you allow them to engage in such confrontation and behavior?

they all spoke. no one was injured; no laws were broken.

Which I think we can all agree is a good thing.

the more i think about it i cannot help but conclude that the level of attention and outrage mustered on all sides evidences a broken society which has completely lost its mind as to what is acceptable speech in a public setting.

Agreed. cheers

I agree that the initial viral reaction and the news coverage that followed was blown way out of proportion due to our political climate. The only thing I disagree with at this point is how the right has elevated these kids to the point where Sandman is being invited to the whitehouse. All I saw in that video was a whole lot of wrong from just about every angle.

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: ifallalot] #2903341
01/24/19 09:43 PM
01/24/19 09:43 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

LOL, yes, they're HEROES.

It's possible for more than one player in a game to suck. In this game, all 3 players sucked.

Why were they there in the first place?

Did the videos of them heckling women not make it to your screen?

What about the kid who thought it cool to tell us, quite randomly, that it's not rape if you enjoy it?

https://www.indy100.com/article/covingto...emorial-8741736

Yeah, some quality heroes there.

Last edited by StuAzole; 01/24/19 09:43 PM.

Bock you
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2903352
01/24/19 09:59 PM
01/24/19 09:59 PM
F
frvcvs Offline
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline
Duke status
F

Originally Posted By: StuAzole

It's possible for more than one player in a game to suck. In this game, all 3 players sucked.

What about the kid who thought it cool to tell us, quite randomly, that it's not rape if you enjoy it?

Sounds like commendable proud boi behavior to me, ya think these kids know their breakfast cereals?

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2903354
01/24/19 10:07 PM
01/24/19 10:07 PM
S
StuAzole Offline OP
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline OP
Tom Curren status
S

What's weird about this thread is that for the most part, everyone seems to agree that there wasn't really any racist shit here, just a few different groups being obnoxious to each other. Why is it then that the more conservative folks feel the need to defend the MAGA kids so hard?

I guess it's true - while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake.

Bock you
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: frvcvs] #2903356
01/24/19 10:09 PM
01/24/19 10:09 PM
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Originally Posted By: StuAzole

Sounds like commendable proud boi behavior to me, ya think these kids know their breakfast cereals?

That's exactly what I though when I watched that last video. Proud Boi incels in training.

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32