REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Please Attend My Pity Party [Re: Witchipoo] #2901742
01/21/19 04:20 PM
01/21/19 04:20 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Right shoulder pain could be gall bladder or liver issues.

We all know what we hate.

We just don't know what we want.

Re: Please Attend My Pity Party [Re: Autoprax] #2902038
01/22/19 03:16 AM
01/22/19 03:16 AM
East of Malibu
W
Witchipoo Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Witchipoo  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
W

East of Malibu
I think my shoulder, and the entire left side of my body, was already fucked up before the cancer, and that the surgery just put the finishing touches on it. You may have noticed that in the pictures Randy posted, I'm usually in this weird position where I'm crouching on one knee. That's because my left leg, hip, and lower back are just . . . wrong. When I pop up like a normal person, my left foot drags and I end up back in the crouch and have to get up from there. This has been going on for like nineteen years. I think I hurt it when I was a teenager and it never really recovered. I also walk with a limp when I'm tired, so there's definitely something not right.

Anyway, I'm doing PT every day, and I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow where I'm going to beg for an MRI. This stuff has made me surf crappy for years but it wasn't until I couldn't surf at all that I got motivated to do something about it . . .

. . . and your little dog, too!
Re: Please Attend My Pity Party [Re: Witchipoo] #2902042
01/22/19 03:33 AM
01/22/19 03:33 AM
Hacienda Iguana, Nicaragua
F
flyinraptr Offline
Michael Peterson status
flyinraptr  Offline
Michael Peterson status
F

Hacienda Iguana, Nicaragua
Mucho respect for your attitude with what you've had to deal with. I hope you find a way to get back in the water and enjoy some waves pain free. It may not relate but i'd thought i'd throw it out there - suffered a whiplash type injury on a pretty big day. I came off the lip going backside and did a 10' free fall and didn't get my arms out in front in time. I hit the trough face first and it felt like concrete - immediately got what felt like an electrical shock through my shoulder and arm. Long story short - i spent a lot of time and effort trying to rehab my shoulder - over 10 months - nothing seemed to work. While doing some research online came across some articles describing how shoulder injuries can be symptomatic of neck injuries. So started researching self help articles on neck injuries and came across some routine neck exercises. After a month of incorporating the neck exercises in my daily yoga/stretch routine - my shoulder is pain free. We had planned on a trip back to the US - this month and while there i was going to pick up a shoulder compression sleeve that i could wear while surfing, but because of the results from the neck exercises - decided i didn't need it.

Re: Please Attend My Pity Party [Re: Witchipoo] #2943421
04/17/19 10:50 PM
04/17/19 10:50 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Hey, it has been a while.

What did the MRI show/what did the docs say?

Got more range of motion now?

See a PT yet?

Been back in that water at all?

You don't have to answer, but be nice to have an update.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32