REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: GDaddy] #2901822
01/21/19 06:27 PM
01/21/19 06:27 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Adult learners at the lower 15% of the learning curve are going to be at a critical disadvantage in any lineup that has more than 2 or 3 surfers.

The professional women get their waves on boards that might max out at 25 liters in volume. This coach has obviously never been there and will probably never get there. The surfer in the vid might be able to progress to boards that small someday, but there's no way it's happening by 2020.

Wondering what is a learning curve and where do you fall on this thing?

Also how many liters are you riding these days?

These markers you use are to be used to determine what validity your judgements have. Thanks in advance.

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: heelnipstr] #2901829
01/21/19 06:36 PM
01/21/19 06:36 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: heelnipstr
Adult learners at the lower 15% of the learning curve are going to be at a critical disadvantage in any lineup that has more than 2 or 3 surfers.

The professional women get their waves on boards that might max out at 25 liters in volume. This coach has obviously never been there and will probably never get there. The surfer in the vid might be able to progress to boards that small someday, but there's no way it's happening by 2020.

These markers you use are to be used to determine what validity your judgements have. Thanks in advance.

I'm not making the complaints this person is making or cracking wise about coaching an adult noob into competitive surfing. . I know where I am in the lineup and I'm just happy to be there and to get what I can get. As do most surfers. She's not being criticized for being a kook, she's being criticized for being clueless. And wrong.

For instance, i wouldn't even paddle a "shortboard" out in longboard conditions and then complain about being unable to get a wave from the longboarders. That's as clueless as it gets. I wouldn't pop up in Santa Cruz and complain about not getting a wave in a competitive lineup filled with locals who understand that wave way better than I ever will.

#sowhat
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: GDaddy] #2901831
01/21/19 06:38 PM
01/21/19 06:38 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal

I'm not making the complaints this person is making or cracking wise about coaching an adult noob into competitive surfing. . I know where I am in the lineup and I'm just happy to be there and to get what I can get. As do most surfers. She's not being criticized for being a kook, she's being criticized for being clueless. And wrong.

For instance, i wouldn't even paddle a "shortboard" out in longboard conditions and then complain about being unable to get a wave from the longboarders. That's as clueless as it gets. I wouldn't pop up in Santa Cruz and complain about not getting a wave in a competitive lineup filled with locals who understand that wave way better than I ever will.

that's cool and all but we are looking for objective indicators here not opinions. Or in other words just answer the questions please.

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: GDaddy] #2901832
01/21/19 06:39 PM
01/21/19 06:39 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
C

Petak Island

I wonder what percent is racism and what percent Rhonda told her is racism?

I also find it interesting that the aggression is felt even before she enters the water.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2901833
01/21/19 06:41 PM
01/21/19 06:41 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
I've got 25+ years on that coach and I surf smaller boards than she surfs.

#sowhat
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: heelnipstr] #2901834
01/21/19 06:42 PM
01/21/19 06:42 PM
Petak Island
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

Petak Island

that's cool and all but we are looking for objective indicators here not opinions. Or in other words just answer the questions please.

"How many liters are you riding?"

lol

Funny how up until shaping machines came about # of liters was irrelevant.

Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: GDaddy] #2901835
01/21/19 06:43 PM
01/21/19 06:43 PM
Petak Island
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

Petak Island
I've got 25+ years on that coach and I surf smaller boards than she surfs.

Dude, but how many liters are you on???????!

Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: heelnipstr] #2901843
01/21/19 06:54 PM
01/21/19 06:54 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad

This is the only performance-style board I own at this point, and it's more of an alt-design. 6.2 x 20, about 37L. Then again, I'm over 60 so I've obviously got much smaller boards in my history. Even so, there's no way either of those women are getting a wave on a board this size.

And like I said, I'd never even open my mouth about being unable to compete for waves because I know better. Most surfers know better.

#sowhat
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2901872
01/21/19 07:19 PM
01/21/19 07:19 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

So being unable to catch 2 ft waves on a midlength is Olympic qualifying?

Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2901873
01/21/19 07:20 PM
01/21/19 07:20 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Also, Ive never seen a surf coach before

Are most of them fat?

Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: BillyOcean] #2901880
01/21/19 07:25 PM
01/21/19 07:25 PM
Petak Island
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean

Are most of them fat?

Have you seen PT lately? He's 3rd trimester.

Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: BillyOcean] #2901891
01/21/19 07:45 PM
01/21/19 07:45 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean

Are most of them fat?

roflmao roflmao roflmao

This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2901892
01/21/19 07:47 PM
01/21/19 07:47 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

"How many liters are you riding?"

lol

Funny how up until shaping machines came about # of liters was irrelevant.

SoCal HPSB. around 32-34
And if someone would explain what this objective learning curve is I might be able to give some made up %tile.
But remember We are not competing here.

Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2901897
01/21/19 07:54 PM
01/21/19 07:54 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
I handshape. And make my own fins. So I probably look at boards a bit differently than you do. Sue me.

#sowhat
Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2901907
01/21/19 08:27 PM
01/21/19 08:27 PM
Yosemite
O
Oakleys_N_Zinka Offline
Michael Peterson status
Oakleys_N_Zinka  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

Yosemite
Microaggression gimme a break. Surfing is filled with tons of regular sized aggressions toward all people. This shit is just a term people use to validate their own cognitive distortions.

Nobody puts Bodhi in the corner.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32