REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2901734 - 01/21/19 11:10 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: rts265]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: rts265

theres a picture of a 'white male' paddling in the foreground while she waits for a wave

The white male isn't wearing a wetsuit in the chilly January conditions of the South Bay.

Thus, it exhibits chestbeating toxic masculinity.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2901737 - 01/21/19 11:12 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: rts265]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
her coach needs to correct her paddling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUZ89sXhpJY

Oh good Lord. I've been surfing my whole life and if I paddled out at Steamer Lane I'd have ZERO expectations let alone if I were someone who hasn't yet figured out how to catch a wave. Photographs lie. Video can't hide the kookieness. They should go find an empty beach break for a couple of years until they figure out the basics.
“This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves,” Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it.”

#2901738 - 01/21/19 11:15 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: GromsDad]
GWS Offline
Duke status

Loc: done

#2901740 - 01/21/19 11:19 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: rts265]
SBSteve Offline
Miki Dora status

This Olympic surfing deal is going to be interesting.
A kook teaching a Senegalese girl how to surf so she can participate in the 2020 games?
Ummmm... OK
Kind of like the Jamaican bobsled team or Eddie the Eagle.
It'll be entertaining to say the least. banghead
Kind' sick of the non-event at Venice Pier too.

#2901743 - 01/21/19 11:23 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
mundus Offline
Michael Peterson status

I bet Ronda is getting paid out of this somehow.

#2901747 - 01/21/19 11:32 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
bluengreen Offline
Grom

Loc: SF x Encinitas
Black people experience racism in all spaces, so it doesn't surprise me that this woman gets it in the water. That being said, she is one step above kook, so some of the aggression is probably due to that. If she ripped, it would probably only be the occasional racist asshole she has to deal with (or so thinks this white man).

#2901754 - 01/21/19 11:45 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: bluengreen]
bigsurfer67 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Originally Posted By: bluengreen
Black people experience racism in all spaces, so it doesn't surprise me that this woman gets it in the water. That being said, she is one step above kook, so some of the aggression is probably due to that. If she ripped, it would probably only be the occasional racist asshole she has to deal with (or so thinks this white man).

Agree with the above...have been surfing over 30 years...only have seen a black surfer at my local So. Cal spot a few times...NEVER a black female surfer.

#2901756 - 01/21/19 11:46 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: mundus]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: mundus
I bet Ronda is getting paid out of this somehow.

Soros dancing

#2901758 - 01/21/19 11:49 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
rts265 Online   content
Miki Dora status

surfing is the most unwelcoming activity, particularly in densely populated areas - up until now...

you had to be willing to fight just to walk to the sand - it really wasn't always that bad, but thats how it was

if there weren't people in the water, these people would be complaining that the ocean wasn't nice to them

BJJ/Judo where their policy is to smash any new person is more welcoming - you make it through that first beating they welcome you next class.

psssh.

#2901760 - 01/21/19 11:55 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: rts265]
mundus Offline
Michael Peterson status

surfing is the most unwelcoming activity, particularly in densely populated areas - up until now...

you had to be willing to fight just to walk to the sand - it really wasn't always that bad, but thats how it was

if there weren't people in the water, these people would be complaining that the ocean wasn't nice to them

BJJ/Judo where their policy is to smash any new person is more welcoming - you make it through that first beating they welcome you next class.

psssh.
This is what the "surf coach" is missing, Surfers are generally selfish dicks who hate everybody else that surfs except them and their boys.

#2901761 - 01/21/19 11:58 AM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Scallywag Offline
Nep status

Loc: TamaGringo

#2901763 - 01/21/19 12:00 PM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: Scallywag]
GWS Offline
Duke status

Loc: done
Originally Posted By: Scallywag

roflmao

#2901806 - 01/21/19 01:02 PM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Coat Hanger Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: THE TERRORIST OF TERRAMAR
Does the article say if Khadjou is afraid of ghosts?

Does she have sex with her socks on?

#2901811 - 01/21/19 01:08 PM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Adult learners at the lower 15% of the learning curve are going to be at a critical disadvantage in any lineup that has more than 2 or 3 surfers.

The professional women get their waves on boards that might max out at 25 liters in volume. This coach has obviously never been there and will probably never get there. The surfer in the vid might be able to progress to boards that small someday, but there's no way it's happening by 2020.

#2901819 - 01/21/19 01:21 PM Re: Surf coach:"The beaches are being re-colonized by white males.”; employs security guards to surf California beaches:.. [Re: GWS]
ghostshaper Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: 1134
Originally Posted By: GWS
Originally Posted By: Scallywag

roflmao

"I'm 21% victim."
roflmao

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32