REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2900621 - 01/18/19 07:57 PM Re: Why are POS congressmen/women travellling abroad at all? [Re: StuAzole]
sirfun Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Again, I don't recall anyone saying a word when Paul Ryan made a similar trip in October. Weird.

Ru-bots dint issue a fatwa ?? )

#2900971 - 01/19/19 01:16 PM Re: Why are POS congressmen/women travellling abroad at all? [Re: BillyOcean]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...orce-aircraft/

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Air Force detailing House Speaker Nancy Pelosis use of United States Air Force aircraft for Congressional Delegations (CODELs). According to the documents, obtained by Judicial Watch through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Speakers military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol. The following are highlights from the recent release of about 2,000 documents:

Speaker Pelosi used Air Force aircraft to travel back to her district at an average cost of $28,210.51 per flight. The average cost of an international CODEL is $228,563.33. Of the 103 Pelosi-led congressional delegations (CODEL), 31 trips included members of the House Speakers family.
One CODEL traveling from Washington, DC, through Tel Aviv, Israel to Baghdad, Iraq May 15-20, 2008, to discuss matters of mutual concern with government leaders included members of Congress and their spouses and cost $17,931 per hour in aircraft alone. Purchases for the CODEL included: Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Baileys Irish Crme, Makers Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey, Corona beer and several bottles of wine.
According to a Memo for Record from a March 29April 7, 2007, CODEL that involved a stop in Israel, CODEL could only bring Kosher items into the Hotel. Kosher alcohol for mixing beverages in the Delegation room was purchased on the local economy i.e. Bourbon, Whiskey, Scotch, Vodka, Gin, Triple Sec, Tequila, etc.
The Department of Defense advanced a CODEL of 56 members of Congress and staff $60,000 to travel to Louisiana and Mississippi July 19-22, 2008, to view flood relief advances from Hurricane Katrina. The three-day trip cost the U.S. Air Force $65,505.46, exceeding authorized funding by $5,505.46.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2900973 - 01/19/19 01:19 PM Re: Why are POS congressmen/women travellling abroad at all? [Re: BillyOcean]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
Where were the Why is trump traveling to play golf/vacation at all?

I am shocked and awed that the same whiners havent posted up those bills.

#2901486 - 01/20/19 06:12 PM Re: Why are POS congressmen/women travellling abroad at all? [Re: BillyOcean]
test_article Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Body of Christ, Texas
Haha, the Constitution says Congress declares war and appropriates the money to pay for them.

#2901547 - 01/20/19 08:27 PM Re: Why are POS congressmen/women travellling abroad at all? [Re: BillyOcean]
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Urbana, Illinois
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
They have no role in foreign policy

WTF should taxpayers pay any money to send these people (and their staffs) around the world ?

That's funny, I don't remember you starting this thread when a bunch of GOP senators were in Russia for July 4th.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32