REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. #2901156
01/20/19 03:48 AM
01/20/19 03:48 AM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Online sleepy OP
Duke status
GDaddy  Online Sleepy OP
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
That's not nice.

Leslie Jones Slams New 'Ghostbusters' Film: "It's Like Something Trump Would Do"

Quote:
Leslie Jones Slams New 'Ghostbusters' Film: "It's Like Something Trump Would Do"

In response to the news that Jason Reitman's new Ghostbusters project will continue the story that began with Ivan Reitman's 1984 original and its 1989 sequel, and ignore the female reboot from director Paul Feig in 2016, Leslie Jones, a cast member from the latter, has voiced her disappointment on social media.

The comedian took to Twitter on Saturday in a post that said, "So insulting. Like f--- us. We dint count. Its like something trump would do. (Trump voice)Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with men, will be huge. Those women aint ghostbusteeeeers ugh so annoying. Such a d--- move. And I dont give f--- Im saying something!!"

Jones tagged her fellow Ghostbusters co-star Melissa McCarthy, along with Reitman. So far there have been no responses from anyone involved in the film, which has received backlash since the announcement of its intent. In England, a journalist wrote an "open letter to Jason Reitman," citing his missed opportunity.

Feig's Ghostbusters received mostly positive reviews upon its release (it currently sits at a 74 percent Rotten Tomatoes score) and grossed $229 million worldwide, and in particular the strong foundation of female friendship was mentioned in many reviews.

Reitman is writing the screenplay for his film in collaboration with Gil Kenan. Casting details have not yet been released, though the film is set to enter theaters in 2020.

It'll probably be a loser, anyway.

#sowhat
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: GDaddy] #2901158
01/20/19 04:05 AM
01/20/19 04:05 AM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
Here's an idea: someone writers should start thinking of new ideas for movies.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: hal9000] #2901160
01/20/19 04:10 AM
01/20/19 04:10 AM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Online happy
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Online Happy
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Originally Posted By: hal9000

No way brahsef. It's all about recycling old story lines with white male leads and subbing in an intersectional cast. That's how you stick it to the patriarchy shaka

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: GDaddy] #2901161
01/20/19 04:17 AM
01/20/19 04:17 AM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
People triggered by Ghostbusters movies = People triggered by shaving commercials.

"Can you ask if she'll blow me too?" - Autoprax
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: grapedrink] #2901179
01/20/19 07:29 AM
01/20/19 07:29 AM
The Bar
K
Kento Online content
Duke status
Kento  Online Content
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted By: grapedrink

No way brahsef. It's all about recycling old story lines with white male leads and subbing in an intersectional cast. That's how you stick it to the patriarchy shaka

Are you suggesting The Magcliticent Seven might be in theaters soon?

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: GDaddy] #2901182
01/20/19 08:41 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
It always fascinates me that you, Caca and ifail are triggered by what celebrities think and deem that important enough to post.

Is it supposed to be a proof of something?

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: GDaddy] #2901183
A
acnjusa Offline
Michael Peterson status
acnjusa  Offline
Michael Peterson status
A

in the re-boot the REALLY BAD demon.......ended up at.....the heavy metal concert.

Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: GDaddy] #2901190
01/20/19 09:54 AM
01/20/19 09:54 AM
Jonestown
G
Gnudz Offline
Phil Edwards status
Gnudz  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

Jonestown
Putting Jones' remarks in context, they got a shit-ton of shit thrown on them even before the trailer was out.

Granted it's not the best remake (nor is it the worst), but people were going after director Feig and the all-female cast as soon as they heard it was in the works, long before anyone had seen any part of it.

And then, of course, there was that one fabulously right-wing nut job celebrity who reposted a bunch of racist stuff and got his fans to all attack Jones. He got kicked off twitter for it, and rightfully so.

Whatever, this will all blow over by Trump's next Tweet.

Unpopular opinion: I really hate political parties. I feel like when we call ourselves Democrats or Republicans, we all forget what we are Americans - Americans that love the country and each other. - David Hogg
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: hal9000] #2901196
01/20/19 11:49 AM
01/20/19 11:49 AM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA

applause2

MUELLER IS COMING batman
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: ifallalot] #2901259
01/20/19 03:30 PM
01/20/19 03:30 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Online content
Duke status
Kento  Online Content
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted By: ifallalot

applause2

+1

Seems like everything is either a comic book movie or a remake. Some gems still sneaking through here and there though. I'm not too distressed about it though considering I might see one movie a year in the theaters. Plenty backlogged on Amazon/YouTube TV. beer

Russ Meyer
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: GDaddy] #2901268
01/20/19 03:45 PM
01/20/19 03:45 PM
LA
N
NDG80 Offline
Gerry Lopez status
NDG80  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
N

LA
Yea its sad - something like Beetlejuice in this day and age would never get made. No one is willing to take risks at all so what we get is reboot after reboot. I mean how many different spiderman rebrands have we had in the last 10 years. 4?

The Ghostbusters sequel with all the chicks was horrible and should be forgotten - great actresses, just horrible material to work with.

Wouldve loved to see one with whats left of the o.g. cast

Last edited by NDG80; 01/20/19 03:46 PM.
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: GDaddy] #2901304
01/20/19 05:07 PM
01/20/19 05:07 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Online sleepy OP
Duke status
GDaddy  Online Sleepy OP
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
I like watching one-off movies. Most of the sequels aren't that great - the plot devices aren't sustainable unless they're part of a larger big-picture story arc.

As I recall, the sequel to the original Ghostbusters sucked hard. The first John Wick flick was fun but the sequel was completely mindless. The Matrix had a couple interesting ideas going for it but it would have worn a lot better had they never made the sequels.

The first Oceans 10 was fun for the nostalgic rat-pack factor but the 2nd one was severely strained and the the 3rd one was just plain stupid - they phoned that one in. This was the backdrop for the me-too version. They were following an already too-long franchise.

I can't think of any remakes of female movies where they swapped in the males, although there probably are some out there. But if so they don't stand out. Which goes back to the sequel problem.

I can't watch TV dramas or many of the comedies for the same reason. They're unsustainable unless the story revolves around several ongoing and unresolved internal conflicts that lead to a more natural state of tension.

#sowhat
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: GDaddy] #2901312
01/20/19 05:24 PM
01/20/19 05:24 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Online content
Duke status
Kento  Online Content
Duke status
K

The Bar
Generally I agree with you, GDaddy. There are some exceptions (that probably prove the rule). As far as TV,/streaming, Veep, Blacklist, Man in High Castle, Game of Thrones all are good. Eons better than the formulaic hospital, FD, cop, fed shows.

Brewster's Millions was quality remake. Think Scarface was one too.

Aliens was a worthy sequel. Godfather II.

Damn. I hope they don't try to reboot that. We would get Rosie O'Donnell as Dona Corleone. Except with koosh balls instead of oranges whenever anything bad happens.

We can all justifiably join ISIS at that point.

Russ Meyer
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: Kento] #2901341
01/20/19 06:40 PM
01/20/19 06:40 PM
H
hammies Offline
Michael Peterson status
hammies  Offline
Michael Peterson status
H

Originally Posted By: Kento
Generally I agree with you, GDaddy. There are some exceptions (that probably prove the rule). As far as TV,/streaming, Veep, Blacklist, Man in High Castle, Game of Thrones all are good. Eons better than the formulaic hospital, FD, cop, fed shows.

Damn. I hope they don't try to reboot that. We would get Rosie O'Donnell as Dona Corleone. Except with koosh balls instead of oranges whenever anything bad happens.

Dona Corleone, and her son Michael would be gay, just to keep it contemporary.

"The world needs fewer arrogant pricks."
Re: How rude. They're talking about doing a Ghostbusters sequel that ignores the 2016 "female" reboot. [Re: hammies] #2901383
01/20/19 07:56 PM
01/20/19 07:56 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Online happy
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Online Happy
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Originally Posted By: hammies
Originally Posted By: Kento

Dona Corleone, and her son Michael would be transgender and with down syndrome, just to keep it contemporary.

Fixed
ban

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32