REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
North Shore Oahu end of March early April #2900823
01/19/19 01:37 PM
01/19/19 01:37 PM
N
NEsurf4 Offline OP
Grom
NEsurf4  Offline OP
Grom
N

So I’ve been to the north shore twice now but both in May and September. Both of those trips were relatively flat with some fun waves in September. Now we’re going back for the last week of March leading into April. I feel like I always end up seeing that there is a huge late season swell, but what are the odds of reasonable mortal surf around that time? Mostly I want to know if I’m going to have to ditch the wife or if she will be able to surf too (she’s a decent surfer and will charge well over head waves in the middle of the New England winter, but is pretty nervous at new breaks - last time we went she had a good time at shoulder-head high kammies and Val’s). Thanks for any info and I know it’s a pretty arbitrary question since we can’t forecast what the spring is going to be like...

Re: North Shore Oahu end of March early April [Re: NEsurf4] #2900826
01/19/19 01:59 PM
01/19/19 01:59 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

It is a great time to go crowd wise, you could get lucky with a big swell, but there are always down days where mere mortals can surf.

Re: North Shore Oahu end of March early April [Re: NEsurf4] #2901184
01/20/19 08:45 AM
01/20/19 08:45 AM
A
acnjusa Offline
Michael Peterson status
acnjusa  Offline
Michael Peterson status
A

maybe you'll score a free ocean-front pad....complete w/boards and wheels.....and date the hottest babe
on the island which the locals do not mind...and school Laird on surfing........like Rick Kane did.

Now that would be a good trip.

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32