REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2900459 - 01/18/19 02:27 PM Bali in late May thru early June...
srfiend Offline
Grom

Hey, I'm seeking accommodations suggestions for a trip to Bali for my family and friends (potentially 10 total) during this time frame. I've never been. I was thinking Canggu area for waves and stuff to do for members of our party who do not surf.....and that means everyone but me....ha!
Anyone have the hot tip?

#2900731 - 01/18/19 11:12 PM Re: Bali in late May thru early June... [Re: srfiend]
NDG80 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: LA
I think the key to Bali is to move around. Book places in each of the little regions for a few days at a time because its such a pain to get to places by car. Especially with 10 people. For example if your at say Keramas - checking the Volcano and Ubud is like a whole day in the car. Its easier if everyone is cool with the scooters but If I was a first timer I wouldnt go from region to region on a scooter.

Id do Canguu/ Seminyak for a couple days - The Bukit for a few. Go inland towards Ubud for a few and then head to Nusa Lombongan or the Gillis or something.

#2901365 - 01/20/19 02:21 PM Re: Bali in late May thru early June... [Re: srfiend]
srfiend Offline
Grom

Excellent info NDG80 and thanks! I shall take heed of your advice!

#2901595 - 01/21/19 12:22 AM Re: Bali in late May thru early June... [Re: srfiend]
kool-aid Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: San Francisco
I'd spend the first few days in the Bukit, right on the beach in between Padang and Bingin. You don't have to surf to enjoy staying there for a few days.

Then I'd drag the whole gang up to Canguu and try and get either a Vila or find a decent Homestay that can accommodate the entire gang.

For trips to Ubud or the Volcano, I'd probably just do all-day day trips.

#2901851 - 01/21/19 02:01 PM Re: Bali in late May thru early June... [Re: srfiend]
Drumsurf Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Beach
kool-aid has the right idea. Canguu is cool for a group and definitely more to do than staying on the Bukit but the surf is nowhere near as good. Day trips to the other stuff are all you need. You could do a couple of nights in Ubud but I didn't really dig it compared to the beaches.

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32