REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2898300 - 01/14/19 08:59 PM Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative?
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
We need a special council on this one.

Explain the Chinese spy, Sen. Feinstein

Imagine if it emerged that the Republican chairman of the House or Senate intelligence committee had a Russian spy working on their staff. Think it would cause a political firestorm? Well, this month we learned that Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) had a Chinese spy on her staff who worked for her for about 20 years, was listed as an office director on payroll records and served as her driver when she was in San Francisco, all while reporting to Chinas Ministry of State Security through Chinas San Francisco Consulate. The reaction of the mainstream media? Barely a peep.

Feinstein acknowledged the infiltration but played down its significance. Five years ago the FBI informed me it had concerns that an administrative member of my California staff was potentially being sought out by the Chinese government to provide information, Feinstein said in a statement which means the breach took place while Feinstein was heading the Intelligence Committee. But, Feinstein insisted, he never had access to classified or sensitive information or legislative matters and was immediately fired. In other words: junior staffer, no policy role, no access to secrets, quickly fired no big deal.

But it is a big deal. I asked several former senior intelligence and law enforcement officials how serious this breach might have been. Its plenty serious, one former top Justice Department official told me. Focusing on his driver function alone, in Mafia families, the bosss driver was among the most trusted men in the crew, because among other things he heard everything that was discussed in the car.

A former top CIA clandestine officer explained to me what the agency would do if it had recruited the driver of a senior official such as Feinstein. We would have the driver record on his phone all conversations that Feinstein would have with passengers and phone calls in her car. If she left her phone, iPad or laptop in the car while she went to meetings, social events, dinners, etc., we would have the driver download all her devices. If the driver drove for her for 20 years, he would probably would have had access to her office and homes. We would have had the source put down an audio device in her office or homes if the opportunity presented itself. Depending on the take from all of what the source reported, we would use the info to target others that were close to her and exhibited some type of vulnerability.

In short, this officer said, we would have had a field day.

It seems improbable that Feinstein never once discussed anything sensitive in her car over a period of years. But lets assume that Feinstein was extraordinarily careful and never discussed any classified information in front of her driver or on any devices to which he had access. Even so, one former top intelligence official told me, someone in that position could give an adversary a whole bunch on atmospherics and trends and attitudes which are from time to time far more important than the things we call secrets. He added, Its like [having access to her] unclassified emails. (And we all know no one ever exposes classified information on unclassified emails).

Washington is understandably focused on the threat from Russia. But according to FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, China from a counterintelligence perspective represents the broadest, most pervasive, most threatening challenge we face as a country. It was China, after all, that hacked the Office of Personnel Management in 2015, stealing the SF-86 security clearance forms of many thousands of executive-branch employees in the most devastating cyberattack in the history of our country. Beijing has successfully recruited FBI agents and State Department employees as spies, and has used information from U.S. informants to kill more than a dozen CIA sources inside the regime. And now, we know China recruited a high-value Senate staffer who worked in immediate proximity to the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Feinstein owes the country a detailed explanation of how she let a Chinese spy into her inner sanctum. And the media should give this security breach the same attention they would if it involved Russia and the Republicans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...m=.145245f1fe52
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2898303 - 01/14/19 09:09 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Sure. Now shouldn't Trump have to explain his numerous ties to the Kremlin, Russian Oligarchs and pro-Russia Ukrainians through multiple high-ranking members of his campaign staff? cheers

Edited by frvcvs (01/14/19 09:09 PM)

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole

#2898309 - 01/14/19 09:16 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Sure, but there is no evidence of that while Feinstain's husband enriched himself doing business with China and Difi directed government policy in China's favor.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2898311 - 01/14/19 09:19 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

#2898317 - 01/14/19 09:28 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
hammies Offline
Michael Peterson status

How about BOTH DiFi and Trump get hauled in front of some House committee for a few days of rigorous questioning? No holds barred.

I don't give a shit about Finetime but I'd pay money to see Cheeto get grilled in public like that.

#2898319 - 01/14/19 09:40 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
everysurfr Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Santa Barbara County
That's the difference between us and the troll. I'd love to see all of them investigated. An agency just dedicated to auditing them all.

GromsDad can't even swat an admitted white supremacist.

Just hypothetically of course, but if tRump or Hannity were child molesters, would THAT be a bridge too far for you GromsDad?

#2898321 - 01/14/19 09:41 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
but there is no evidence of that

socrazy

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole

#2898337 - 01/14/19 10:20 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: everysurfr]
hammies Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: everysurfr

Just hypothetically of course, but if tRump or Hannity were child molesters, would THAT be a bridge too far for you GromsDad?

Well Cheeto already said he'd be dating Ivanka if she wasn't his daughter. Even among us dregs of the erBB I don't think any of us would stoop so low as to say that about our own daughters. So your hypothetical is not too far-fetched.

#2898339 - 01/14/19 10:37 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: everysurfr]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: everysurfr

there is no bridge too far for GromsDad. he's drank the Orange Kool Aide. There's no returning from that trip. He's a lost cause.

#2898340 - 01/14/19 10:41 PM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
Michael Peterson status

Since we know he spends every waking hour here, and it's his thread, I'm sure he saw the question. So unless something changes, GromsDad would vote for a child molester, as long as there is a R by its name

#2898420 - 01/15/19 05:58 AM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Two thoughts.

1. This thread isn't about Trump yet you guys immediately play #whataboutism when confronted with one of your own who has very real ties, not imaginary ones to a communist dictatorship and who may have had a direct role in fuking over our country for years.

2. You guys only hear what you want to hear so you think my opposition to the democrats means I blindly support Trump. I don't hold my nose and vote for anyone. I vote 3rd party and have for the past 3 presidential elections in a row......including the last one.

#2898455 - 01/15/19 09:17 AM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Two thoughts.

1. This thread isn't about Trump yet you guys immediately play #whataboutism when confronted with one of your own who has very real ties, not imaginary ones to a communist dictatorship and who may have had a direct role in fuking over our country for years.

2. You guys only hear what you want to hear so you think my opposition to the democrats means I blindly support Trump. I don't hold my nose and vote for anyone. I vote 3rd party and have for the past 3 presidential elections in a row......including the last one.

Two thoughts
1. Bullshit
2. Girls lie more than men

#2898517 - 01/15/19 10:48 AM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

why do you keep posting this article?

maybe the third time you try to use it as a distraction it will work...maybe?

but for the sake of discussion, let me ask you....do you notice how when she
finds a spy in the henhouse, she disavows them...

she doesn't make them National Security Adviser against the recommendations
of law enforcement and intelligence stakeholders, she didn't keep them on staff for
weeks after finding out about their crimes, and she didn't try to convince the FBI
to look the other way.

Diane Feinstein is a patriot!

the GOP are treasonous lizards.

#2898520 - 01/15/19 10:53 AM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: GromsDad]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
My guess is No.
I'm confident that the Chinese wouldn't waste time or money on that wack-a-doodle.

#2898526 - 01/15/19 10:57 AM Re: Is Diane Feinstein a Chinese operative? [Re: CharmingSophisticate]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate
My guess is No.
I'm confident that the Chinese wouldn't waste time or money on that wack-a-doodle.

I suggest you research her husband's ties to China too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32