REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2899480 - 01/16/19 07:11 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: ifallalot]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Establishment Left

roflmao

Who dis?

#2899481 - 01/16/19 07:18 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: ifallalot]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
She's obviously a great candidate because the Establishment Left hates her and we can see its been filtered down the erBB lefties

Yes, FecalFace and oneula are in the anti-Gabbard camp, and purps, foaf, myself, etc. have found one platform point of disagreement, and are 6/7 in favor of the rest of the things we supposedly aren't in favor of, but the Establishment Left's hate has been filtered down.

Just because some of us think it's disconcerting that the impetus for a withdrawal from Syria (that may or may not exist/happen?) was a phone call from Erdogan doesn't make us neocons. Jeebus.

Edited by Sharkbiscuit (01/16/19 07:18 PM)

#2899492 - 01/16/19 07:43 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: Sharkbiscuit]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

go peddle your new ontz somewhere else, neocon scum

#2899579 - 01/16/19 10:02 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status

how can I be a lefty when i'm part of and surround by nothiedng but 1%'rs like CEO's and boardroom types who have this place by the b*lls. When you own and control the money you control everything.

Like lee cataluna said, no way the boys here gonna let her even have a chance. They may even find a way to get rid of her before 2020 with some Steve King like scandal.

You pay your dues, you wait your turn. When your time comes they'll let you know. That's how it works here in the smoke filled dark rooms of those running things behind the scene. You cross them and start grandstanding then they'll find a way to clear you out if you don't do it yourself. Look at Billy Kenoi's self destruction, he was the next in line golden boy for the dems. You move too fast and you'll get swatted down pretty quickly. If your own state don't want you representing them anymore how you gonna run for president?

Edited by oneula (01/16/19 10:02 PM)

#2899581 - 01/16/19 10:13 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: Sharkbiscuit]
grapedrink Online   happy
Phil Edwards status

Loc: A Beach
Originally Posted By: Sharkbiscuit
She's obviously a great candidate because the Establishment Left hates her and we can see its been filtered down the erBB lefties

Yes, FecalFace and oneula are in the anti-Gabbard camp, and purps, foaf, myself, etc. have found one platform point of disagreement, and are 6/7 in favor of the rest of the things we supposedly aren't in favor of, but the Establishment Left's hate has been filtered down.

Just because some of us think it's disconcerting that the impetus for a withdrawal from Syria (that may or may not exist/happen?) was a phone call from Erdogan doesn't make us neocons. Jeebus.

ILKED
ban

#2900277 - 01/18/19 10:34 AM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA

#2900391 - 01/18/19 01:07 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: oneula]
StuAzole Online   content
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: oneula
how can I be a lefty when i'm part of and surround by nothiedng but 1%'rs like CEO's and boardroom types who have this place by the b*lls. When you own and control the money you control everything.

Like lee cataluna said, no way the boys here gonna let her even have a chance. They may even find a way to get rid of her before 2020 with some Steve King like scandal.

You pay your dues, you wait your turn. When your time comes they'll let you know. That's how it works here in the smoke filled dark rooms of those running things behind the scene. You cross them and start grandstanding then they'll find a way to clear you out if you don't do it yourself. Look at Billy Kenoi's self destruction, he was the next in line golden boy for the dems. You move too fast and you'll get swatted down pretty quickly. If your own state don't want you representing them anymore how you gonna run for president?

I think you give her too much credit. She's not even a blip on the radar and will fall by the wayside all on her own.

#2901166 - 01/19/19 11:43 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status

Here we go
start of the end
maybe she'll come back later like case did

Quote:
State Sen. Kai Kahele plans to challenge U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard for her congressional seat, sources have confirmed.

Gabbard just began her fourth term in Congress this month, making the timing of a challenge unusual. She isnt up for re-election until 2020.

The challenge is a sign that Gabbard, who has enjoyed high popularity ratings since being elected to Congress in 2012, is showing signs of vulnerability.

Neither Kahele nor Gabbard returned calls from the Honolulu Star-Advertiser for comment.

Kahele, who represents Hilo, is expected to announce his plans Monday in Hilo. Kahele is chairman of the Senate Land and Water Committee and has served in the Senate since 2016. Hes the son of the late state Sen. Gil Kahele.

Kahele is also a combat veteran, a major in the Hawaii Air National Guard and a pilot for Hawaiian Airlines.

Gabbard last week announced that she is running for president and has since weathered criticism from some members of her own party at both the local and national levels.

U.S. Sen. Mazie Hirono suggested in an interview with MSNBC this week that she would not be supporting Gabbards presidential run.

Shortly before announcing her White House bid, Gabbard penned a piece in The Hill in which she accused Democratic U.S. Sens. Hirono, Kamala Harris and Dianne Feinstein of religious bigotry in their questioning of judicial nominees, angering some members of the Democratic Party.

On Thursday former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean told CNN that he thought all of the partys candidates are qualified to be president except for Gabbard.

I dont think she knows what shes doing, and I dont think she is qualified. Shes not qualified, Dean said.

Dean referenced Gabbards trip to Syria where she met with President Bashar al-Assad and her past statements about gay people. I dont know what she thinks shes doing, he said.

Gabbard has also faced tough media coverage relating to her past advocacy against gay marriage since announcing her presidential bid. She released a video Thursday in which she apologized for her past statements and said her views on LGBT issues have changed, citing her track record of backing legislation supportive of LGBT issues since being elected to Congress.

But Michael Golojuch, chairman of the LGBT caucus of the Hawaii Democratic Party, said he wasnt convinced that Gabbard had truly changed her personal views on homosexuality. Her evolution doesnt ring true, he said.

Golojuch said he was glad to hear Kahele was challenging Gabbard.

I think it would be amazing to have Kai in that seat, he said.

The state Office of Elections has said that Gabbard can simultaneously run for president and her House seat. However, she could face political pressure to resign from Congress as her presidential campaign draws out.

#2901171 - 01/20/19 12:02 AM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
No surprise

Identity politics are the future of the Democratic Party.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2901186 - 01/20/19 03:52 AM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
No surprise

Identity politics are the future of the Democratic Party.

Why is she not running as a Libertarian?

That's what her views are.

It's like when Hillary ran as a Democrat on a Republican platform.

Doesn't make sense.

#2901199 - 01/20/19 06:55 AM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: FecalFace]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

She should run as a Libertarian. She'd get great support like she already is

Great the see the Establishment DNC showing their true colors

#2901222 - 01/20/19 09:08 AM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
I like Tulsi and would likely vote for her, shame about the position on gay marriage and being relatively recent change of tone making it seem less genuine. I vaguely remember her in an interview being very straight forward about this though.

I do find it ironic that many liked to point out and criticize Clintons and Obamas change with the political wind in regards to same sex marriage and the DNC ignoring it. But when they finally do pay attention to the same situation occurring and criticize its also bad.

Damned if you do damned if you dont.

#2901225 - 01/20/19 09:15 AM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: manbearpig]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

I'd absolutely vote for her even though I disagree with her healthcare and minimum wage stances.

Even though the Dems are attacking her over identity nonsense the rest of her platform is incompatible with a lot of their tenets instead

The fact that she has support from a wide range of people is probably another reason why they are attacking her, the DNC and RNC thrive on division.

#2901301 - 01/20/19 12:06 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
test_article Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Body of Christ, Texas
Hey casa, ifall, who do y'all like to take Donnie BooBoo's place? <I laugh>

#2901310 - 01/20/19 12:23 PM Re: Tulsi Gabbard announces 2020 run for prez! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
To those saying it; How exactly is she libertarian?

From what I have listened to and read shes fairly moderate-left.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32