REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2896965 - 01/11/19 07:04 PM Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court?
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Cop says I rolled it.

I didn't roll it.

I have photos showing from where the cop was parked he can only see the very corner of the line. A wall is otherwise blocking his view.

Occurred in Del Mar
Cop was lurking way back on 27th (west side of Camino Del Mar) as I was going south.:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Del+Ma...!4d-117.2653146

I have previously fought tickets before in court and won but I hear a stop sign is impossible. (?)

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2896967 - 01/11/19 07:06 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
rts265 Online   content
Miki Dora status

do trial by declaration first - you write your side and mail it in

#2896969 - 01/11/19 07:11 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: rts265]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: rts265

Why write over making an appearance?

#2896980 - 01/11/19 07:28 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ocean7847 Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: the Injured Reserve
You're going to lose.

Did I save you some time?

Just go in, ask for a reduced fine, and plea for mercy from the Court - the traffic commissioners will usually hook it up (in my JX anyway). They much prefer that to the kind of argument are you bringing to the table.

#2896988 - 01/11/19 07:45 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
000 Offline
Duke status

MR. Ticket will fight it for u for $100

#2897005 - 01/11/19 08:23 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status

How much is the ticket?

How much is your time worth?

#2897008 - 01/11/19 08:25 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
LogHauler Online   content
Legend (inyourownmind)

I fought a speeding ticket in Washington state many years ago. I was clocked by an airplane and cited by a trooper. The trooper showed up in court but no one that was in the airplane did. I asked the trooper if he had personally clocked me speeding. He replied, "no". I asked to face my accuser, (the pilot), but he was not in court. The trooper produced a signed affidavit from the pilot. It was nothing but a form letter with a few blanks filled in.

Verdict: Guilty

So much for the 6th amendment.

Edited by LogHauler (01/11/19 08:26 PM)

#2897022 - 01/11/19 08:39 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Anywhere else I would say fight it. Del Mar don't waste your time. That fooker is gonna show up.

#2897032 - 01/11/19 09:20 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
rts265 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

Save time. If you lose I think you can still go to court. Youll want to verify that.

#2897042 - 01/11/19 09:47 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: rts265]
sd_101 Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: around san diego

Save time. If you lose I think you can still go to court. Youll want to verify that.

Thats my understanding. Gives you a chance at the end to go in front of a judge and beg for mercy.

Some physics guy famously got out of a ticket using ocular occlusion as an argument. Look it up. Maybe the geometry was the same if youre lucky.

#2897049 - 01/11/19 10:11 PM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
keenfish Offline
Duke status

Loc: Trona
Pay the fine and move on.

Who has the time to go to court and who would want to anyway?

Kids! Throw them to the gorillas! ~Autoprax

#2897120 - 01/12/19 06:10 AM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ifallalot Online   sick
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Buy a traffic lawyer for like $150. I'm doing that with a red light ticket right now

#2897125 - 01/12/19 06:39 AM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: sd_101]
Retropete Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Originally Posted By: sd_101

Thats my understanding. Gives you a chance at the end to go in front of a judge and beg for mercy.

Some physics guy famously got out of a ticket using ocular occlusion as an argument. Look it up. Maybe the geometry was the same if youre lucky.

Get Bohter on your case...I bet he could dazzle the judge with hours of photographic evidence showing the abberation that caused the officer to totally misjudge the situation.

#2897144 - 01/12/19 08:55 AM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: keenfish]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: keenfish
Pay the fine and move on.

Who has the time to go to court and who would want to anyway?

Who has the money to drop $300 on a stop sign ticket?

#2897731 - 01/14/19 12:20 AM Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ZanderZ Offline
Grom

Dont bother fighting it in that North County court where youll end up. I got popped by the sheriff for doing the same in Del Mar, but on the south side of town. I didnt think I did it, was cool with the cop, and he must have felt in the wrong and told me to show up and he would remember me and Would say something so the judge would be lenient. I did exactly what Johnny Law told me to. Judge didnt give two hoots, so I threw the cop under the bus to the judge and said its kind of a waste of everyones time for him to be telling people that. I would have just paid the ticket like all others and not spent a couple hours in that place. The judge laid into the cop a bit and he admitted he told me as much. I sat through a handful of legit cases that should have had leniency or overturned and no faks were given. On the other hand, if you do something south of Del Mar and end up in the Clairmont court, fight it. Ive seen a judge be lenient with every damn case (about 30 I sat through). Completely empathetic down there. North County was a complete 180. Not sure if it was judge specific or locale. Pay up smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32