REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2897043 - 01/11/19 09:50 PM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: 1whoknows]
Uberkuque Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

I am starting to think Trump is trying to cripple America in order to enable Putin to make a power play, be it economical or military.

The guy is trying to break America, before our very eyes. Over a complete sham of a cause — a wall that’s not even backed by facts or science.

Why is he doing this?

#2897132 - 01/12/19 07:21 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: Uberkuque]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted By: Uberkuque
I am starting to think Trump is trying to cripple America in order to enable Putin to make a power play, be it economical or military.

The guy is trying to break America, before our very eyes. Over a complete sham of a cause — a wall that’s not even backed by facts or science.

Why is he doing this?

You've lost your mind. Step outside. Get away from the computer. Life is rolling along without government non-essential workers.
“This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves,” Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it.”

#2897139 - 01/12/19 08:02 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: GromsDad]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: GromsDad

Why is he doing this?

You've lost your mind. Step outside. Get away from the computer. Life is rolling along without government non-essential workers.

There are so many people that have completely lost their minds like this. And this is only after two years. It's easy to see how people that get so affected by what the media tells them fall so fully for the Russia narrative. They're easily influenced, so they project it onto others

#2897146 - 01/12/19 09:26 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: Uberkuque]
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status

Why is he doing this?

I know what you mean. There’s something going on, some scheme, behind all of this. You republican conservative types, you detached “I’m above it all” types are ignoring it. You’re not allowing yourselves to feel it. This wall thing is strange. This is a play towards something.

#2897150 - 01/12/19 09:39 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: 1whoknows]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

Why is he doing this?

I know what you mean. There’s something going on, some scheme, behind all of this. You republican conservative types, you detached “I’m above it all” types are ignoring it. You’re not allowing yourselves to feel it. This wall thing is strange. This is a play towards something.

You know, I felt the same way with 911 and the ensuing unrelated wars. It was easy to connect the dots to think that the neocons orchestrated 911 in order to get an excuse to go fight imperial oil wars. But then I got a brain and realized that the universe is chaos and the people in government and their peers are not special or smart enough to pull off huge schemes like you see in a movie.

#2897151 - 01/12/19 09:44 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: ifallalot]
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status

I agree. I never thought 9/11 was anyone other than Al Quaeda. The attack fit a pattern. Perhaps I’m in denial of the pattern here. This pattern seems like “Idiocracy.”

#2897162 - 01/12/19 10:14 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: 1whoknows]
BillyOcean Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

The wall is just an overreaction after 30 yrs of established politicians’ failure to do something about illegal immigration

It’s actually a pretty mild overreaction in the scheme of things

#2897164 - 01/12/19 10:18 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: BillyOcean]
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status

Using facts, data, what should be done about illegal immigration? A data and fact driven solution. What?

#2897167 - 01/12/19 10:26 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: BillyOcean]
1whoknows Offline
Miki Dora status

5.7 billion dollars. For what? “A wall. A fence. Steel slats.” Come on man. That’s not very specific. Who’s getting that money? That’s a specific amount for a nebulous project.

Let’s pay for some inner city kid’s educations. Let’s lift some people up.

This group’s outlook on the world is sad.

#2897175 - 01/12/19 10:44 AM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: 1whoknows]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

I agree. I never thought 9/11 was anyone other than Al Quaeda. The attack fit a pattern. Perhaps I’m in denial of the pattern here. This pattern seems like “Idiocracy.”

I know a really smart guy and a very successful criminal defense attorney who insists to this day that 911 was an inside job. crazy2
“This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves,” Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it.”

#2897201 - 01/12/19 12:05 PM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: ifallalot]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Originally Posted By: GromsDad

Why is he doing this?

There are so many people that have completely lost their minds like this. And this is only after two years. It's easy to see how people that get so affected by what the media tells them fall so fully for the Russia narrative. They're easily influenced, so they project it onto others

How about those who have lost their minds over trumps fear mongering and believe him so fully? They’re easily influenced, so they project it onto others.

FoUriN iNvaDErssssss

#2897207 - 01/12/19 12:14 PM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: 1whoknows]
BillyOcean Offline

5.7 billion dollars. For what? “A wall. A fence. Steel slats.” Come on man. That’s not very specific. Who’s getting that money? That’s a specific amount for a nebulous project.

Let’s pay for some inner city kid’s educations. Let’s lift some people up.

This group’s outlook on the world is sad.

Yeah, there are better uses for this money, but you could say this about a lot of things

Dems and establishment repubs have zero credibility on immigration at this point

They’ve had many chances to implement more sensible plans

The only reasonable conclusion is they don’t actually want to solve the problem

Because they don’t really think it’s a problem

#2897216 - 01/12/19 12:36 PM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: BillyOcean]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
Could you list the compromises that were put on the table, and what they lacked?

Plz and thankz yu

#2897273 - 01/12/19 01:52 PM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: 1whoknows]
BillyOcean Offline

I don’t know

It’s not that complicated though

If they had more to gain by solving immigration, it would be solved

They haven’t, ergo it is in their interest not to solve it

This is contrary to the interest of the people they purport to represent

So we’ll get an idiotic wall instead

#2897276 - 01/12/19 02:00 PM Re: Trump is not in a good bargaining position [Re: BillyOcean]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
I don’t know

It’s not that complicated though

If they had more to gain by solving immigration, it would be solved

They haven’t, ergo it is in their interest not to solve it

This is contrary to the interest of the people they purport to represent

So we’ll get an idiotic wall instead

A lot of truth right there. If the politicians would follow and enforce the law regarding immigration and hiring of illegal workers we probably wouldn't need a wall.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32