REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2896977 - 01/11/19 07:24 PM Tear Down This Wall!!!
GromsDad Online   content
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/42487...reports-on-wall

San Diego TV station: CNN declined our 'local view' because of reports on wall effectiveness

A San Diego television station on Thursday said that CNN had asked for a "local view" and then "declined to hear from us" after past reports from the station showed that a border wall was effective.

A CNN spokesperson pushed back on KUSI's claim on Friday, calling it a "non story" since the network ultimately didn't book any reporters from stations in the San Diego area.

"We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didnt end up booking any of them," says a CNN spokesperson in a statement to The Hill. "That happens many times every single day. We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall on CNN in November. This is a non story."

Immigration, the partial government shutdown and President Trump's proposed border wall have all been topics dominating the cable news landscape since the shutdown began three weeks ago.

"Thursday morning, CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if one of our reporters could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown," a report by KUSI, an independent station in San Diego that began airing in 1982, begins.

"KUSI offered our own Dan Plante, who has reported dozens of times on the border, including one story from 2016 that was retweeted by former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and posted on DrudgeReport.com," it continues while linking to a border fence tour report.

"We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work," it concludes. "We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it."
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2896978 - 01/11/19 07:27 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: GromsDad]
Duke status

Come on my Southern California friends. Demand that the wall between Mexico and San Diego be torn down! Walls are immoral and they don't work. hal900000 said so.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2896987 - 01/11/19 07:44 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: GromsDad]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
anyone in SD actually watch KUSI

#2896990 - 01/11/19 07:55 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: stu dog]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
Originally Posted By: stu dog
I'm sure somebody does....of course none of the cool people do though.

#2896993 - 01/11/19 08:10 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: CharmingSophisticate]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate
Originally Posted By: stu dog
I'm sure somebody does....of course none of the cool people do though.

ever even heard of it shrug

#2896999 - 01/11/19 08:17 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: GromsDad]
Gnudz Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Jonestown
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/42487...reports-on-wall

San Diego TV station: CNN declined our 'local view' because of reports on wall effectiveness

A San Diego television station on Thursday said that CNN had asked for a "local view" and then "declined to hear from us" after past reports from the station showed that a border wall was effective.

A CNN spokesperson pushed back on KUSI's claim on Friday, calling it a "non story" since the network ultimately didn't book any reporters from stations in the San Diego area.

"We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didnt end up booking any of them," says a CNN spokesperson in a statement to The Hill. "That happens many times every single day. We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall on CNN in November. This is a non story."

Immigration, the partial government shutdown and President Trump's proposed border wall have all been topics dominating the cable news landscape since the shutdown began three weeks ago.

"Thursday morning, CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if one of our reporters could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown," a report by KUSI, an independent station in San Diego that began airing in 1982, begins.

"KUSI offered our own Dan Plante, who has reported dozens of times on the border, including one story from 2016 that was retweeted by former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and posted on DrudgeReport.com," it continues while linking to a border fence tour report.

"We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work," it concludes. "We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it."
Unpopular opinion: I really hate political parties. I feel like when we call ourselves Democrats or Republicans, we all forget what we are Americans - Americans that love the country and each other. - David Hogg

#2897001 - 01/11/19 08:20 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: GromsDad]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Walks make sense in highly populated areas. Walls dont make sense in remote uninhabited areas.

Seriously, why would drug cartels spend millions to dig tunnels under the Otay wall if it was actually easy to just drive straight over a few hours inland?

#Commonsense #costbenefit

#2897013 - 01/11/19 08:30 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: StuAzole]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Walks make sense in highly populated areas. Walls dont make sense in remote uninhabited areas.

Seriously, why would drug cartels spend millions to dig tunnels under the Otay wall if it was actually easy to just drive straight over a few hours inland?

it's not "safe" few hours inland. drug cartels have human mules walk the drugs over in the desert areas. the cartels are watching from mountains in the distance. but so are border patrol. it's a matter of man power & technology out there. but the retard base thinks build a big wall in those desert areas and that will solve the problem. you do that and reduce border agents because the wall is going to eat up all of the budget then digging under becomes even more of a problem.

#2897133 - 01/12/19 07:25 AM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: StuAzole]
Duke status

Make it a double fence electrified with high voltage in remote areas.

#2897193 - 01/12/19 11:41 AM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: GromsDad]
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Here

foreheadslap

#2897194 - 01/12/19 11:53 AM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: sizzld1]
GWS Offline
Duke status

Loc: done
Land mines. In between the first two electrified fences. Before The Wall.

And hunter/killer drones.

What I'd like to know is how does our government know where/how the majority of the illegal drugs come in when they are only intercepting a tiny fraction of the total? Hmmm...

socrazy dancing

#2897195 - 01/12/19 11:54 AM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: GWS]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
It's gotta be the Russians.

#2897198 - 01/12/19 12:00 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: GWS]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: GWS

What I'd like to know is how does our government know where/how the majority of the illegal drugs come in when they are only intercepting a tiny fraction of the total? Hmmm...

socrazy dancing

Maybe the Border Patrol likes the wall because it gives them more opportunity to collect bribes. hat

Russ Meyer

#2897199 - 01/12/19 12:02 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: sizzld1]
Duke status

Originally Posted By: sizzld1

foreheadslap

And tunnels.......treat them like you'd treat gophers in your lawn. Flood em out.

#2897200 - 01/12/19 12:03 PM Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! [Re: GWS]
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Here
Originally Posted By: GWS

socrazy dancing

$5 billion worth of drones, drone pilots, and more border patrol agents would probably be the most effective thing we can do in terms of illegal crossings in non/low populated areas. Way more effective than any reasonable wall we could design and pay for.

Ronnie and Ollie had a pretty good idea where the drugs were coming from...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32