REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2898153
01/14/19 09:23 PM
01/14/19 09:23 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
I said there's no epidemic of people dying from being hit by bikes like there's with cars.

That's a fact.

It just doesn't happen often, no matter how many dummy links you post.

Are there more bikes than cars on the road?

Go ahead, make an argument that bikes are as dangerous as cars.

This gon be fun.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: sd_101] #2898157
01/14/19 09:32 PM
01/14/19 09:32 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: sd_101
Remember when I said youd shift your argument to the proportion of bikers being hit by motorists vs pedestrians hit by bikers?

You just did it.

roflmao applause2

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2898159
01/14/19 09:42 PM
01/14/19 09:42 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: Sharkbiscuit

Full disclosure: I think stop signs are stupid, waste of gas and brake pads. Every single intersection should have a roundabout.

Possibly for places with an average IQ in the double digits, but Florida would turn into gridlock and people would be starving to death waiting to get through those things. It'd look like after the pandemic in The Stand with all the skeletons hanging out of their cars and shit.

All you need to do is start an education campaign to teach people that YIELD doesn't mean STOP.

That's only half of the problem.

The other education campaign should be "YIELD means "YIELD".

There is no educating these people. I went to Central Florida this weekend. I stopped to take a piss in Volusia County (Daytona). The men's bathroom had a gigantic KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING sign. Some subhuman moron barged right in while I was leaking, then didn't appreciate his buddy cracking on him.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: Sharkbiscuit] #2898171
01/14/19 10:03 PM
01/14/19 10:03 PM
Oceansuck
J
jkb Offline
Phil Edwards status
jkb  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

Oceansuck

Full disclosure: I think stop signs are stupid, waste of gas and brake pads. Every single intersection should have a roundabout.

Possibly for places with an average IQ in the double digits, but Florida would turn into gridlock and people would be starving to death waiting to get through those things. It'd look like after the pandemic in The Stand with all the skeletons hanging out of their cars and shit.

All you need to do is start an education campaign to teach people that YIELD doesn't mean STOP.

That's only half of the problem.

The other education campaign should be "YIELD means "YIELD".

There is no educating these people. I went to Central Florida this weekend. I stopped to take a piss in Volusia County (Daytona). The men's bathroom had a gigantic KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING sign. Some subhuman moron barged right in while I was leaking, then didn't appreciate his buddy cracking on him.

Are you the kind of guy that pulls his pants all the way down to his ankles while he takes a piss in a public urinal?

I need to start doing that.

I bet people would do this less often:

Legal Disclaimer: jkb's posts are written by his Posting Agent, whose views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of jkb.
Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: jkb] #2898183
01/14/19 10:19 PM
01/14/19 10:19 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: jkb

Are you the kind of guy that pulls his pants all the way down to his ankles while he takes a piss in a public urinal?

I need to start doing that.

I bet people would do this less often:

No, but failing to zip the fly back up sounds like a possibility.

I could never squeeze a drop of piss out with my pantaloons in a position where I couldn't run. Conditioned behavior. In school, if you weren't in a ready to fight/flee stance at all times, with your head on a swivel, but most especially in the bathroom or gym shower, you were going to get punched in the back of the head or pissed on or something almost instantly.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: Sharkbiscuit] #2898230
01/14/19 11:43 PM
01/14/19 11:43 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach

Another reason not to leave your pants at the ankles in a public restroom drowning

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2898796
01/15/19 09:14 PM
01/15/19 09:14 PM
Oceansuck
J
jkb Offline
Phil Edwards status
jkb  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

Oceansuck
roflmao

Legal Disclaimer: jkb's posts are written by his Posting Agent, whose views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of jkb.
Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2898917
01/16/19 12:56 AM
01/16/19 12:56 AM
Your mom�s house
D
Duffy Offline
Kelly Slater status
Duffy  Offline
Kelly Slater status
D

Your mom�s house
I once fought a stop sign.

�No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn�

- The Wasp
Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2899179
01/16/19 05:14 PM
01/16/19 05:14 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
^ I once walked into a stop sign pole as a kid when I was staring at a girl (Hi, Kaye!).

Anyway, every dog deserves their day in court. Let us know how it goes.

And yeah, speaking as someone who wants more efficient govt, if you lose, don't pay in pennies/coins like a petty jerk...pay and get your travel miles on the credit card so you can move on to the next thing ASAP.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2899191
01/16/19 05:41 PM
01/16/19 05:41 PM
L
LiamUnknown Offline
Nep status
LiamUnknown  Offline
Nep status
L

This clearly escalated to a completely different topic.

However, if you're still interested in fighting your ticket do the following...

1) Always request a trial by written dec. I generally just file the request and dec at the same time. Use google for your dec.

The advantage is that cops get paid overtime to show up to hearings, they do not get overtime to respond to trials by written decs. I or my family members have gotten out of over 75% of tickets by doing trial by written decs.

If you lose you can always try again in court.

The only downside is you have to pay the fine up front when you file, but if you win they'll mail a check back to you. It does take 3-6 mos to get a decision after you file.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2899203
01/16/19 05:56 PM
01/16/19 05:56 PM
000 Offline
Duke status
000  Offline
Duke status

i did a trial by declaration once
it seems like they dont even read it, they just check the guilty box

but i was guilty

red light camera 2001, before i even knew they existed - 3am, only car around

lawyer friend told me to delay trial, i did a few times til the judge told me to eat shit
read the book "fight your ticket and win"- it was helpful
requested a traffic study, as is my right, they never sent it, judge didnt care
got ahold of the transcript to the trial that beat san diego red light cameras
changed street names and kept the rest for use in my trial

day of trial they said i can go in a bck room and do a private trial.
they had 2 envelopes of evidence against me
judge thought that was very wrong and dismissed the case

i won by fluke

later they deemed the cameras illegal and took em down- did people get their money back? i doubt it

then they changed em to make em legal and bought em back

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: Duffy] #2899262
01/16/19 07:10 PM
01/16/19 07:10 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: Duffy
I once fought a stop sign.

Basically this thread:

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2899271
01/16/19 07:24 PM
01/16/19 07:24 PM
R
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status
rts265  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

I won my trial by declaration. I was cited for speeding - the lady cop used the speed signs - you know, the signs that say how fast you are going to cite my speed. I looked it up. They are by definition traffic calming devices not intended for speed citations but to slow the flow of traffic. So, someone reads it....

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: ocean7847] #2899338
01/16/19 09:38 PM
01/16/19 09:38 PM
S
SBSteve Offline
Miki Dora status
SBSteve  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

Originally Posted By: ocean7847
You're going to lose.

Did I save you some time?

Just go in, ask for a reduced fine, and plea for mercy from the Court - the traffic commissioners will usually hook it up (in my JX anyway). They much prefer that to the kind of argument are you bringing to the table.

I'm a little late to the game, but...
Listen to this guy, he knows of what he speaks.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? [Re: SBSteve] #2899396
01/16/19 10:17 PM
01/16/19 10:17 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: SBSteve
Originally Posted By: ocean7847
You're going to lose.

Did I save you some time?

Just go in, ask for a reduced fine, and plea for mercy from the Court - the traffic commissioners will usually hook it up (in my JX anyway). They much prefer that to the kind of argument are you bringing to the table.

I'm a little late to the game, but...
Listen to this guy, he knows of what he speaks.

BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT

COP MADE IT UP

rofl

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32