REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GDaddy] #2896699
01/11/19 05:07 AM
01/11/19 05:07 AM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Originally Posted By: hal9000
Strawman

Not at all. Especially if you factor in the policy aspect. What policy objective will this accomplish?

There's better and then there's worse. I don't think there are many wall advocates who actually think that having a wall would be a silver bullet but most all of them think it will be better than not having a wall.

so is this better worth $67 Billion plus? Not counting all the legal issues of seizing private land.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/...m=.39cd55434757

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: heelnipstr] #2896701
01/11/19 05:37 AM
01/11/19 05:37 AM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad

Originally Posted By: heelnipstr
Strawman

Not at all. Especially if you factor in the policy aspect. What policy objective will this accomplish?

There's better and then there's worse. I don't think there are many wall advocates who actually think that having a wall would be a silver bullet but most all of them think it will be better than not having a wall.

so is this better worth $67 Billion plus? Not counting all the legal issues of seizing private land.

Apparently there are a lot of Americans who think it would be worth it.

#sowhat
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GDaddy] #2896708
01/11/19 06:23 AM
01/11/19 06:23 AM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal

Originally Posted By: heelnipstr
Strawman

Apparently there are a lot of Americans who think it would be worth it.

36% is a lot?

but 70% support universal healthcare what would you call that.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/675334306...ssible-shutdown

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/28/most-ame...ge-tuition.html

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000] #2896713
01/11/19 06:48 AM
01/11/19 06:48 AM
H
hammies Offline
Michael Peterson status
hammies  Offline
Michael Peterson status
H

Build a moat! Oh, we already have those. Even though they're really big, people and contraband still get in easily enough.

Maybe we need a roof, since so many illegal aliens and narcotics come in via plane!

"The world needs fewer arrogant pricks."
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000] #2896715
01/11/19 07:21 AM
01/11/19 07:21 AM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Quote:

36% is over 100M people.

As for Medicare for all, 2020 isn't very far off. Maybe it'll happen. All you guys gotta do is win.

#sowhat
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GDaddy] #2896717
01/11/19 07:58 AM
01/11/19 07:58 AM
C
craigj532 Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
craigj532  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
C

If we dont make a deal with Congress, which we should be able to. Really just common sense and there is some compromise needed and, look, they know that the wall is working. Do you know what works? A wheel. And a wall. They call it a medieval thing. Well, you know, Im looking at all these very expensive cars all over here loaded up with machine guns and every single one of them has wheels. A wheel is an old thing. There are two things that they work. A wall would be so effective. It would solve so many killings and so much death and drugs and human trafficking. Where they tape up women on their face. They tape them up and put them in the back of a car or a van and they drive right through our border.

Stable genius.

[P]ower and privilege cannot move a people who know where they stand and stand in the law.
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: 1whoknows] #2896727
01/11/19 11:47 AM
01/11/19 11:47 AM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
All of you know damn well we'll still have all of the aforementioned things, with or without a wall. What happens if the Wall is built and it fails to do what Trump says it will do?

Read up on how President Eisenhower dealt with illegal immigrants. Trump should do the same thing.

Did Eisenhower hire them? Thats what trump does.

No. He rounded them up and put them on planes and ships and dropped them off 500 miles into Mexico. Also worth noting that Mexico helped too.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000] #2896736
01/11/19 01:11 PM
01/11/19 01:11 PM
O
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status
oneula  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

like cuzin Joe Wong (whoDat) so eloquently said

in the end what did the greal wall do for china other than become a tourist attraction thousands of years later
and I don't think that other wall in Berlin did too well in the end

Great walls end up being nothing but phallic symbols for those that build them

its like the software and procedural walls used to protect customers from malware, and viruses they end up being temporary fixes. No matter high high and how good they are in the beginning, they are only of temporary value.

you have to change basic human behavior, fix the source and get rid of the incentives to make a permanent impact.

waSUPcuz? shaka ala n da mooleh bulls..
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: oneula] #2896746
01/11/19 02:24 PM
01/11/19 02:24 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: oneula

in the end what did the greal wall do for china other than become a tourist attraction thousands of years later

its like the software and procedural walls used to protect customers from malware, and viruses they end up being temporary fixes. No matter high high and how good they are in the beginning, they are only of temporary value.

you have to change basic human behavior, fix the source and get rid of the incentives to make a permanent impact.

The voice of reason. Thank you.

Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GromsDad] #2896749
01/11/19 02:28 PM
01/11/19 02:28 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

All of you know damn well we'll still have all of the aforementioned things, with or without a wall. What happens if the Wall is built and it fails to do what Trump says it will do?

Read up on how President Eisenhower dealt with illegal immigrants. Trump should do the same thing.

No. He rounded them up and put them on planes and ships and dropped them off 500 miles into Mexico. Also worth noting that Mexico helped too.
A lot has changed since then. I doubt that Eisenhower employed undocumented workers from Mexico and Central America. Rounding them up and shipping them off wouldnt work, will never happen, would be incompatible with our economy. Youre mindset when it comes to illegal workers is going to have to change. Theyre a net positive for our economy and our society. I realize thats almost impossible for you to comprehend. Theyre a beneficial part of an economic system. You could argue theyre being exploited, I would agree. We have to figure out how to make them legal.

Last edited by 1whoknows; 01/11/19 02:33 PM.
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GDaddy] #2896753
01/11/19 02:35 PM
01/11/19 02:35 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Online content OP
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Online Content OP
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
Strawman

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-...er-wall-n956271

Trump's own administration have admitted that there is no crisis at the border.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: oneula] #2896755
01/11/19 02:39 PM
01/11/19 02:39 PM
E
ElOgro Offline
Duke status
ElOgro  Offline
Duke status
E

Good luck changing basic human behavior, at least here in Mexico. If it can be corrupted, its been corrupted. At all levels. lol into the huachicolero deal thats happening here right now as an example. The political machine and the associated organized crime that you grew up with on Oahu is a minuscule example. Here its institutional. Womb to tomb.

"That's their respect for me... I got leid," Rabbit Kekai

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GromsDad] #2896811
01/11/19 05:38 PM
01/11/19 05:38 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Operation Wetback II?

And Mexico didn't help, they requested the program because they were losing too many workers to American farmers.

Bock you
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: ElOgro] #2896812
01/11/19 05:41 PM
01/11/19 05:41 PM
O
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status
oneula  Offline
Michael Peterson status
O

Originally Posted By: ElOgro

Good luck changing basic human behavior, at least here in Mexico. If it can be corrupted, its been corrupted. At all levels. lol into the huachicolero deal thats happening here right now as an example. The political machine and the associated organized crime that you grew up with on Oahu is a minuscule example. Here its institutional. Womb to tomb.

I don't think you can "fix" mexico

but then again the immigration issue is no longer a mexican problem but a central american problem. They just happen to be using mexico as their pathway. The US needs to "fix" the problem in south america. Maybe bring in the chinese like what's been happening in africa, the middle east and southeast asia with their "belt and road initiative". They don't need to run their US outsource operations in china which they've already over polluted because of it but they can outsource their outsource service to central america and exploit that labor market with their technology and construction resources like they are doing in africa.

If you can get rid of the economic and safety issues that have created the incentives for the current mass migration then it should taper off. I'm sure china or russia wants to get their hands on what ever natural resources central america has to offer. And both of those countries historically are pretty adept at controlling and getting rid of dissidents in their own countries. I'm sure they would have no problems helping governments with military support and arms to stabilize their regimes like the USA did with the Shah in Iran and with Saddam did in Iraq after Iran contra before cheney and the US oil boys want a piece of their pie.

There's also an underground theory that Canada, Mexico and the US should just become one big country like china and russia to take advantage of their geography to compete against china and russia. Lost of untapped oil lands in canada and lots of untapped labor in mexico. Just give the reigns to a trump or disfunctional congress and make canada and mexico another Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam and American Samoa. Hell Mexico and Canada could become the 51 and 52 states. You never know with all the uncontrolled corruption down south and ethic cross pollenization that has occurred between the cultures of the three countries over the centuries. People/culturally wise the borders are meaningless, it just created more government jobs. Less government is better, Lets just put it all under one rule.

Freakonomics on the topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGezXRu8u2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yRxXcefrPM&t=425s

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/china-eat-americas-jobs/

Last edited by oneula; 01/11/19 06:37 PM.

waSUPcuz? shaka ala n da mooleh bulls..
Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: oneula] #2896815
01/11/19 05:43 PM
01/11/19 05:43 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

Compete with Russia in what?

Bock you
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32