REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Custom for Jorge #2896729
01/11/19 12:18 PM
01/11/19 12:18 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline OP
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
5’8” x 19 1/8” x 2 5/16"

His step up from his 5'4" Modern Fish 5 fin

Rocker and Foil

Rail line

Custom made sized and placed fins + custom rear plug installs

Re: Custom for Jorge [Re: Greg Griffin] #2896730
01/11/19 12:20 PM
01/11/19 12:20 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline OP
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida

Similar to Ryan’s in 2005

Re: Custom for Jorge [Re: Greg Griffin] #2896732
01/11/19 12:21 PM
01/11/19 12:21 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline OP
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida

Whats in the box dancing

Whats in Yours ?? drowning

Re: Custom for Jorge [Re: Greg Griffin] #2904074
01/26/19 01:12 AM
01/26/19 01:12 AM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline OP
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline OP
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Email from Jorge this evening

Board and being a Federal employee related

Hey Greg,

Went to SFO this morning and picked up the new board. Drove straight to Sloat. Surf was pretty good, so waxed the board and took it out. Even Surfline agreed, 6-10 ft orange good. Paddled great, nice to duck dive, the dimensions and wide point felt just right. Mostly backside rides where I was. Steeper takeoffs on the peaks felt solid and board went exactly where I wanted with precision. No slidey. All solid from first wave on. Super fast and smooth holding the high line. The board made all sections I went for. Set waves were juicy, allowing some turns with real momentum. Smooth arcs with solid fin hold; no feeling of redlining the turn. A highlight was the remarkable ability to quickly go high and tight exactly where I wanted in the pocket without slidey. The inner bar was barreling, and that control gave me two in-out barrels on the backside. A memorable day. Thank you Greg.

Re: shutdown. I avoided watching the news channels because they sucked me in and made me feel somewhat helpless and anxious, especially with all the nastiness. It all made me feel like a pawn. Hopefully this thing is really over now. My family has been living off credit and savings, and in another couple of weeks would have sold off big items like a car etc. The agreement happened while I was in the water, and hearing about it helped make today an even better day. Thanks for asking.

More swell and good conditions coming. Will use the new board down in SC tomorrow.

Cheers,
Jorge