REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2896593 - 01/10/19 07:20 PM So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then?
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Urbana, Illinois
All of you know damn well we'll still have all of the aforementioned things, with or without a wall. What happens if the Wall is built and it fails to do what Trump says it will do?

#2896594 - 01/10/19 07:23 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000]
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status

The wall is just one piece of the puzzle

You also need to deport people, punish employers of illegals and banks who launder drug money

#2896598 - 01/10/19 07:25 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: BillyOcean]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Strawman

#2896605 - 01/10/19 07:38 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: BillyOcean]
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: BillyOcean

You also need to deport people, punish employers of illegals and banks who launder drug money

But would you argue that we can eliminate crime 100%, or anything else for that matter?

Don't you have to, at some point, realize that crime will always exist and is just part of the "cost of doing business", just like gun violence?

#2896607 - 01/10/19 07:47 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000]
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: hal9000
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean

But would you argue that we can eliminate crime 100%, or anything else for that matter?

Don't you have to, at some point, realize that crime will always exist and is just part of the "cost of doing business", just like gun violence?

Sure

I just want someone to do a bitchin guitar solo on top of the wall

#2896609 - 01/10/19 07:49 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GDaddy]
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Strawman

Not at all. Especially if you factor in the policy aspect. What policy objective will this accomplish?

#2896616 - 01/10/19 07:59 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000]
ElOgro Offline
Duke status

All of you know damn well we'll still have all of the aforementioned things, with or without a wall. What happens if the Wall is built and it fails to do what Trump says it will do?

Start 10 new threads a day.

"That's all it takes--one moment." Sponge

#2896623 - 01/10/19 08:19 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000]
RWVBWL Offline
Nep status

So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then?

Duh!
Donnie INVADES Mexico.
Right?

PS ~ You forgot to add terrorists to your list...
wave2

Edited by RWVBWL (01/10/19 08:34 PM)

#2896635 - 01/10/19 08:51 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...

Read up on how President Eisenhower dealt with illegal immigrants. Trump should do the same thing.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2896638 - 01/10/19 08:55 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GromsDad]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-he...ory?id=60272294

screw hurricane, fire, natural disaster victims and build a wall. What an asshole

#2896642 - 01/10/19 09:04 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000]
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status

my brudda brudda from anudda mudda

#2896674 - 01/10/19 10:52 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GromsDad]
1whoknows Online   content
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: GromsDad

Read up on how President Eisenhower dealt with illegal immigrants. Trump should do the same thing.

Did Eisenhower hire them? Thats what trump does.

#2896693 - 01/10/19 11:51 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: hal9000]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Strawman

Not at all. Especially if you factor in the policy aspect. What policy objective will this accomplish?

There's better and then there's worse. I don't think there are many wall advocates who actually think that having a wall would be a silver bullet but most all of them think it will be better than not having a wall.

#2896695 - 01/10/19 11:55 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: GDaddy]
1whoknows Online   content
Miki Dora status

Strawman

There's better and then there's worse. I don't think there are many wall advocates who actually think that having a wall would be a silver bullet but most all of them think it will be better than not having a wall.

Border Lying Personality Disorder

#2896697 - 01/10/19 11:59 PM Re: So, what if the WALL doesn't stop crime, drugs, and illegal immigration? What then? [Re: 1whoknows]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Trump had his opportunity 2 years ago and he failed to follow through.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32