REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2896310 - 01/10/19 08:23 AM A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al...
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

This just popped up on my YouTubing. Was pretty fun and interesting mixed with a bit of hipsterness. Those waves in the second half of the video look epic...Are they south of the border?

Here's the link. I'm too stupid to know how to embed a YouTube video here...

#2896427 - 01/10/19 01:29 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
jkb Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Oceansuck
It was a good watch, but it irked me at the same time.

The clip is essentially about the craft of handmade boards. They mention the history, the stories of the past, hanging out with friends, ect.....and how it's a more fullfilling experience than grabbing a mass produced board off the rack.

Yet they're drinking 10 Barrel beer and using them as a sponsor of the clip. 10 Barrel was a craft brewery that sold out to Anheuser-Busch who sold out to InBev. Now AB InBev is the largest beer conglomerate on the planet and headquartered overseas in Belgium. toilet

#2896428 - 01/10/19 01:30 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: jkb]
silentbutdeadly Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
noticed that right away as well.

Other than that, pretty darn cool.

#2896520 - 01/10/19 04:29 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

But...Is the beer good?

#2896521 - 01/10/19 04:35 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
jkb Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Oceansuck
Not as good as it used to be.

#2896677 - 01/10/19 10:58 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
ghostshaper Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: 1134
recap: andrew doheny's surfing is impressive. couldn't tell from the video, but zach flores probably has the best shaping technique, given he's jim the genius's prodigy. his surfing was good, too. ryan burch rips. tyler warren, too, even on an 8'0. jared mell on a shortboard isn't a fair comparison.

Edited by ghostshaper (01/11/19 04:32 PM)
Edit Reason: Fairness to Jared

#2896678 - 01/10/19 11:03 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: jkb]
ghostshaper Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: 1134
Originally Posted By: jkb
It was a good watch, but it irked me at the same time.

The clip is essentially about the craft of handmade boards. They mention the history, the stories of the past, hanging out with friends, ect.....and how it's a more fullfilling experience than grabbing a mass produced board off the rack.

Yet they're drinking 10 Barrel beer and using them as a sponsor of the clip. 10 Barrel was a craft brewery that sold out to Anheuser-Busch who sold out to InBev. Now AB InBev is the largest beer conglomerate on the planet and headquartered overseas in Belgium. toilet

roflmao

#2896719 - 01/11/19 03:14 AM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: ghostshaper]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Originally Posted By: ghostshaper
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-3dRzKAaPgc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

recap:
andrew doheny's surfing is impressive. couldn't tell from the video, but zach flores probably has the best shaping technique, given he's jim the genius's prodigy. his surfing was good, too. ryan burch rips. tyler warren, too, even on an 8'0. jared mell was outclassed.

Is there an update to the posting YouTube vids tutorial? The directions I followed didn't give me any success...

#2896788 - 01/11/19 11:45 AM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
bummerdude Offline
Grom

Loc: South South SD
Good watch. Jared Mell was so high the other guys had to shape his board for him lol

#2896798 - 01/11/19 12:18 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: San Buena Ventura
Originally Posted By: Goodfish
Originally Posted By: ghostshaper
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-3dRzKAaPgc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

recap:
andrew doheny's surfing is impressive. couldn't tell from the video, but zach flores probably has the best shaping technique, given he's jim the genius's prodigy. his surfing was good, too. ryan burch rips. tyler warren, too, even on an 8'0. jared mell was outclassed.

Is there an update to the posting YouTube vids tutorial? The directions I followed didn't give me any success...

I have the same problem. Doesn't matter which browser I use, they all fail. I've been in the IT business for over 25 years and still can't figure this shit out. mad

Edited by SrPato (01/11/19 12:18 PM)

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

#2896800 - 01/11/19 12:20 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: SrPato]
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: San Buena Ventura
Oh BTW, those guys are insanely talented surfers. jam_on

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

#2896889 - 01/11/19 03:41 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: SrPato]
YeahNo Offline
Grom

Loc: Kelly's Cove
Good watch. My wife/family got me a shaping lesson for christmas at Sunset Shapers, my appointment is in a few weeks jam_on

#2897020 - 01/11/19 08:36 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: SrPato]
need 4 speed Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: SoCal
yes
great vid
3:00-5:00 fav

#2897126 - 01/12/19 06:41 AM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Should have made them glass them themselves. You're not building boards unless you do the whole process yourself.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2897140 - 01/12/19 08:08 AM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Should have made them glass them themselves. You're not building boards unless you do the whole process yourself.

The clue is in the title: it's about shaping. Architects don't put the bricks together.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >