REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2897141 - 01/12/19 08:30 AM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Bwa HaHaHaHa!!!!! foreheadslap
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2897142 - 01/12/19 08:39 AM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: GromsDad]
silentbutdeadly Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
I think most of them probably can. Doesn't burch shape and glass his own fish in the volcom movie?

#2897165 - 01/12/19 10:19 AM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: GromsDad]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Bwa HaHaHaHa!!!!! foreheadslap

You're one of those guys I read about on the innernet. Live under a bridge much?

#2897237 - 01/12/19 01:11 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
sozzle Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: Goodfish
Should have made them glass them themselves. You're not building boards unless you do the whole process yourself.

The clue is in the title: it's about shaping. Architects don't put the bricks together.

to be fair i kind of wanted them to glass em too.

#2897254 - 01/12/19 01:30 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: sozzle]
patrolman Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: sozzle
Originally Posted By: Goodfish
Should have made them glass them themselves. You're not building boards unless you do the whole process yourself.

The clue is in the title: it's about shaping. Architects don't put the bricks together.

to be fair i kind of wanted them to glass em too.

Every step of the process is an art. For a backyard hack like me it's always amazing to watch the pros at any step of the process. Ever try pin striping????

I wonder if any of the true pros watch that vid and cringe at some of the techniques on display?

#2897264 - 01/12/19 01:40 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Board building as a whole impresses me. Handing something off to a glasser anyone can do.
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2897308 - 01/12/19 03:43 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: GromsDad]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
90% of Al Merricks boards were shaped by someone else and none glassed by him .

GromsDad says :

"Board building as a whole impresses me. Handing something off to a glasser anyone can do."

#2897311 - 01/12/19 03:47 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status

Glassers are the unsung heroes of the building world a dirty shitty job with toxic materials that is vey difficult to do well. That said shaping and glassing are separate .isciplines

#2897332 - 01/12/19 05:41 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Yeah, I've got respect for all the skills involved in building a board. If separate people do those jobs, then that's great. If it's a one-man band, then that's great too.

#2897339 - 01/12/19 06:57 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Greg Griffin]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Greg Griffin
90% of Al Merricks boards were shaped by someone else and none glassed by him .

GromsDad says :

"Board building as a whole impresses me. Handing something off to a glasser anyone can do."

Then go buy a Merrick.......but don't call something DIY when it really isn't. Might as well buy a production board.

#2897340 - 01/12/19 07:04 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: GromsDad]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Snap Snap and Blah Blah

Here's Wade talking about Eric Haas who I mentioned in a response about airbrusher Mark Townsend to you that you ridiculed - airbrushers with history - Mark riding Huge 3rd reef Backyards with Eric bowdown

Some like new and more complete information outside the marketing stuff . Great movie , just missing so many others of that time .

#2897350 - 01/12/19 08:03 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

If you think I ridiculed airbrushers you should get your head examined. You just made a weird out of place post in response to me stating that Jeanie Chesser was a great surfer and airbrusher. You seem to have taken my compliment about her as some sort of slight against others. Get a grip.

#2897354 - 01/12/19 08:22 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: GromsDad]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Some here - mostly those who dont ever post , would like to know the bigger picture .

#2897635 - 01/13/19 06:13 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: Goodfish]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

No. You're just a weirdo sometimes. nana

#2897680 - 01/13/19 08:07 PM Re: A Tribute to DIY Shaping feat. Burch, et al... [Re: GromsDad]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

I posted several airbrushers with huge history in Hawaii of interest

Yourself and 2 others objected to that .

This attitude was created on this " Forum"

None of you were aware of these people and what they have done - straight into shit talk

Instead of asking for more info .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >