REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2896257 - 01/09/19 11:31 PM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: obslop]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: obslop
i was at UCSB during a massive winter swell in '95. campus point was 3xs OH on the outside and everything from there to devereux looked like death. even polls was solid OH if you can believe that.

Graduated 96, but wasn’t surfing in 95’. All the other years surfer deveruex as big as it got. Was fun cause so easy to get waves off the beginner crowd. Guy getting rescued is on a wave storm so that should tell you everything. I hope he has to pay $ amount for the rescue call

#2896258 - 01/09/19 11:31 PM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: keenfish]
Duffy Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Your mom’s house
Originally Posted By: keenfish
Originally Posted By: Duffy
Originally Posted By: silentbutdeadly
Looked at a lot of cams while working today. SS looked small. Campus point looked chest to head high which is odd cause I remember surfing it bigger than that on regular swells. C street looked moderately sized and burgery. I would sure love to be in that area right now though. Swarmies looked about half the size of S SD and actually quite manageable. Maybe it was the cams but the last two swells have been shocking in the disparity of size between spots. Gonna be a spectator in the morning, then see how my knee is for the drop in swell Friday.

Long interval will hit some spots and miss others.

Anything over 14 seconds misses SB all together and anything under 14 seconds is weak ass crap anyway,

There’s no surf here.

roflmao

I wonder what driftwoods and tarantulas looked like?

And Mussel Shoals and El Cap.

All of the waves went to C-street. All of them.

- The Wasp

#2896265 - 01/10/19 12:00 AM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: keenfish]
everysurfr Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: Santa Barbara County
Originally Posted By: Duffy
Originally Posted By: silentbutdeadly
Looked at a lot of cams while working today. SS looked small. Campus point looked chest to head high which is odd cause I remember surfing it bigger than that on regular swells. C street looked moderately sized and burgery. I would sure love to be in that area right now though. Swarmies looked about half the size of S SD and actually quite manageable. Maybe it was the cams but the last two swells have been shocking in the disparity of size between spots. Gonna be a spectator in the morning, then see how my knee is for the drop in swell Friday.

Long interval will hit some spots and miss others.

Anything over 14 seconds misses SB all together and anything under 14 seconds is weak ass crap anyway,

There’s no surf here.

roflmao

I didn't see mussel shoals/ little Rincon, but a buddy said double overhead, and really clean in the morning

#2896300 - 01/10/19 07:18 AM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: Duffy]
rts265 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Nic lamb one of the (very) few to go out locally. Yeah I sat out yesterday and will be today too.

#2896452 - 01/10/19 02:03 PM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: keenfish]
rice Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA

Saw photos of El Cap. smile2

#2896486 - 01/10/19 03:25 PM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: obslop]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

i was at UCSB during a massive winter swell in '95. campus point was 3xs OH on the outside and everything from there to devereux looked like death. even polls was solid OH if you can believe that.

I remember that swell. Surfed maxed out Rincon and then Campus Point. CP was better, but all-time crowded.

#2896578 - 01/10/19 06:34 PM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: StuAzole]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
Swell of 69 was better ;-)

#2896806 - 01/11/19 12:28 PM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: StuAzole]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: StuAzole

I remember that swell. Surfed maxed out Rincon and then Campus Point. CP was better, but all-time crowded.

If it's the swell I'm thinking of, I was surfing solo out at Strand. Perfect, very large peaks that were very difficult to paddle into with hard offshore wind. I distinctly remember one wave where wind was coming up the face so hard, it got under my board, just lifted me up into the sky and over the back of the wave. Cruel - it would have been a good wave too. roflmao

Russ Meyer

#2897073 - 01/11/19 11:22 PM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: Duffy]
HarryLopez Online   content
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Neck deep
Dorm room was in Santa Cruz freshman year, very short walk to surf. Those Gaucho days were epic! jam_on wave2

#2897087 - 01/12/19 12:10 AM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: Duffy]
hammies Online   content
Michael Peterson status

I used to know a local Goleta guy who painted "NO STUS" on the butt of his wetsuit in white. He would paddle out at Campus or Devereaux and drop in on anybody he didn't know.

#2897098 - 01/12/19 12:35 AM Re: Go to Santa Barbara and you will die.... [Re: hammies]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Originally Posted By: hammies
I used to know a local Goleta guy who painted "NO STUS" on the butt of his wetsuit in white. He would paddle out at Campus or Devereaux and drop in on anybody he didn't know.

roflmao reminds me of people that complain about parking and kids that bought a house near an elementary school.

Just like anything, show respect get respect. I never got any shit surfing up there and I surfed spots I supposedly "wasn't supposed to"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32