REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: mundus] #2895648
01/08/19 09:07 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: mundus
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Or, just decline to comply and suffer the consequences.
Then when they get sick or hurt they go to Emergency room and rest of us get to pay for it.

"suffer the consequences" doesn't mean much when there are no consequences, or when the consequences are insufficient to coerce compliance.

I know people who have gone commando from the outset because the fines were but a fraction of the alternative of paying the costs for services they never use. Most of us probably know people like that.

#sowhat
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: manbearpig] #2895649
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

West of the Atlantic. East of...
Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Our doofus governor and democrat controlled legislature imposed the employee mandate at the state level as soon as it was removed at the federal level. The penalty is at the state level not. Sounds like California is fooking its citizens over the same way.

So now youre no longer for states rights? dancing

All for states rights. Trust me, other states are looking better and better all the time than this one. I figure I'll be out of this state within 10 years.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: GromsDad] #2895655
01/08/19 09:16 PM
01/08/19 09:16 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Our doofus governor and democrat controlled legislature imposed the employee mandate at the state level as soon as it was removed at the federal level. The penalty is at the state level not. Sounds like California is fooking its citizens over the same way.

So now you’re no longer for states rights? dancing

All for states rights. Trust me, other states are looking better and better all the time than this one. I figure I'll be out of this state within 10 years.
Go all the way, leave the country please! I hear Russia is nice, we all know you love their propaganda.

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: Wheelhouse] #2895660
01/08/19 09:31 PM
01/08/19 09:31 PM
R
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status
rts265  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

theres a place for people without insurance:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/...eneral-hospital

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: GromsDad] #2895665
01/08/19 09:35 PM
01/08/19 09:35 PM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

So now youre no longer for states rights? dancing

Youre not going to be safe anywhere in 10 years. roflmao

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: GDaddy] #2895675
01/08/19 09:54 PM
01/08/19 09:54 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Then when they get sick or hurt they go to Emergency room and rest of us get to pay for it.

"suffer the consequences" doesn't mean much when there are no consequences, or when the consequences are insufficient to coerce compliance.

I know people who have gone commando from the outset because the fines were but a fraction of the alternative of paying the costs for services they never use. Most of us probably know people like that.

I dont hang out with criminals and mooches.

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: GDaddy] #2895679
01/08/19 09:57 PM
01/08/19 09:57 PM
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
M

Yes, they are called free loading scumbags.

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: FecalFace] #2895680
01/08/19 09:58 PM
01/08/19 09:58 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
No drug users or speeders or tax cheats or smog violators?

Duly noted.

#sowhat
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: GDaddy] #2895692
01/08/19 10:32 PM
01/08/19 10:32 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom

Duly noted.

Surfing is dangerous too.

I refuse to pay health care insurance for surfers.

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: mundus] #2895720
01/08/19 11:31 PM
01/08/19 11:31 PM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
T

north of the bridge

Yes, they are called free loading scumbags.

if one isn't using the services, then I don't think the free loading bit fits.

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: FecalFace] #2895722
01/08/19 11:36 PM
01/08/19 11:36 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Originally Posted By: FecalFace

Duly noted.

What if you are vibed though??

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: FecalFace] #2895725
01/08/19 11:40 PM
01/08/19 11:40 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad

Duly noted.

You shouldn't. That's the whole point.

#sowhat
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: GDaddy] #2895791
01/09/19 02:18 AM
01/09/19 02:18 AM
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status

I think tax funded, federally administered healthcare is a great idea. I dont see any downside except for those in for-profit healthcare management, who account for an unreasonable percentage of our healthcare costs. Obamacare has opened the door to this type of medical care and Republicans are probably not going to be able to close it again, regardless of how much money they throw at it.

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: GDaddy] #2895797
01/09/19 02:47 AM
01/09/19 02:47 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom

Duly noted.

What do you mean you shouldn't?

If you have insurance, you are already paying for smokers, heart attackers and people who take risks.

You okay with that?

You and ifail don't know how risk pools work apparently.

Whether it's provided by eval gubmint or Blue Cross, it works exactly the same.

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: FecalFace] #2895798
01/09/19 02:49 AM
01/09/19 02:49 AM
In Gods Country
C
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status
CharmingSophisticate  Offline
Duke status
C

In Gods Country

Duly noted.

What do you mean you shouldn't?

If you have insurance, you are already paying for smokers, heart attackers and people who take risks.

You okay with that?
And they pay more, bonehead.

"...now tell me that wasn't fun!" Capt. Jack Aubrey
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32