REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone #2895362
01/08/19 04:53 AM
01/08/19 04:53 AM
W
Wheelhouse Offline OP
Nep status
Wheelhouse  Offline OP
Nep status
W

R U fking kidding.

His plan would reinstate the individual mandate, a tax on people who dont have insurance that was part of the federal Affordable Care Act. Congress revoked it in 2017, allowing people to opt out of having health insurance without a penalty.

Newsoms announcement Monday includes a budget proposal to expand Medi-Cal eligibility to young adults living in the country illegally. Currently, children without legal status are eligible for Medi-Cal benefits until they turn 19. Newsom wants to extend that age limit to age 26.

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: Wheelhouse] #2895368
01/08/19 05:23 AM
01/08/19 05:23 AM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

The horror.

Bock you
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: Wheelhouse] #2895370
01/08/19 05:29 AM
01/08/19 05:29 AM
In Gods Country
C
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status
CharmingSophisticate  Offline
Duke status
C

In Gods Country
He's so generous (with other peoples money)!

"...now tell me that wasn't fun!" Capt. Jack Aubrey
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: Wheelhouse] #2895371
01/08/19 05:31 AM
01/08/19 05:31 AM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Love watching Trumptard heads exploding over California becoming an actual civilized Western Country.

Move to Floriduh and live with your people.

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: Wheelhouse] #2895373
01/08/19 05:44 AM
01/08/19 05:44 AM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
Im just here for the conservative tears dancing

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: Wheelhouse] #2895374
01/08/19 05:51 AM
01/08/19 05:51 AM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Yeah, better that they just end up in the ER with bills that they will never pay and end up being eaten by private enterprise and taxpayers. That's the ticket foreheadslap

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: FecalFace] #2895413
01/08/19 01:28 PM
01/08/19 01:28 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Love watching Trumptard heads exploding over California becoming an actual civilized Western Country.

You're insane

Fining people who can't afford insurance while giving "free" insurance to people who aren't even citizens?

I understand you're always down with handouts, but why would you want to make those who are already poor have more costs?

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: grapedrink] #2895415
01/08/19 01:29 PM
01/08/19 01:29 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Yeah, better that they just end up in the ER with bills that they will never pay and end up being eaten by private enterprise and taxpayers. That's the ticket foreheadslap

So instead just make everyone pay for it by paying companies that are picked and chosen by the government and have no real market controls on their pricing. Oh yeah, these people aren't even citizens. Actual citizens will be fined for not being able to afford insurance.

Yeah, that's the ticket

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: ifallalot] #2895431
01/08/19 02:14 PM
01/08/19 02:14 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted By: ifallalot

You're insane

Fining people who can't afford insurance while giving "free" insurance to people who aren't even citizens?

I understand you're always down with handouts, but why would you want to make those who are already poor have more costs?

Its not a fvcking hand out. You get health insurance for less money. And everybodys covered so the ERs dont get clogged. And people are not dying.
Hows that bad?

Whos firing people who cant afford insurance wtf are you even talking about.

"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: Wheelhouse] #2895432
01/08/19 02:29 PM
01/08/19 02:29 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Our doofus governor and democrat controlled legislature imposed the employee mandate at the state level as soon as it was removed at the federal level. The penalty is at the state level not. Sounds like California is fooking its citizens over the same way.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: FecalFace] #2895433
01/08/19 02:34 PM
01/08/19 02:34 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA

You're insane

Its not a fvcking hand out. You get health insurance for less money. And everybodys covered so the ERs dont get clogged. And people are not dying.
Hows that bad?

Whos firing people who cant afford insurance wtf are you even talking about.

Giving free insurance to illegal immigrants is absolutely a handout, especially when citizens are fitting the bill AND getting FINED for not having insurance. This isn't EVERYBODY at all, it is a small number of people.

ERs will continue to get clogged regardless. Ever been to an ER? It's not a bunch of illegal immigrant children there, it's the same people that aren't illegal, can't afford insurance, and are being fined because they can't afford to pay insurance.

And bums. Always bums

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: ifallalot] #2895439
01/08/19 02:40 PM
01/08/19 02:40 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline
Duke status
F

your mom
Its good that you are not a neo-fash nativist garbage.

I cant imagine what you would be saying about immigrants if you were.

You are getting fvcking health coverage for your money.

The fact that everybody is covered is just a bonus.

Illegal immigrants also work dummy. If their employers dont want to get them covered, somebody should.

Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: ifallalot] #2895441
01/08/19 02:58 PM
01/08/19 02:58 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach

So instead just make everyone pay for it by paying companies that are picked and chosen by the government and have no real market controls on their pricing. Oh yeah, these people aren't even citizens. Actual citizens will be fined for not being able to afford insurance.

Yeah, that's the ticket

I am in no way endorsing the individual mandate, especially within the context of our current crap system, as a better alternative. We already have medi-cal that covers the poor. Anything that promotes preventative care and keeps people out of ERs is a step in the right direction IMO

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: FecalFace] #2895443
01/08/19 03:00 PM
01/08/19 03:00 PM
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Its good that you are not a neo-fash nativist garbage.

I cant imagine what you would be saying about immigrants if you were.

You are getting fvcking health coverage for your money.

The fact that everybody is covered is just a bonus.

Illegal immigrants also work dummy. If their employers dont want to get them covered, somebody should.

Wow. You are just delusional. Illegals should go back to the country they came from for medical coverage and not impose on the citizens of the country where they are trespassing.

“I always thank God I didn't go to film school because I would have learned that I couldn't be doing what I've been doing already.” - Bruce Brown,
Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: grapedrink] #2895445
01/08/19 03:02 PM
01/08/19 03:02 PM
Your moms house
D
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status
Duffy  Offline
Phil Edwards status
D

Your moms house

I thought illegal immigrants didnt cost us any money...

No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

- The Wasp
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32