REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2896147 - 01/09/19 06:38 PM Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: ifallalot]
1whoknows Online   content
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
I think tax funded, federally administered healthcare is a great idea. I don’t see any downside except for those in for-profit healthcare management, who account for an unreasonable percentage of our healthcare costs. Obamacare has opened the door to this type of medical care and Republicans are probably not going to be able to close it again, regardless of how much money they throw at it.

I guess you've never seen the history of tax funded, federally administered programs

I can see that you are ideologically constrained. Effective tax funded, federally administered programs are a significant and vital part of this country’s history and current functioning. To deny that is simply wrong.

#2896274 - 01/10/19 01:20 AM Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: 1whoknows]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor
Do not question a "patriot"!

#2896335 - 01/10/19 10:27 AM Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: 1whoknows]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
I think tax funded, federally administered healthcare is a great idea. I don’t see any downside except for those in for-profit healthcare management, who account for an unreasonable percentage of our healthcare costs. Obamacare has opened the door to this type of medical care and Republicans are probably not going to be able to close it again, regardless of how much money they throw at it.

I guess you've never seen the history of tax funded, federally administered programs

I can see that you are ideologically constrained. Effective tax funded, federally administered programs are a significant and vital part of this country’s history and current functioning. To deny that is simply wrong.

Your sentence is correct except for one, crucial word. "Effective"

#2896364 - 01/10/19 11:29 AM Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: ifallalot]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

I'm not sure that's the burn you think it is.

#2896374 - 01/10/19 11:44 AM Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: ifallalot]
FecalFace Offline
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor

You are partially right but the problem is that you think that's by default.

There are many effective government services that prove you wrong.

DEEEMVEEE =\= gubmint

#2896412 - 01/10/19 12:50 PM Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: Wheelhouse]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
I was at the auto parts store the other day and one of the guys at the counter was discussing health care politics with a customer.

So I asked him - if this store was operated by the federal gov't instead of Napa how do you think that would affect you? Wages, benefits, working conditions, etc.. How would gov't operation of the auto parts business affect the costs of this part that I just bought?

He knows the answer to that question. We all know the answer to that question. If government enterprise is so much cheaper and/or efficient than capitalistic commerce then why aren't we all working for the State?

#2896450 - 01/10/19 02:01 PM Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: GDaddy]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
I was at the auto parts store the other day and one of the guys at the counter was discussing health care politics with a customer.

So I asked him - if this store was operated by the federal gov't instead of Napa how do you think that would affect you? Wages, benefits, working conditions, etc.. How would gov't operation of the auto parts business affect the costs of this part that I just bought?

He knows the answer to that question. We all know the answer to that question. If government enterprise is so much cheaper and/or efficient than capitalistic commerce then why aren't we all working for the State?

LOL, you asked a guy at an auto parts store about economic impacts of federal management of an auto shop?

First of all, bullshit.

Second of all, did you get his resume and educational experience? I mean, what's his expertise here?

Third, is the auto shop industry the same as healthcare? Do we all put our lives in the hands of the auto shop clerks at NAPA? Are the costs of auto parts so out of control that people literally go bankrupt if their cars break down? Do people die if they can't afford a new set of spark plugs?

Fourth, bullshit.

#2896479 - 01/10/19 03:00 PM Re: Gavin Newsome - insurance for the illegals - mandate for everyone [Re: StuAzole]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
No, i didn't ask about his resume nor do I think it's relevant to the question. Compare them on the equal basis - let's assume for the sake of discussion that this guy had 10 years in this job at NAPA. Do you think this retail worker's compensation package and working conditions would be the same, better or worse if he worked for gov't?

And secondly, why should we consider ANY occupation other than military service or public safety to be so important to society that it be treated differently than the commensurate functions in commerce? Mind you, I'm not suggesting a libertarian approach to everything gov't already does but rather the premise that only gov't can adequately deliver this service.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32