REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2895896 - 01/09/19 09:58 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: retodd]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
My Placements change with size of the board

Size of fins change also

#2895898 - 01/09/19 09:59 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: tedshred5]
retodd Offline
Duke status

While lowers can be a bit boring

It gives us the viewer a nice consistent wave to make our own judgement on

He can do lots of moves on one wave

It would take 1 year to do a review if he surfed El Porto Pottie

#2895900 - 01/09/19 10:03 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: retodd]
silentbutdeadly Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Originally Posted By: retodd

I can see both sides. I completely see your point but at least for the grovelers I would prefer to see some waves in really small shit surf. 80 percent of the waves he rides on grovelers at lowers I'd be on my every day shortboard and I'm a kook.

#2895904 - 01/09/19 10:09 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: tedshred5]
retodd Offline
Duke status

Maybe its up to the viewer to send in soloshot clips of the chitty surf llololol

#2895907 - 01/09/19 10:14 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: retodd]
silentbutdeadly Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
roflmao

#2896063 - 01/09/19 02:22 PM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: jkb]
Maz Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Innzid
Originally Posted By: jkb
I liked this one. I thought the board looked good.

That other guy surfs better than Noah.

Agree. The guy absolutely rips, and looks like a 'natural' surfer, as opposed to someone who's had to work really hard on it.

Funny that the smaller board (with ridiculously low volume, imho) looked perfect for him, while Noel S still could benefit from more board (again, imho).

Board looked really good. How did Xanadu drop off the radar?

#2896224 - 01/09/19 09:31 PM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: retodd]
deforest Offline
Nep status

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: retodd

El Porto looked pretty epic today! You could probably do a sick review in 1 day! haha.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsbqd9En1Zm/

Today 01/09/19
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsbn-uhHFGL/

#2896293 - 01/10/19 06:31 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: Maz]
surfwhere Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Norf Cackalacka
not sure if he got tied up into Chna stuff when thar was happening or surf shops hard to manage or being unique, boards always been good, call to order, you'll be stoked

#2896342 - 01/10/19 10:37 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: tedshred5]
BillyOcean Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

When guys rip too hard in these reviews I dont find it very helpful because they probably rip on anything

I like that Aussie guy Craigs review the best because he is mortal

#2896353 - 01/10/19 11:05 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: Maz]
grendel95 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: SJC
Originally Posted By: Maz

Agree. The guy absolutely rips, and looks like a 'natural' surfer, as opposed to someone who's had to work really hard on it.

Funny that the smaller board (with ridiculously low volume, imho) looked perfect for him, while Noel S still could benefit from more board (again, imho).

I surfed against Max Hoshino in college NSSA's, which were surprisingly competitive. I always liked his style and am stoked to see him appear out of thin air still shredding.

He took a year off before med school to compete on the 'QS, not sure how far he got in the ratings.

#2896357 - 01/10/19 11:14 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: tedshred5]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Living in Florida, these waves are all hilariously good.

The onshore chest-head high section fests Benny's Mini Me goes out in; I f-----g dream of March for a couple days like that. Just a couple days with speed to burn, a lip, and zero kooks on boards they can't duck dive.

Salsa is a hobbit and appears to frequent mid-week Lowers. Yeah, if I could get a peak takeoff with a tapered wall bending at me, in the stomach-head high range....yeah.

It's like SBD said. I'm thinking about boards in conditions like one or two of the Japanese lost videos, or that recently posted Curren clip at knee high pier waves.

mfw taking fins and nuggets to board and bong pre-surf if Slopteenth Ave North has conditions for most "grovel board" reviews:

#2896707 - 01/11/19 01:17 AM Re: Xanadu on Surf n Show [Re: grendel95]
tedshred Offline
Nep status

Originally Posted By: grendel95
Originally Posted By: Maz

I surfed against Max Hoshino in college NSSA's, which were surprisingly competitive. I always liked his style and am stoked to see him appear out of thin air still shredding.

He took a year off before med school to compete on the 'QS, not sure how far he got in the ratings.

Ha surfed against him too. One of those guys that can get in a rhythm and do like 6 turns on a waist high wave. IIRC he surfed for UCSD.

Keep in mind he's mid-late 30's vs Noel whose got to be mid late 40's.

Edited by tedshred (01/11/19 01:18 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3