REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2896581 - 01/10/19 06:45 PM Re: Can we talk about white supremacy? [Re: grapedrink]
DerDer Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: San Diego
Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
All you have to do is give up surfing and good pizza then you can live basically anywhere like a king

Good pizza is tough to find in California. It can be found, but the median/average is bleh. 90% of it is mostly thin cracker crust crap, or Round Table style where there the sauce and cheese goes all the way to the edge of the pan with no crust to hold on to. If not that, there's some other flaw.

That being said, pizza is a sacrifice I can make for the surf and weather beer

There's been a big influx of good Neapolitan-style pizza in San Diego!

#2896584 - 01/10/19 06:49 PM Re: Can we talk about white supremacy? [Re: grapedrink]
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: grapedrink
All you have to do is give up surfing and good pizza then you can live basically anywhere like a king

Good pizza is tough to find in California. It can be found, but the median/average is bleh. 90% of it is mostly thin cracker crust crap, or Round Table style where there the sauce and cheese goes all the way to the edge of the pan with no crust to hold on to. If not that, there's some other flaw.

That being said, pizza is a sacrifice I can make for the surf and weather beer

This is shocking

You have the best ingredients

You have people who can cook

What is the issue?

#2896585 - 01/10/19 06:50 PM Re: Can we talk about white supremacy? [Re: casa_mugrienta]
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status

Is it the water? Does it f up the dough?

#2896586 - 01/10/19 06:58 PM Re: Can we talk about white supremacy? [Re: BillyOcean]
DerDer Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: San Diego

I've heard of some chef's using RO water then adding minerals to replicate east coast water. I know many brewers do the same thing to replicate water from Germany, etc.

#2896592 - 01/10/19 07:16 PM Re: Can we talk about white supremacy? [Re: BillyOcean]
grapedrink Online   happy
Phil Edwards status

Loc: A Beach

A lot of California water is high pH/salts/carbonates, which probably does not help. I wont even cook pasta or rice with the tap water. I have an under the sink RO that feeds into my fridge that I use for cooking and coffee.

But to answer your question, IMO its mostly cultural and competition based. When you have a pizzeria on every corner, you need to step up your game to stay in business. When there isn't much competition, you dont have to be that good to stay in business, nor do you (or your customers) have a concept of what good pizza is.

In general, the east coast is better for take out, while the west coast is better for cuisine. Mexican being the exception in favor of the west coast beer

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32