REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2896617 - 01/10/19 08:01 PM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: deforest]
retodd Offline
Duke status

I was told GG went to knee riding so he could get more toobs
Essentially ride the lowest volume board possible and swim into waves with giant swim fins

#2896631 - 01/10/19 08:42 PM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: deforest]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: deforest
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: Greg Griffin
Greenough not being a surfer

What was he ?
windsurfer and kneeboarder.

Come the fvck on already foreheadslap crazy2 roflmao

Greenough was stand up surfing decades ago prior to riding kneeboards.

You're trolling again.
You got any proof?

There's either one of two things going on:

A)You don't know the readily available facts... yet have decided to make authoritative statements on a subject.

or

B)You're trolling by stating information you know is false.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and hoping it's option B.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2896636 - 01/10/19 08:54 PM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: Greg Griffin]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

"the clubs only non-surfing member. He never stood up on his board,"

The person who wrote this is an IDIOT

Soo much documentation of George surfing waves = SURFER

Yes.

a) The man spent his early years standing up on surfboard and surfed = SURFER.
b) The man spent many years riding kneeboards and spoons and ripping on them = SURFER
c) The man lived and breathed surfing lived and in his car and the bush all around Australia through the 1960s surfing = SURFER
d) Riding kneeboards = SURFING. If there's any doubt in anyone's mind it's because of the bubble they live in. There is plenty of documentation of kneeboarding's glory days in old isssues of ER and ING (as if that matters but the images are great). And a kneeboarder ripping a good wave is a beautiful thing to behold.

I could go on but I'll stop there.

#2896640 - 01/10/19 08:58 PM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: Greg Griffin]
deforest Offline
Nep status

Loc: California

From what i could find, that article was written by either Mike or Kerry who run the website that is called "Weekend Hippie" that posted the article. They are a Santa Barbara couple. The quote they used (which you're referring to) was by a man named Arlen Knight from Santa Barbara, and oddly enough the internet shows there was a census done in 1940 that shows a boy named Arlen Knight who was 11 in 1940 that lived at 1000 San Diego Rd., Santa Barbara, CA 93103. Which means this kid would have been around the same age as Greenough in the late 50's early 60's (maybe a little older).

Seems legit??

#2896644 - 01/10/19 09:14 PM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: deforest]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
who was 11 in 1940

11 years + 79 more = drowning

Sounds LEGIT !!!! dancing

Thank Al Gore for the Internet jam_on

#2896656 - 01/10/19 09:54 PM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: deforest]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

From what i could find, that article was written by either Mike or Kerry who run the website that is called "Weekend Hippie" that posted the article. They are a Santa Barbara couple. The quote they used (which you're referring to) was by a man named Arlen Knight from Santa Barbara, and oddly enough the internet shows there was a census done in 1940 that shows a boy named Arlen Knight who was 11 in 1940 that lived at 1000 San Diego Rd., Santa Barbara, CA 93103. Which means this kid would have been around the same age as Greenough in the late 50's early 60's (maybe a little older).

Seems legit??

I will take Matt Warshaw's word.

I will take Greenough's word.

I will take the image of him as a child with a surfboard as evidence as well.

#2896658 - 01/10/19 10:03 PM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: deforest]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

And I will reiterate.

Even if he had never stood up - despite the fact we know he DID stand up - and wouldn't matter.

He is/was a surfer, more than 99% of people on this forum will ever be surfers.

You should watch "The Innermost Limits of Pure Fun" It is full of pure unadulterated surfing and culture the way things used to be when it seems they were a while lot better. Then watch "Crystal Voyager" for a little glimpse into George's life.

Amazing humans that existed before Instagram, the WSL, Kelly's pool, and all the other bullshit.

#2896681 - 01/10/19 11:09 PM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: deforest]
ghostshaper Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: 1134
You guys are wasting your breath.

When you've taken up surfing in the last 5 years or so, and you wanna argue b/c you read it on the interwebz, then you have this place. #adultlearner #kookstoke

#2896718 - 01/11/19 03:11 AM Re: New Boardroom Podcast - DANIEL "TOMO" THOMSON [Re: deforest]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Crystal Voyager will always be one of the greatest surf films ever made. I remember watching it as a kid in my bodyboarding days and thinking, "I wanna get some of those!"

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5