REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2891880 - 12/28/18 07:48 PM Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!!
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Had the opportunity to feel one of these up the other day. Intriguing to say the least. Such a radical departure from anything else out there. You think Rusty makes some flat decks... this deck is flat to an extreme. Down rails through the nose.

A few days later I'm still tripping out on it, cannot imagine it's easy to surf and it was actually a bit intimidating but for man I want to try one so bad...

https://www.rustysurfboards.com/blade

https://www.rustysurfboards.com/blog/the-history-behind-the-blade/

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2891909 - 12/28/18 09:35 PM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
sushipop Offline
Nep status

Loc: The Dagobah System
I couldnt pay attention to anything in that video because that kids haircut was so effen stupid.

That being said, would bang (the board, not the kid with the stupid haircut).

#2891911 - 12/28/18 09:39 PM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Duffy Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Your moms house
Put deep double concave instead of channels and you have a CI Dagger.

- The Wasp

#2891959 - 12/29/18 07:48 AM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: Duffy]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Duffy
Put deep double concave instead of channels and you have a CI Dagger.

The foil looked/felt quite a bit different than the Dagger. Dagger is much more foiled.

#2891964 - 12/29/18 08:21 AM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
retodd Offline
Duke status

I was talking with Royce today about this one

It sounds epic

#2891965 - 12/29/18 08:28 AM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
retodd Offline
Duke status

Most excited about the subtle single to double version

It's on my 2019 wish list

#2891996 - 12/29/18 10:45 AM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
I love it. Looks like 1985

#2892245 - 12/30/18 04:19 AM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Hopeless Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

I love that Rusty makes boards that are different to the CI/Lost/JS/DHD standard fare.

#2892254 - 12/30/18 07:38 AM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: Hopeless]
surfwhere Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Norf Cackalacka
[quote=Hopeless]I love that Rusty makes boards that are different to the CI/Lost/JS/DHD standard fare. [/quoteI

I don't see that unless you can explain. Lots of different outlines, bottoms, and rockers from all. AND you can order custom from all of them. CI will put channels in a Flyer if you ask. That's been available for years. And they can add foil to a Dagger if you're inclined. Sweet board but R.'s with channels got to be kinda pricey.

#2892255 - 12/30/18 07:53 AM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: surfwhere]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: surfwhere
[quote=Hopeless]I love that Rusty makes boards that are different to the CI/Lost/JS/DHD standard fare. [/quoteI

I don't see that unless you can explain. Lots of different outlines, bottoms, and rockers from all. AND you can order custom from all of them. CI will put channels in a Flyer if you ask. That's been available for years. And they can add foil to a Dagger if you're inclined. Sweet board but R.'s with channels got to be kinda pricey.

As far as stock boards, if you ever have chance to visit the warehouse the boards have a noticeably different style than pretty much everyone else out there.

And as far as performance boards go you're not going to find anything like the Whiplash there.

#2892345 - 12/30/18 03:40 PM Re: Rusty - THE BLADE - !!!!!!!! [Re: surfwhere]
Hopeless Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: surfwhere

I totally agree that the other big manufacturers have a custom arm which can make whatever you want. My point was that Rusty is doing it more in stock boards - super flat decks, venturi bottoms, etc.