REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2893738 - 01/04/19 02:14 AM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: 000]
toPBk Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: North Pacific Beach, CA
Originally Posted By: 000
i have no access to the ranch
i will never go there
but i think its beautiful as is and should remain private

IMO perfectly stated!

(and I Amtracked to Scout event in Oregon summer of 2017 while watching cute lil SW fill in through there - so awesome - so -- dare I say pristine - log paradise on those days!! and holy poop the inshore KELP - spearo's dreams as well!!! no need for all us f_ucktards to go ruiing that (seriously))

#2893741 - 01/04/19 02:44 AM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: toPBk]
jettylocal Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: toPBk
Originally Posted By: 000
i have no access to the ranch
i will never go there
but i think its beautiful as is and should remain private

IMO perfectly stated!

(and I Amtracked to Scout event in Oregon summer of 2017 while watching cute lil SW fill in through there - so awesome - so -- dare I say pristine - log paradise on those days!! and holy poop the inshore KELP - spearo's dreams as well!!! no need for all us f_ucktards to go ruiing that (seriously))

I don't know exactly what has happened over the past year especially, but the spots I've always surfed are unbearable now. Whenever I see a local, they're off to the side looking dejected or fighting at the peak while a bunch of clueless joe's drop in and go left on rights and vice versa. Parents going straight to the peak and pushing their kids into sets. All new faces that seemingly don't work or go to school and are out there all day, every day. It's the worst.

Like 000, I'll probably never go there, but I've always admired and dreamed about that place since I was a kid. Public access would ruin it virtually overnight.

#2893813 - 01/04/19 10:52 AM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Bonzer5Fin]
perfect_wave Offline
Grom

My take on this is they should leave the Ranch alone and keep it private.
Even if the walking/biking trail is 10 miles, the masses will come, bring their f-ing e-bikes (think trestles) and trample all over the place. The ranch owners are also hypocrites about preservationthey drive trucks on the beach, ride their e-bikes, bring dogs on the beach, etc. And cattle ranches are not environmentally friendly.

Seems like most of the time, the waves at the Ranch are mushburgers. Sure, there are primo days at the primo spots, but Im thinking for that amount of money, you could do many, many trips to Central America and get way better, way more consistent waves if you know where to go.

Edited by perfect_wave (01/04/19 10:53 AM)

#2893834 - 01/04/19 11:24 AM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Bonzer5Fin]
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: California/Hawaii
Every time I see threads like this I'm just glad the military bases in California and Hawaii still have some prime surf spots. Public access ruins things because human beings and a lot of "surfers" are greedy and self absorbed a-holes. At least every surf spot on the planet won't be ruined by complainers that think they should be given access to private land.

I live nowhere near the ranch and will likely never surf it. But, I think it should remain as is. If you want it then you have to work for it.

Edited by Muscles (01/04/19 11:26 AM)

#2893849 - 01/04/19 11:54 AM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Bonzer5Fin]
HarryLopez Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Neck deep
Keep it private. Fck the public. Have you ridden the public bus recently... you want those people in charge?

#2893951 - 01/04/19 01:54 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Muscles]
perfect_wave Offline
Grom

Originally Posted By: Muscles
Every time I see threads like this I'm just glad the military bases in California and Hawaii still have some prime surf spots. Public access ruins things because human beings and a lot of "surfers" are greedy and self absorbed a-holes. At least every surf spot on the planet won't be ruined by complainers that think they should be given access to private land.

I live nowhere near the ranch and will likely never surf it. But, I think it should remain as is. If you want it then you have to work for it.

Yep, you nailed it. Surfers are the WORST.

#2894092 - 01/04/19 05:32 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Muscles]
StinkinHippie Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: Muscles

I surfed Mugu in July on that XL hurricane swell. Was epic but 100 guys out.

#2894095 - 01/04/19 05:34 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: StinkinHippie]
StinkinHippie Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

If there are any folks with ranch access, I'll gladly trade some days there for some summer days at Mugu. Serious offer.

#2894104 - 01/04/19 05:45 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Bonzer5Fin]
Muscles Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: California/Hawaii
Never surfed Mugu but I've been there for work and seen it going off with no one in sight since it was a mid morning weekday.

Did have some epic days on Pendleton when I lived in California. There were times when the Oside jetty would be packed and the base side would have three people out. Same with Chuch just past San O. Although you could technically walk up the beach most people didn't unless the swell was big. I've surfed there a bunch with only a handful of others.

Oahu has some epic breaks on base and the base keeps it locked down tight. I've caught some epic swells with less than 10 people in the water.

#2894122 - 01/04/19 08:34 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: StinkinHippie]
Duffy Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Your moms house
Originally Posted By: StinkinHippie
If there are any folks with ranch access, I'll gladly trade some days there for some summer days at Mugu. Serious offer.

I used to do contract work on Mugu.

Good times.

That wave is ridiculous.

- The Wasp

#2894258 - 01/05/19 11:23 AM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: StinkinHippie]
Bohter Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: StinkinHippie

Hmmmm....
Interesting trade....but not interested in Mugu.....how much would you be willing to pay for a day by boat....assuming you're capable and comfortable with a sometimes sketchy beach launch. FE discussion included at no charge monkey .

PS: Y'all seem to have the right attitude re public access....please take the time to make your opinion known to the Gaviota Conservancy and Gaviota Trail Alliance.

#2894290 - 01/05/19 12:27 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Bohter]
StinkinHippie Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Not interested in Mugu? How come?

The week before the XL day, I surfed it with 3 other guys. Over head offshore, perfect barrels.

And the day after the XL day, me and 2 spongers. Firing.

#2894291 - 01/05/19 12:28 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: StinkinHippie]
StinkinHippie Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

I would offer $200 plus gas.

#2894297 - 01/05/19 12:45 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Bonzer5Fin]
rts265 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Give access to the ranch in lemoore

#2912029 - 02/11/19 03:04 PM Re: The Ranch to get public access? [Re: Bonzer5Fin]
JBerry Offline
Grom

and there you have it........

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m...0211-story.html

to be continued.....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32