REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2893477 - 01/03/19 11:46 AM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: xmesa]
jkb Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Oceansuck
Originally Posted By: xmesa
there was an episode with a shaper who said offhandedly that he managed custom orders through his website and the customer could check in on order status... does anyone remember who that was? it was a smaller label if memory serves, i've heard so many of these that they start to bleed together.

XTR. They have a spreadsheet that they update weekly where you can check the status of your board build.

#2893483 - 01/03/19 11:59 AM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: silentbutdeadly]
mundus Offline
Michael Peterson status

In Chaz's defense his North Shore book was a great read.

#2893492 - 01/03/19 12:43 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: silentbutdeadly]
paunch23 Online   content
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, D...
surf splendor:
matt biolos is really really good
all of the Parmenter ones are good, and
the one with the waterman's guild owner!! very good shaka

Edited by paunch23 (01/03/19 12:44 PM)

#2894195 - 01/05/19 03:52 AM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: silentbutdeadly]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Surf Spendor's interview with Derek Hynd is beyond epic. The bit where he described the surf incident that cost him his sight in one eye will shock you, make you laugh, grimace and groan all within 20 minutes...

#2894345 - 01/05/19 03:07 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: jkb]
xmesa Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Originally Posted By: jkb
there was an episode with a shaper who said offhandedly that he managed custom orders through his website and the customer could check in on order status... does anyone remember who that was? it was a smaller label if memory serves, i've heard so many of these that they start to bleed together.

XTR. They have a spreadsheet that they update weekly where you can check the status of your board build.

For sure that was one - but there was someone else... i thought it was parmenter or timmy patterson but i think i'm wrong on both counts. it was someone who i didn't expect to take a digital approach to order management, for whatever reason.

the spreadsheet system seems like take a lot of work. order cards with QR's an some dedicated phones in the shop to snap pictures at each step might fit the workflow better / give better results

#2894353 - 01/05/19 03:31 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: xmesa]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Damn the eye story with Derek Hynd is crazy.

#2894494 - 01/05/19 10:28 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: silentbutdeadly]
xmesa Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

^ seriously.

I love the guys and am very grateful too for the content... that said, the latest one with Devin and Chas was a cringeathon. christ from the foil opinions to hearing them say "Le QWA" (La Croix) over and over again, jesus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-pronounce-lacroix-water-2016-9?r=UK&IR=T

Edited by xmesa (01/05/19 10:28 PM)

#2894497 - 01/05/19 10:34 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: xmesa]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
It's actually pronounced "shit" cause it sucks and I don't understand why people like it.

#2894748 - 01/06/19 04:19 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: xmesa]
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status

^ seriously.

I love the guys and am very grateful too for the content... that said, the latest one with Devin and Chas was a cringeathon. christ from the foil opinions to hearing them say "Le QWA" (La Croix) over and over again, jesus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-pronounce-lacroix-water-2016-9?r=UK&IR=T

I liked it. Made me laugh. They're not taking things seriously. They're just shooting the shit and taking the piss!

#2894807 - 01/06/19 07:15 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: ghostshaper]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Loc: Kek Point
Originally Posted By: ghostshaper
Originally Posted By: shaheeb
scales mostly seems sincere. chas seems like he has an axe to grind and may just very well be a kook which is ok? i guess?

dont mind bass too much b/c he goes for some really good guys, really appreciate the biolas, timmy patterson etc....keep it coming and thanks for the hard work... way better than i or many of us could do...

He is a kook. There's a video of him at Kelly's ranch and he can barely pump down the line.

The wave you're referring to shows him surfing better than 75% of the people in the water.

Would you go balls out on what was your first of maybe 2 or 3 waves at the Surf Ranch?

No. You would take it easy and get a feel, than maybe a barrel at the end like Chas.

Quote:
What's better is that beachgrit makes fun of the new wsl guy for being an adult learner, when clearly chas is.

confused2

Chas has surfed since he was a kid. He grew up in Coos Bay. So my guess is he isn't a kook or an adult learner but a surf addict.

Quote:
Now that I know he can't surf, it makes all his BS he spews even more bs. Like some people that post here. rolleyes

What has Chas spewed that's BS?

From what I've heard most people in surfing outside of WSL management/investors and the STAB advertorial group like the guy.

"Lots of trigger points up the pooper.
If they are causing the problem, realeasing them will help
I tried to talk my PT into doing it." -Autoprax

#2894809 - 01/06/19 07:25 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: silentbutdeadly]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

MICHAEL TOMSON
MICHAEL TOMSON
MICHAEL TOMSON

Does anyone have the balls to get this guy on a podcast???

He's by far one of the most interesting characters in surfing.
Great surfer
Great surf journalist
Founder of Gotcha
South African
Brother of Shaun
World traveler
wildman
etc.

#2894812 - 01/06/19 07:27 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: silentbutdeadly]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

And if someone does Mike they might as well do Shawn Stussy.

#2894837 - 01/06/19 09:10 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ghostshaper Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: 1134
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: ghostshaper
Originally Posted By: shaheeb
scales mostly seems sincere. chas seems like he has an axe to grind and may just very well be a kook which is ok? i guess?

dont mind bass too much b/c he goes for some really good guys, really appreciate the biolas, timmy patterson etc....keep it coming and thanks for the hard work... way better than i or many of us could do...

He is a kook. There's a video of him at Kelly's ranch and he can barely pump down the line.

The wave you're referring to shows him surfing better than 75% of the people in the water.

Would you go balls out on what was your first of maybe 2 or 3 waves at the Surf Ranch?

No. You would take it easy and get a feel, than maybe a barrel at the end like Chas.

Quote:
What's better is that beachgrit makes fun of the new wsl guy for being an adult learner, when clearly chas is.

confused2

Chas has surfed since he was a kid. He grew up in Coos Bay. So my guess is he isn't a kook or an adult learner but a surf addict.

Quote:
Now that I know he can't surf, it makes all his BS he spews even more bs. Like some people that post here. rolleyes

What has Chas spewed that's BS?

From what I've heard most people in surfing outside of WSL management/investors and the STAB advertorial group like the guy.

Even if someone is just cruising, it's easy to tell if they can surf or not. He clearly can't. Have another video of him?

His strong opinions mean as much as Erik Logan's. Adult learner, Johnny come lately kook stoke.

#2894849 - 01/06/19 09:35 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status

Loc: Palm Coast , Florida
MICHAEL TOMSON
MICHAEL TOMSON
MICHAEL TOMSON

Casa , do you know what he did to the Kammie family on the North Shore ?

#2894875 - 01/06/19 11:29 PM Re: ***Official Surf Podcast Thread*** [Re: Greg Griffin]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Greg Griffin
MICHAEL TOMSON
MICHAEL TOMSON
MICHAEL TOMSON

Casa , do you know what he did to the Kammie family on the North Shore ?

Mike or Quik?

I don't now the details of the arrangement.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >