REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
View All Topics Index
#2892167 - 12/29/18 08:18 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: squidley]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
Squid clearly isn’t mentally fit to own a firearm. He’s going to pop any day now.

#2892170 - 12/29/18 08:27 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: squidley]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: squidley
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
Oddly enough nobody is concerned why undocumented immigrants have easy access to firearms.

My question too. The law forbids non-citizens from possessing firearms.

So leftists want us to pass laws against anyone owning, either certain firearms, or all firearms ....even though this episode proves that laws which prevent firearm possession......

....DON'T WORK against criminals. The effect would be to disarm people who want nothing more than to defend themselves.

Almost every illegal firearm starts its life as a legal firearm.

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole

#2892171 - 12/29/18 08:32 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: frvcvs]
squidley Offline
Miki Dora status

Oddly enough nobody is concerned why undocumented immigrants have easy access to firearms.

My question too. The law forbids non-citizens from possessing firearms.

So leftists want us to pass laws against anyone owning, either certain firearms, or all firearms ....even though this episode proves that laws which prevent firearm possession......

....DON'T WORK against criminals. The effect would be to disarm people who want nothing more than to defend themselves.

Almost every illegal firearm starts its life as a legal firearm.

Almost every legal firearm starts its life as a legal firearm. The problem is criminals and criminal behavior.

#2892176 - 12/29/18 08:44 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: frvcvs]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA

Do you honestly think that would change with even stricter gun laws?

Only way is to make all gun and ammo ownership completely illegal with huge fines and prison sentences for even SEEING one in possession (other than police and military). No other option would come close to preventing illegal immigrants and/or criminals from carrying. Even THAT strict a policy wouldn't deter it completely. Their would be hoards of stashes all over, without Orwellian watch on every one at every move, 24/7/365.

A liberal progressives Utopian dream come true.

Problem with that dream, is guns and ammo would replace drugs and human traffiking across the Mexican border. So, once again, only criminals would only have weapons.

#2892178 - 12/29/18 08:46 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Wheelhouse]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

144 cops killed in the line of duty in 2018. How many were killed by undocumented migrants?

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole

#2892182 - 12/29/18 09:00 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: frvcvs]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
144 cops killed in the line of duty in 2018. How many were killed by undocumented migrants?

Kind of like asking:

1000 people killed in mass shootings in 2018. How many were killed by NRA members?

#2892184 - 12/29/18 09:07 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Surfdog]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: Surfdog

Do you honestly think that would change with even stricter gun laws?

Only way is to make all gun and ammo ownership completely illegal with huge fines and prison sentences for even SEEING one in possession (other than police and military). No other option would come close to preventing illegal immigrants and/or criminals from carrying. Even THAT strict a policy wouldn't deter it completely. Their would be hoards of stashes all over, without Orwellian watch on every one at every move, 24/7/365.

A liberal progressives Utopian dream come true.

Problem with that dream, is guns and ammo would replace drugs and human traffiking across the Mexican border. So, once again, only criminals would only have weapons.

Not if we build the WALL! Maybe that's the negotiation we need to have - trade guns for the wall. I'd entertain that discussion.

#2892191 - 12/29/18 09:25 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Surfdog]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Surfdog

Kind of like asking:

1000 people killed in mass shootings in 2018. How many were killed by NRA members?

Nobody is accusing the NRA of being murderers. We’re accusing the shit policies and agendas they push of making it easier for murderers to kill.

We can keep legal firearms from becoming illegal firearms by doing things like...

-putting a stop to straw purchases
-making people responsible for securing their weapons properly
-putting a stop to gun show sales and having much stricter requirements for person to person sales.

#2892196 - 12/29/18 09:52 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Wheelhouse]
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: in the bathroom
Surprised some of you are so outraged by this. You’ve already admitted the loss of life is a sacrifice you’re all willing to take for the 2A.

#2892203 - 12/29/18 10:11 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: manbearpig]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Surprised some of you are so outraged by this. You’ve already admitted the loss of life is a sacrifice you’re all willing to take for the 2A.

#bluelivesmatter

#2892211 - 12/29/18 11:04 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: manbearpig]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Your mom’s house
Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Originally Posted By: Wheelhouse

I want to know what the open border camp thinks about this.

Fuk those assholes! Damn this shit pisses me off. Tell that young man's brother that we don't need to get this shit under control. No more fuking excuses. Blood is on all of their hands. Same goes for the anti-death penalty crowd. Fuk you too.

This mirrors the left when they claim the NRA has blood on their hands.

You have more in common with those you despise than you think!

Same coin. Two sides.

- The Wasp

#2892213 - 12/29/18 11:14 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: frvcvs]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Quote:
We can keep legal firearms from becoming illegal firearms by doing things like...

-putting a stop to gun show sales and having much stricter requirements for person to person sales.

Are you not aware that all of is already addressed in the law?

Straw purchases are illegal.

Improper storage that results in a crime being committed with your gun is also a crime for gun owner who improperly stored his or her gun.

Person to person sales must go through a licensed firearms dealer.

- The Wasp

#2892219 - 12/29/18 11:34 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Wheelhouse]
hal9000 Online   content
Tom Curren status

Loc: Urbana, Illinois
Good use of alliteration in the thread title.

#2892236 - 12/30/18 12:43 AM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Duffy]
squidley Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: Duffy
Quote:

Improper storage that results in a crime being committed with your gun is also a crime for gun owner who improperly stored his or her gun.

Federally I believe you are correct on the first point. There is a federal law against straw firearm purchases. I'm not so sure there is a federal law about unsafe firearm storage, but I think states everywhere outlaw it. I believe you're not correct on the third point, at least not federally, and not in most states. However, think about it. There is no way to control a firearm transaction between two private citizens. You wouldn't want to either, because that kind of government overreach is autocratic.

Many firearms get inherited upon death. You gonna make that illegal too?

The subject at hand is the murder of this peace officer. There's a law against this murderer possessing a firearm. He's a criminal alien. What good did a law do against someone who was already a criminal?

Edited by squidley (12/30/18 12:47 AM)

#2892264 - 12/30/18 10:24 AM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: squidley]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: Duffy
Quote:

Federally I believe you are correct on the first point. There is a federal law against straw firearm purchases. I'm not so sure there is a federal law about unsafe firearm storage, but I think states everywhere outlaw it. I believe you're not correct on the third point, at least not federally, and not in most states. However, think about it. There is no way to control a firearm transaction between two private citizens. You wouldn't want to either, because that kind of government overreach is autocratic.

Many firearms get inherited upon death. You gonna make that illegal too?

The subject at hand is the murder of this peace officer. There's a law against this murderer possessing a firearm. He's a criminal alien. What good did a law do against someone who was already a criminal?

Sure, ok.

This murder took place in CA.

All of those things listed have laws that address them in CA.

Also in CA inheritance of an AR15 that has certain cosmetic attributes is currently illegal.

And you are correct that there are laws against non-citizens possessing firearms as well as laws against drunk driving and murder.

There are also laws (in CA) that prevent local law enforcement from cooperating with immigration enforcement.

At least that part of the law was followed....

Edited by Duffy (12/30/18 10:27 AM)

- The Wasp

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32