REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
View All Topics Index
#2895250 - 01/07/19 06:49 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: StuAzole]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Originally Posted By: Surfdog
Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Tracking law breaking immigrants mostly, but others get caught in the melee, too.

Too bad if they hang out with the wrong type of illegals (gangs, drug dealers, human traffic, etc;).

Specifically, they were set up to target criminal enterprises that engaged in cross-border crime.

The complaints coming from inside ICE are that they can't do the job they were tasked to do, because they're chasing around less threatening individuals.

Do you feel safer knowing that?

If it saves the life of one cop, innocent citizen or other illegal immigrant, yes.

I'm sure many busts that were considered "more threatening" produced leads to others potentially as threatening, but maybe not quite as much. So what? lllegal immigrant teens don't all start out "bad" but if sucked into a notorious gang, say MS-13 for instance, they could eventually become ruthless cop killers or threats to their own community.

My community is basically fine (but problems exist not many miles away), but does that make those in their communities feel safe?

#2895255 - 01/07/19 06:58 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Surfdog]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Tracking law breaking immigrants mostly, but others get caught in the melee, too.

Too bad if they hang out with the wrong type of illegals (gangs, drug dealers, human traffic, etc;).

Specifically, they were set up to target criminal enterprises that engaged in cross-border crime.

The complaints coming from inside ICE are that they can't do the job they were tasked to do, because they're chasing around less threatening individuals.

Do you feel safer knowing that?

If it saves the life of one cop, innocent citizen or other illegal immigrant, yes.

I'm sure many busts that were considered "more threatening" produced leads to others potentially as threatening, but maybe not quite as much. So what? lllegal immigrant teens don't all start out "bad" but if sucked into a notorious gang, say MS-13 for instance, they could eventually become ruthless cop killers or threats to their own community.

My community is basically fine (but problems exist not many miles away), but does that make those in their communities feel safe?

LOL. You can ignore anything that doesn't fit your viewpoint, can't you?

The studies are showing that you're safer in a sanctuary area. That's the link I posted. And your response is "well, I don't care because I'd rather save one person who might be killed by an illegal alien"? In other words, you'll trade some crime at the hands of an illegal for more crime, because maybe it won't be at the hands of an illegal?

Brilliant.

#2895264 - 01/07/19 07:09 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: StuAzole]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

There's a "survey" or "study" for everything.......

>>uc-riverside-study-confirms-sanctuaries-not-safer-other-cities <<

#2895267 - 01/07/19 07:20 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Surfdog]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="10525499" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.7913669064748199"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/survey-says-gif-10525499">Survey Says GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/surveysays-gifs">Surveysays GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

There's a "survey" for everything.......

OK, let's take that one too (even though it is more limited to violent crime rather than crime as a whole). It shows no statistically significant difference in crime levels.

So tell me again why you want to spend your city/state's time, money and resources on immigration cooperation? If the additional costs associated with cooperation don't result in any difference in crime levels, why would you incur the additional costs?

Put another way - you have two choices for an investment. You can invest $10 and get $15 back in 12 months OR you can invest $20 and get $15 in 12 months. Even a guy who doesn't appreciate that .18 = 18% can do this math, right?

#2895496 - 01/08/19 12:09 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: StuAzole]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="10525499" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.7913669064748199"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/survey-says-gif-10525499">Survey Says GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/surveysays-gifs">Surveysays GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

OK, let's take that one too (even though it is more limited to violent crime rather than crime as a whole). It shows no statistically significant difference in crime levels.

So tell me again why you want to spend your city/state's time, money and resources on immigration cooperation? If the additional costs associated with cooperation don't result in any difference in crime levels, why would you incur the additional costs?

Put another way - you have two choices for an investment. You can invest $10 and get $15 back in 12 months OR you can invest $20 and get $15 in 12 months. Even a guy who doesn't appreciate that .18 = 18% can do this math, right?

Ya, I guess the money saved makes up for all those needless murders, robberies, rapes, and child molesters that could've been reduced, or even never happened. Sounds like validation of a typical California state guv trade-off. rolleyes

#2895498 - 01/08/19 12:11 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Surfdog]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Ya, I guess the money saved makes up for all those needless murders, robberies, rapes, and child molesters that could've been reduced, or even never happened. Sounds like validation of a typical California state guv trade-off. rolleyes

You just showed me there's no difference in crime rates. And then you jump into all these bad things that will happen without cooperation. But it's the same. You're operating 100% on feelz now.

#2895871 - 01/09/19 07:14 AM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Wheelhouse]
GromsDad Online   content
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and text
This is a bad day for the news media. Lets not kid ourselves, Toobin said on CNN. The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and theyre willing to lie to do it.

#2895958 - 01/09/19 11:15 AM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: GromsDad]
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status

Did he kill more or fewer people than David Long?

#2895964 - 01/09/19 11:19 AM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: GromsDad]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and text

Good question!

Gun has a serial number - who was it originally registered to?

Edited by Kento (01/09/19 11:19 AM)

Russ Meyer

#2896877 - 01/11/19 03:06 PM Re: California Cop Killer Caught - [Re: Wheelhouse]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Another California cop was shot and killed last night. This time by a white male...

Quote:
The gunman had been described as a white man in his 20s, wearing a baseball cap, black jacket, jeans and black tactical boots, UC Davis officials wrote in an emergency alert to students.

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Police-officer-shot-in-downtown-Davis-suspect-13525495.php

Wonder why there's no thread about this one? socrazy

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32