REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2891486 - 12/27/18 03:34 PM Cathay pacific board bag fees
SFsurfer83 Offline
Grom

Loc: Oceanside by way of Pacifica
Anybody flown Cathay pacific over to Indo recently and what was the fees the website shows it might be like 4x the excess bag fees

They are saying length+width+height combined over 80” is 4x charge. My 6-8 bag is exactly 80” but obviously it is wide too

Any help cause the customer service crew just read me the website

#2891493 - 12/27/18 04:14 PM Re: Cathay pacific board bag fees [Re: SFsurfer83]
FresnoRipper Offline
Michael Peterson status

Have a 6'7" Creatures of Leisure bag, but not sure how wide it is. I had 4 boards in there and it was under 50 pounds, which meant it was free to the Ments and back. My buddy's bag was a tad over 50 pounds and we downloaded a few leashes and then it magically was OK.

Definitely the way to go. No charge either way for any of us.

Have fun!

#2891586 - 12/27/18 11:45 PM Re: Cathay pacific board bag fees [Re: SFsurfer83]
SFsurfer83 Offline
Grom

Loc: Oceanside by way of Pacifica
Fresno-

I’ve got the same bag I always tape back the nose to keep it under the 6-8 size rule Where did you fly out of to Indo? Are you from Fresno CA and flew out of SFO? I’m heading to Indo out of SFO

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32