REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2890516 - 12/22/18 10:35 PM PVNS, synectomy, cartilage repairs
dirtandrib Offline
Grom

Loc: NC
I am looking for advice from those who have had knee surgery on their cartilage and synovium and returned to surf.

I am 42 and ride more hspb in North Carolina beach breaks which tends to accent quickness and good knees.

I just underwent arthroscopic knee surgery to repair what was thought to be just some rough edges on my meniscus but the surgeon found a rare joint disease (PVNS) that causes the synovium to grow tumors and a grade 3 hole in my cartilage. He used stem cells to hopefully repair the cartilage and removed (as best he could) the tumors of the synovium. I am now icing and waiting to start PT.

My future with PVNS is more knee surgeries to clean out tumors (they will likely return) until the PVNS has wrecked the knee to where I need a total knee replacement.

I have had cancer and undergone really aggressive chemo so I am not newbie to unpleasant medical treatments, so I accept pain. But I also tend to rush recoveries and make things worse.

My goal is to surf as long as I can, and if possible my present equipment which is more hpsb equipment.

I am interested to hear any advice from those of you who have dealt with this type of knee surgery and recovery.

#2892424 - 12/30/18 08:09 PM Re: PVNS, synectomy, cartilage repairs [Re: dirtandrib]
squidley Offline
Miki Dora status

Tumors are tumors, and they all have the same primary cause .....poor metabolism.

Trust me. I used to have NF1.

https://www.omim.org/entry/162200

"neurofibromatosis type I (NF1) is caused by heterozygous mutation in the neurofibromin gene (NF1; 613113) on chromosome 17q11."

"But squidley, If NF1 is genetically inherited then you can't get rid of it."

Wrong. All tumor diseases, cancer included, happen when the cellular Krebs energy engine stops producing proper energy supplies, and your epigenes lose the ability to seek out healthy genes to code from. I'd venture to say that most of us possess defective genes in DNA locations considered "normal" by the medical community. But, given proper energy sources, our epigenes find healthy alternative genes to code from.

What causes energy loss in the Krebs cycle?

One word ......carbohydrates.

How much carbohydrate do you have to drop in order to cure yourself?

Duh, as much as it takes.

I'm on a purely meat and fat diet .....not because I like it, but because that's what it takes for me.

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32