REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2895925 - 01/09/19 10:36 AM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: 1whoknows]
NDG80 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: LA
looks fun on the cams - cant call in sick today but definitely coming down with something as I type.

#2895930 - 01/09/19 10:39 AM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: 1whoknows]
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status

Any body going to surf Lunada Bay?

#2896008 - 01/09/19 12:14 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: mundus]
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: San Buena Ventura
It's solid DOH at the Point in Ventura. I watched two sets roll in before work and not one person caught a wave. There were some pretty brutal beat downs and a couple of tombstoning boards in the mix. There was so much water moving around that anybody with a board under 7' just got dragged down towards the pier and had to do the "walk of shame" back up to the top. drowning

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

#2896010 - 01/09/19 12:18 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: 1whoknows]
OneWorldEd Offline

Michael Peterson status

Loc: Murrica
Lowers into Middles looks positively dreamy on the cams. Hardly anyone out. C-Street looks drowny.

#2896011 - 01/09/19 12:19 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: SrPato]
rts265 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: SrPato
It's solid DOH at the Point in Ventura. I watched two sets roll in before work and not one person caught a wave. There were some pretty brutal beat downs and a couple of tombstoning boards in the mix. There was so much water moving around that anybody with a board under 7' just got dragged down towards the pier and had to do the "walk of shame" back up to the top. drowning

yep. this is what i figured. probably worse here at red lees spot

#2896040 - 01/09/19 01:29 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: SrPato]
NDG80 Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: LA
It's solid DOH at the Point in Ventura.

And the swell doesnt even peak till tonight. drowning

#2896055 - 01/09/19 01:56 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: 1whoknows]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
barely creeping into oceanside late morning. tomorrow down south will be big.
Just a man and his will to survive

#2896101 - 01/09/19 04:20 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: SrPato]
Duffy Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Your momís house

Surfed a nearby point (just got out). Same size. Little lumpy. Fun.

- The Wasp

#2896105 - 01/09/19 04:31 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: Duffy]
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: San Buena Ventura
Knice Duffy!!!

I stopped by again at lunch and the swell's picking up. Much less people in the water. Lifeguards in pwc's and a boat are keeping an eye on things. Also parked at the top of the dirt lot as well as South side of the pier. I was lucky enough to catch a great dolphin show for about 5 minutes. Lots of leaping and frolicking on the sets. The harbour area is sure gonna be nasty after those guano covered rocks get washed off. vomit

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

#2896116 - 01/09/19 04:55 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: SrPato]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Knice Duffy!!!

I stopped by again at lunch and the swell's picking up. Much less people in the water. Lifeguards in pwc's and a boat are keeping an eye on things. Also parked at the top of the dirt lot as well as South side of the pier. I was lucky enough to catch a great dolphin show for about 5 minutes. Lots of leaping and frolicking on the sets. The harbour area is sure gonna be nasty after those guano covered rocks get washed off. vomit

drowning

#2896144 - 01/09/19 06:21 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: stu dog]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Saw some SD reefs that were pretty much already washed out at 1:30PM. Lifeguards had skis running and there were only a handful of guys out. Didn't see a single wave ridden in he 4 sets I saw break. Typical.

May look at a couple of the "spots" in the morning to see how they're breaking. I tweaked my knee Sunday so I am out for at least a couple more days. Otherwise I would be so on it.... not roflmao

#2896152 - 01/09/19 07:07 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: 1whoknows]
beerbelly Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Got some good waves at the most tucked in point in Santa Cruz County.

#2896153 - 01/09/19 07:08 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: 1whoknows]
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status

anybody give blacks a try?

#2896171 - 01/09/19 07:43 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: beerbelly]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: beerbelly
Got some good waves at the most tucked in point in Santa Cruz County.

My favorite spot

#2896195 - 01/09/19 08:41 PM Re: Donít we hype swells here anymore? [Re: mundus]
Buoy_maker Offline
Grom

There were people out. Some epic waves coming out of the canyon. Coworker sent me a pic of a set going north.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32