REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2887212 - 12/14/18 02:21 AM Re: 2 for 1 tips? [Re: grendel95]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Malibu, CA
I’ve been wondering about that place steamroller. I hate paying for parking though.

#2893648 - 01/03/19 06:24 PM Re: 2 for 1 tips? [Re: grendel95]
gregfoil Offline
Grom

Connecting multiple waves is super fun but the best is really to carve into the wave without any pumping, this is another level, the timing, the speed, the anticipation have to be perfect to make is smooth.

#2920036 - 02/27/19 03:15 PM Re: 2 for 1 tips? [Re: grendel95]
Hdip Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Malibu, CA
Pumping break through today it felt like. 1-2 foot beach break North of me. It was basically just a peak where you could maybe do one cutback and then it faded out. I got 3 separate loop 2 for 1's. Before my 2 for 1's were always down the line to the next peak. Hadn't been able to connect it in a circle where I get back to the takeoff spot and catch the next wave on the same circle motion.

One of them was the first wave of a set and I kicked out, gained speed and had to bank off the white water to spin it back around on the bigger 2nd wave.

It really helped that there was some backwash I think. You could feel after the first couple pumps when there was a surge that would help push you back out to the next wave. I made a few long pumps without the backwash too though.

Still on the 4'6" Takuma Concept. I don't have a tail kick on my 4'8" WCFC. I'm going to glue one on today and ride that board next I think. I've always been afraid of my foot falling off the back so maybe I was to afraid to move my back foot far enough back. I feel my back foot locking into the tail kick of the Takuma or sometimes landing partially on top of the kick. It gives good feedback to know where I am.

Naish 70 cm mast, Large wing.

#2920230 - 02/27/19 06:53 PM Re: 2 for 1 tips? [Re: Hdip]
Kaser1 Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Foiltown , Hawai'i
Originally Posted By: Hdip
Pumping break through today it felt like. 1-2 foot beach break North of me. It was basically just a peak where you could maybe do one cutback and then it faded out. I got 3 separate loop 2 for 1's. Before my 2 for 1's were always down the line to the next peak. Hadn't been able to connect it in a circle where I get back to the takeoff spot and catch the next wave on the same circle motion.

One of them was the first wave of a set and I kicked out, gained speed and had to bank off the white water to spin it back around on the bigger 2nd wave.

It really helped that there was some backwash I think. You could feel after the first couple pumps when there was a surge that would help push you back out to the next wave. I made a few long pumps without the backwash too though.

Still on the 4'6" Takuma Concept. I don't have a tail kick on my 4'8" WCFC. I'm going to glue one on today and ride that board next I think. I've always been afraid of my foot falling off the back so maybe I was to afraid to move my back foot far enough back. I feel my back foot locking into the tail kick of the Takuma or sometimes landing partially on top of the kick. It gives good feedback to know where I am.

Naish 70 cm mast, Large wing.

Nice!

Backwash is a nice added bonus. A couple spots here get it on higher tides. You can see it coming and make a U turn right before it gets to you and can literally almost stand still without pumping on the way back out. applause2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2