REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2880980 - 11/29/18 08:45 AM Achilles pain
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status

Anyone hurt their Achilles from higher volumed boards? Took out a fatter board because I’m pretty fat right now. Achilles has been hurting a couple days after getting a good one. Just curious. Feels it’s worst this morning but think I’d know if it was more serious. Just tightness, feels swollen but doesn’t look swollen back of heel.

#2880986 - 11/29/18 08:59 AM Re: Achilles pain [Re: rts265]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
It's your NS's way of telling you to lose weight?

#2881009 - 11/29/18 10:23 AM Re: Achilles pain [Re: rts265]
john4surf Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: CBS, CA
Consider getting a 'wedge' to put under the heel in your shoe. If you have a minor tear or inflammation this shoud reduce the 'pull' on the Achilles. Ibuprofen is your friend. Salads and light meals are your friends. G'luck! John

#2881010 - 11/29/18 10:28 AM Re: Achilles pain [Re: rts265]
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status

cheers

I cut out beer and the weight won't go away. I guess I got old. Need to look at diet now.

yeah took some ibuprofen and the foot is cracking away now...in a good way.

#2881996 - 12/01/18 11:36 AM Re: Achilles pain [Re: rts265]
GromsDad Offline
Duke status

Loc: West of the Atlantic. East of...
3 years ago I had a bout of diverticulitis and the urgent care doctor prescribed a powerful anti-biotic called Cipro. I only took 3 of the pills and started having extreme Achilles tendon pain. I discontinued the medication but for the next 6 months I kept getting minor Achilles tendon injuries and any time I sat or drove for more than an hour and stood up to walk my tendons would feel like they were about to explode until they stretched and loosened up. My Achilles tendons have never been the same. Cutious if the OP has taken that medication or if anyone else has experience this side effect. My shoulder, hip and knee problems all started in the time since being on this medication too. Been all down hill as far as sports go for me since. Been dinged up ever since.

Its a thing: https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/news/20080708/fda-warning-cipro-may-rupture-tendons
“This is a bad day for the news media. Let’s not kid ourselves,” Toobin said on CNN. “The larger message that a lot of people are going to take from this story is that the news media are a bunch of leftist liars who are dying to get the president, and they’re willing to lie to do it.”

#2882031 - 12/01/18 01:10 PM Re: Achilles pain [Re: rts265]
rts265 Offline
Miki Dora status

No cipro or other antibiotics. I’ve read about that though.

Now thinking it’s my ankle - it’s swollen. Think it’s actually from tripping on my daughters toys. Damn it.

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32